Spacers to accommodate sag - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Spacers to accommodate sag

Will I be ok putting in ½” or ¾” spacers on top of my 2.5” lift to accommodate sagging due to weight? I am going to be putting in front and rear heavy ass bumpers (probably Rugged Ridge), and rock rails. Already have a winch and tire carrier that are heavy as well. I don’t want to sacrifice any on or off road ability. Or should I try to find some 3” coils? In relation to the 2nd question, should my shocks and sway bar links be ok with 3" coils if I did go that route?

Would love it if Teraflex can chime in too.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold

Last edited by Daniel_M; 12-13-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 07:26 AM
JKowners Vendor

Overall, if you already have the tire carrier and winch on there, those are the heaviest components--upgrading the bumpers shouldn't be as big of a deal. I would wait until that stuff is on there and see how it rides first.

If you are experiencing sag with your current springs, then what you want is new springs. On many of our 2.5-3" lifted Jeeps, we use the Old Man Emu heavy-duty springs. AEV will also be releasing a 2.5" spring lift soon.

If you already had the slightly longer shocks and sway bar links to fit your 2.5" lift, then they should be fine going to 3". If you are still running the stock stuff, you really need to upgrade (especially if you have a Rubicon--the front sway bar link length is important to not irritate your power sway bar).

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #3 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

That stuff isn't stock, I have rancho shocks and Treaflex trackbars and quick disconnects. Thanks for the response, i'll definitely wait until the stuff is on there. I have heard though that the RR front bumper is like 110lbs, I have a synthetic rope on my winch so it is only about 60lbs, with the bumper though it'll be 170lbs up front I haven't found the weight of the rear bumper though.

-Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 08:11 AM
JKowners Vendor

What rear are you planning on running?

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #5 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
What rear are you planning on running?

-Jason
Probably Rugged Ridge also.

-Dan

post #6 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Rock God

Garage

I thought the TeraFlex 2 1/2" lift already had 3" coils in front and 2" in the rear (net lift = 2 1/2") ?
I'll be following this thread because my front seems to be sagging a bit lately too.... and I'm not refering to my belly hangin over my belt.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 11:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Do they make these for the sag in female breast?

B.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
I thought the TeraFlex 2 1/2" lift already had 3" coils in front and 2" in the rear (net lift = 2 1/2") ?
I'll be following this thread because my front seems to be sagging a bit lately too.... and I'm not refering to my belly hangin over my belt.
I don’t know if they have 3” fronts, their website claims that their 2.5” coils net 3” of lift on 2 doors. I am not experiencing sagging now with the winch and tire carrier, just wondering if I will with the addition of bumpers and rails.

-Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode