Anyone Else getting Calls from Jeep? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Anyone Else getting Calls from Jeep?

I have recieved a couple of calls, one fromt he dealer where I purchased my current JK, and another from Chrysler. Both wanting me to trade in my JK for a new 2012.

I have only had it for 2 years, put on 58,000 miles, added 2.5inch Skyjacker budget boost, Smittybuilt front SRC bumper, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, CB, and thats about it. not too many mods at this point.

I talked to the dealer, and they wanted me to trade in my 2009 for a new 2012. I told him it would have to be the new Tan color, black soft top, sport edition, with a 3 inch lift, 35s on Crager soft 8s.

According to him, he could get it, have a Teraflex 3 inch lift installed, and swap my current bumper for the stock. All for the same payment I have now.

now, I will have the current one paid off next year or early 2013. I currently pay an extra $50.00 per month, then in March of every year, I make a double payment. this gets it paid off in 3 to 4 years, instead of the 5. Saves a lot on interest!!

What would you do? Go for the new or keep what you got. I have no issues with the one I have, although it needs new tires and rims.

Some say I have A.D.D but, Oh look.. a chicken!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 06:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Not getting calls, but I did get a flyer offering an additional $500 off on a new Wrangler before Jan 31st. Seeing as how I just ordered a new Wrangler that left the factory Friday, the timing was good. Between the automagical 1% below invoice from my Tread Lightly membership and the additional $500 off....that's a great deal. My 2009 is moderately built, and I'm starting over a bit, but I'm not going to have a car payment so that works for me.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #3 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 06:51 AM
ADDICTION II build begins....

That's a flip of a coin.....it's almost paid off so you could start investing money into building it up more.

On the other hand you dont have a lot invested in parts and they would swap out the parts to the new one for you and LIFT it for the same payment.

Do what makes you happy!

As for me......Mine is getting close to pay off (with only 30,000mi, new engine/clutch/cat converter about a year ago), lots of extras, and I just ordered a RK 3.5" X Factor Mid-Arm so mine staying.

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 07:44 AM
JKO Addict!

No calls, but "for the same payment" wouldn't mean shit to me. I'll keep what I got.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #5 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 08:07 AM
j5
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
No calls, but "for the same payment" wouldn't mean shit to me. I'll keep what I got.
Exactly. I'll bet you'll be making that "same payment" for the next 72 months.
post #6 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to kaptkrappy

I used to buy a new Ford truck every 3 years and someone from Ford (either the dealer or Ford Motor Credit) called me at least once a year offering some kind of deal on a new truck. I would keep them for 3 years till the warranty ran out and trade them in. I traded the last F150 in to my Jeep dealer in October for a 2011 JK, my phone and e-mail is burning up from calls from the dealer and Jeep/Chrysler asking me how was my "purchasing experience" was and how well did the service department handle everything and etc. So I expect them to start hitting me up for a new purchase sometime after the first year of ownership. Oh, I forgot the funniest call, my wife's birthday was November 24th, I got a phone call wishing her a happy birthday and if there was a new vehicle planned as her gift, they would love to help me with that purchase. Bottom line; they, (dealers and manufacturers) make money selling and servicing vehicles and they have our phone numbers and now our e-mail addresses so they are going to call and make offers.

2011 JK SPORT
2014 Hemi Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW View Post
That's Daffy, not Donald you dillweed. Get your meat wackin' ducks straight!!
post #7 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Rock God

Garage

Passenger Ejector Seat
hhahahahahahahahahahaha
post #8 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
yup. the dealer knows how to work it where you could be financing $150k and keep the same payments.
post #9 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Granite Guru

This is common...lots of dealers do this. They just want you down there thinking you're getting something. "We need your used vehicle"....BS!
post #10 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Rock God

My 08 is payed off and all mine at 50k miles. My JK was the first and will be the last "new" vehicle I ever purchase. I hate car payments, I would rather save and buy it vs finance. But I ordered my jeep the way I wanted it.

Btw, I dont get any calls or emails.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
post #11 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

Don't the older JKs have the lifetime warranty that will surely be a thorn in Chrysler's side? I could see them trying to get them traded in for newer models.

And if you get the Sahara tan color you NEED to let me know how bc I tried and its apparently discontinued.

"With all due respect sir, I believe this will be our finest hour"
post #12 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
JKO Addict!

yeah but the 2010 is almost paid for and i already sold the92
post #13 of 21 Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

No calls from Jeep but the dealer that I bought mine from calles me at least once a year trying to get me to trade in. No way that I have any interest in doing that. Love my 08 and don't want to start another build.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #14 of 21 Old 12-13-2011, 05:30 AM
LSM
Granite Guru

I get called about every 3 months. I actually talked to them once and they were going to give almost nothing for a trade. I could have sold it for more than what they offered. Basicly, I was just giving them my Jeep... No thanks. Now, when they call I will string them along so they waste some time on a sale they will never get.

ME
08 Rubicon Unlimited / জীপ্ Green / 6 Speed..
Mopar offroad bumper
Winch
Raider Evap Skid plate
Some mods to the bumper
It has started....
post #15 of 21 Old 12-13-2011, 05:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have been called a couple times...on the first call I thought I was pretty clear about my intent on keeping it with zero interest in getting in a new one now that mine is paid for and built like I want it. I was as nice as can be until salesdude wouldn't let it go. I finally had to tell him to stop the fuckin' sales pitch, I wasn't interested - take my name off whatever list it was on at the dealership and hung up. There are people just cold calling when business is slow... typical sales tactic. The next time I got a call from them I didn't even let him get started before I shut him down - I told him that I wasn't interested but knew someone who was... gave him a random friend's phone number and told them to call right away! Hahaaa.
post #16 of 21 Old 12-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Granite Guru

I had a phone conversation with the owner of the dealership i purchased my 2010 rubi unlimited from and it was in regard to them not honoring my warranty. The conversation ended with me telling him to F off and he better hope i never run into him so i can see if hes as tough in person as he was on the phone what an asshole. So i doubt they will be calling me anytime soon and if they did i have more choice words for them.
post #17 of 21 Old 12-13-2011, 07:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
This is common...lots of dealers do this. They just want you down there thinking you're getting something. "We need your used vehicle"....BS!
True, but they actually do need your JK. Because of poor sales years '07 - '11 there is and will be for some time a severe shortage of used cars. This is particularly true of trucks & SUVs.

For the OP, there's nothing wrong with trading in your old JK, but never buy anything based upon the payment. Look VERY closely at what you're actually paying for before you agree to the deal.
post #18 of 21 Old 12-13-2011, 07:32 PM
TJT
Rock God

Amen,

BUT, I had the pleasure of making a couple of these calls today. There is an alert setup in our CRM software that lets us know all the data. Its more than just saying "congratulations we may be able to get you into ____ and keep your payment the same, or lower it." It may not work 99% of the time, but there's folks out there that hate their current car, want to lower their monthly payment, get the newest thing out, or just get something more suitable without losing their ass.

When done right, it's really not that bad of a conversation and very insightful. However, someone with a lot of inexperience and not a clue about what questions to expect, can make it a painful call.

For example, I called a couple that I sold an Audi to back in '08. Their lease is a year away, but they can trade their car with no money out of pocket and stay at their current payment and get an A5 premium plus with sport package and Nav. A car they have grown to like since they've been Audi owners. Poof, got an appointment next week. Will they buy the premium plus? - probably not. But, I'm gonna put my sales shoes on and sell them something they'll love cause they love Audi and they appreciate me.

Seriously though. In my very humble other side of the fence opinion. Showing your ass to whoever calls you, as inconvenient as it may be, will only get you a dealership with a 400% turnover and sales people who don't know their ass from a hold in the ground. If you're not getting called, the person who sold you the Jeep probably isn't working there anymore or is too lazy.
post #19 of 21 Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKsport View Post
Don't the older JKs have the lifetime warranty that will surely be a thorn in Chrysler's side? I could see them trying to get them traded in for newer models.

And if you get the Sahara tan color you NEED to let me know how bc I tried and its apparently discontinued.
From what i know when i ordered mine, was that only the first month of production, for the 2012s was the Tan to be available anymore, then they were to introduce their, dozer and other orange, along with the blue.
post #20 of 21 Old 12-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Rock God

I traded my 2009 for a 2012 after thinking about it for months. My payments went up $75/month but it's worth it every penny.

The 3.6 motor is night and day from the old 3.8: it's more powerful, more fuel efficient, revs more freely and sounds a LOT better.

Although I haven't noticed much difference on the trail, I do a fair bit of long-distance driving and the new motor shines on the road: the interior is a lot quieter, the suspension is smoother, the well padded armrests don't get my elbows numb after a couple hrs, and the headrests don't drill a hole in the back of my cranium anymore. My new JK is filled with nice touches throughout, too, from the power mirrors to the heated leather seats, from the reversible cargo mat, to the high-quality bag for the roof panels included, etc., etc.

No regrets whatsoever...

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Warn 9.5ti winch
2.5-inch Teraflex lift
35-inch General Grabbers

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Rubicon Wheels and Tires
post #21 of 21 Old 12-13-2011, 08:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Call center pretending to be my dealership has called twice in the last month trying to offer me some cool trade in value blah blah stopped listening when I heard 30 other voices in the background.

Eight more months and it's mine, no thank you.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode