yet another change in build plan, decisions, decisions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-11-2011, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

yet another change in build plan, decisions, decisions

long story short my 08 is bone stock, getting ready to deploy again, just noticed the specs on the 12(i know alittle behind the times), going to sell my 08 and get a 12 when i get home. just a couple issues now and would like some input.

just ordered tires because i needed them, mine are bald right now and need to pass inspection. i have wheel spacers. should i sell them? save them? or put them on to increase looks in hopes of being able to sell faster?

i need to do something with the front bumper because it's pretty smashed up. get the end cap factory stubby deal? find a cheap aftermarket? thought about adding the rugged ridge tube stubby with winch mount (i know lots dont' like the tube style but it's cheap, i don't think it's bad looking, and it has winch mount and factory fogs), but not sure i want to spend that much even though i found a really good deal

i also have windshield light mount brackets(not mounted) keep them for the next jk? or put them on and add some cheap $40 5.5 lights from walmart in hopes of creating more appeal and selling faster.

also has lots of hail damage on the front hood. leave it there? or add the syngery hood louver powder coated black, think it's only about $150 ish. that would cover about 85-90% of the hail damage.

if i do any work on it, i want to keep it under $500 at the most, but i owe alot less than it is worth so i should be able to come out ahead. if for some reason i am unable to sell it before i leave, i will be resorting back to complete stock and trading it in and taking the parts i put on, onto the new jeep, so that is the main reason i was thinking going a little extra on the bumper. anyway any input would be great guys, thanks in advance

I don't need anger management classes you need shut the f*#K up classes.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Rock God

Garage

IMO, you'd be better off just putting it back to stock and keeping the parts that will transfer over to the new jeep. Any aftermarket part you add is just going to lose value when you sell it and you'll be stuck buying similar parts for the new jeep. If you don't want them anymore then by all means sell them with the jeep, just keep in mind it won't increase the value of the jeep much, unless you're into some extreme mods. But even then, you could have 80k into a jeep and it might only sell for 50k (this is just an extreme example). Not to mention, that an unmodified jeep will appeal to a much broader group. I'd say try to find someone's take off parts to repair the damaged ones. There's plenty of new bumpers out there that were taken off to be replaced by after market ones. as far as a hood, you might see if you can find a used take off or maybe call some salvage yards. Might have to pice some stuff out to see what the best options are. Good luck

07 X 2dr- 6spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-11-2011, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

i agree i wan't to put as little into this jeep as possible, so i'm thinking hang on to the spacers, and light brackets. there is only one junk yard around here that i know of and they have zero Jks from what i have been told. so i think cutting the factory bumper and adding the end cap pieces might be best, unless i can find a full factory one around here someone wants to get ride of. but i think the stubby would look a little better and it's only like $60 i think, the hood is my only other issue, odds of finding a used hood here are slim, so the louver might be my best bet, but will defiantly look for cheaper options

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-11-2011, 06:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Check the For Sale section here...you can usually find a front bumper for cheap and sometimes free. I'll check and see if I still have mine.

Get the Jeep to as stock as possible...mods aren't going to help you get a better trade in or selling price when the time comes. Any money you put into it now will likely be lost when you go to sell it.

Good luck

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #5 of 5 Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

i agree completly anything money put into it is basically lost money. only money i feel i need to put into it( i don't really want to) is the cash to fix the front bumper and the hood. those are the only things really messed up. i can keep checking the junk yard for the front bumper or the end caps which ever is cheaper. not sure that i can replace the hood for less than what the hood louver from syngery would cost me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode