Can a 48" led light bar fit my 2011 JK? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 12-10-2011, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Feedback: 0 reviews
Question Can a 48" led light bar fit my 2011 JK?

All the info I have seen is it takes a 50" led light bar...will a 48" fit and not look dumb? If so is there a special bracket I need besides what comes standard with the 48" to compensate for the shorter bar?

Please help
MyJeepJK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Granite Guru
 
fadeout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 104
Feedback: 0 reviews

who makes a 48" one? and probably a few longer bolts or longer brackets will make it fit just fine.
fadeout is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 12-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Rock God
 
CeeeJaySeven+JKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Springfield GA
Age: 43
Posts: 709
Feedback: 0 reviews

Home depot has 1" spacers you could put on each side for the difference. They are in the hardware bins.

Big B.

2011 4Dr Unlimited... Rubi springs & shocks, Rubi tires, JKS QD's, CoverKing Seat covers, Rugged Ridge trail doors, A.C.E. stubby bumper, A.C.E. Rock Rails, A.C.E. Hi-lift jack mounts, Superwinch LP8500.

1983 CJ7 LAREDO, AMC 360, 5" lift, 33's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CeeeJaySeven+JKU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 Old 12-10-2011, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Feedback: 0 reviews
Smile

This guy is selling 48" led light bars for $475.00!
Looks just like rigid brand but two inches smaller and $1,000.00 cheaper!

He said if anyone else wanted to order he could give a club discount!

Check them out --- plus thanks guys I think I'm going to buy it now if hardware is available at home depot

iPhone URL:
60 LED LIGHT BAR 34" 180W Cheaper than Rigid Industries or Vision X 30 Jeep Ford

Browser URL:
60 LED LIGHT BAR 34" 180W Cheaper than Rigid Industries or Vision X 30 Jeep Ford
MyJeepJK is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 12-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Rock God
 
curbsjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Crofton, Md
Age: 37
Posts: 1,344
Feedback: 1 reviews

Two inches will not make it look stupid. I would like to see how bright and what the quality is like compared to rigid.


Message spread by Paul Revere

_____________________________________________
Mango Tango Unlimited Mountain
curbsjeep is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 12-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Granite Guru
 
gcologne25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CO
Posts: 431
Feedback: 0 reviews

I would love to see a link. It definitely sounds too good to be true.
gcologne25 is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 12-10-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Feedback: 0 reviews
Post

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ent=13180-.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...745/13180-.jpg
<a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/bigdaddymike745/?action=view&amp;current=13180-.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/bigdaddymike745/13180-.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

He has 50" led light bars but price went up to $675.00 inc. Shipping
MyJeepJK is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 12-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Rock God
 
curbsjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Crofton, Md
Age: 37
Posts: 1,344
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcologne25 View Post
I would love to see a link. It definitely sounds too good to be true.
X2


Message spread by Paul Revere

_____________________________________________
Mango Tango Unlimited Mountain
curbsjeep is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Feedback: 0 reviews
Post

Contact info:
Mikhail Levinson
[email protected]

I tried to copy his link but it isn't working, if you tell him
Linda from Florida you belong to same jeep club he will give you a big discount.

The price went up however he has 50 " led light bars for $700.00 including shipping.

Differences I saw between rigid and this one:
The design does not have the screws every 10" but*waterproofing seals.*The product is rated IP67 which means that it can work under water for one hour if completely submerged.*As far as the circuit on the bar, if one LED goes out, only 4get damaged.

Rigid has the screws and 1 bulb only goes out if damaged.
MyJeepJK is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 AM
JKO Addict!
 
07unlimitedx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary Alberta
Age: 49
Posts: 2,286
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

I bet if you dig a little deeper, there will be more than just a couple reason's why they are that much cheaper than Rigid... Warranty, service etc... JMO

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
07unlimitedx is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 07:20 AM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 38
Posts: 10,263
Feedback: 4 reviews

and if you continue to dig you'll realize that lightbars look fantastic smashed off low branches and trees...

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #12 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 08:04 AM
JKO Addict!
 
desert dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oildale
Posts: 2,585
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and if you continue to dig you'll realize that lightbars look fantastic smashed off low branches and trees...
I used to think the same thing, but I was wrong.

Ive ran the Rigids into big branches and they didn't even get a scratch. I had a tree branch bounce off my Rigid, hit the windshield and shatter the window, with no damage to the light.

The 10" Rigid on my bumper gets plowed into rocks all the time; I just bend it back to readjust the beam and it works as normal. Ive done this so many times that I finally installed a new lens because the old one was so scratched up I thought it might effect performance.

Even though I rock crawl in the desert for half the year, I spend the other half in the heavily forested Sierras. Ive lost 3 windshields and lots of body damage from trees, but no light bars.......yet


I guess if you can shoot them, drown them, hit them with 2x4s and golf clubs, and drag them behind a speeding Jeep for miles they aren't going to care about moving a few tree branches out of the way.
desert dog is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Rock God
 
Tail Rated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Aurora CO
Posts: 1,289
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJeepJK View Post
All the info I have seen is it takes a 50" led light bar...will a 48" fit and not look dumb? If so is there a special bracket I need besides what comes standard with the 48" to compensate for the shorter bar?

Please help
Here's another option for you.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpo...39&postcount=1

2016 JKU
Tail Rated is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 09:30 AM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 38
Posts: 10,263
Feedback: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
I used to think the same thing, but I was wrong.

Ive ran the Rigids into big branches and they didn't even get a scratch. I had a tree branch bounce off my Rigid, hit the windshield and shatter the window, with no damage to the light.

The 10" Rigid on my bumper gets plowed into rocks all the time; I just bend it back to readjust the beam and it works as normal. Ive done this so many times that I finally installed a new lens because the old one was so scratched up I thought it might effect performance.

Even though I rock crawl in the desert for half the year, I spend the other half in the heavily forested Sierras. Ive lost 3 windshields and lots of body damage from trees, but no light bars.......yet


I guess if you can shoot them, drown them, hit them with 2x4s and golf clubs, and drag them behind a speeding Jeep for miles they aren't going to care about moving a few tree branches out of the way.
i was just giving the OP a hard time... this will probably ruffle a bunch of feathers but there was a discussion the other day over some beers about how LED light bars are the new ricer mod. how many guys really need them? probably no more than a handful of people doing KOH style wheeling.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Rock God
 
Daniel_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizoner
Age: 35
Posts: 998
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
i was just giving the OP a hard time... this will probably ruffle a bunch of feathers but there was a discussion the other day over some beers about how LED light bars are the new ricer mod. how many guys really need them? probably no more than a handful of people doing KOH style wheeling.
I love Rigid Lights and run them myself but I sort of agree here. The 50" light bars are excessive and excessively expensive. I can understand on pre runners.

If i was to run a light bar it'd probably be a traditional one with Dually's or D2's mounted to it. I think that would be amazing and bright enough. I do like their 10" bars and stuff on bumpers and fairleads.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
Daniel_M is offline  
post #16 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 10:08 AM
JKO Addict!
 
desert dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oildale
Posts: 2,585
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
how many guys really need them? probably no more than a handful of people doing KOH style wheeling.
Very true.

I use my bumper-mounted 10" Rigid flood all the time for monthly night runs. I point it down towards the rocks and its easy to pick my way through and doesn't blind the rig in front of me.

I got the 50"er for running in the sand dunes, where that kind of illumination is pretty mandatory, but for everything else it is unnecessary and often unusable.
desert dog is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Wheeler
 
Dom42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: so cal
Age: 39
Posts: 64
Feedback: 0 reviews

Here's what one of those Knockoffs look like when making contact with a tree....


I think rigid makes the best as they use the best material. The one the op posted is almost identical to rigiid except for the cheap "glass" they use....rigid uses a really strong type of plexi

...but fuck are they expensive. Look into Phantomoffroad lights. Less expensive and quality is up there. jesse james is sponsored by them and has em on his trophy truck and it does really well in the middle of baja.

2011 Rubicon unlimited. Bone stock for now

08 Commander...

2006 Ram 2500 CR on 6'' True Performance suspension by.....Thuren Fabrication

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dom42 is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Wheeler
 
cdyspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 25
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom42 View Post
Here's what one of those Knockoffs look like when making contact with a tree....


I think rigid makes the best as they use the best material. The one the op posted is almost identical to rigiid except for the cheap "glass" they use....rigid uses a really strong type of plexi

...but fuck are they expensive. Look into Phantomoffroad lights. Less expensive and quality is up there. jesse james is sponsored by them and has em on his trophy truck and it does really well in the middle of baja.
I don't know if any of you have seen this but ill post it up anyways i thought this was an awesome video

LED Light Bar Torture Test - Rigid Industries - YouTube
cdyspeed is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Locked in a basement
Posts: 16,621
Feedback: 0 reviews

Hmmm. New guy, 4 posts under his belt and trying to send everyone toward a cheaper version of what's already battle tested?

My bullshit detector just went completely BATSHIT.



Dancin Dan is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Rock God
 
ChrisW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 753
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
Hmmm. New guy, 4 posts under his belt and trying to send everyone toward a cheaper version of what's already battle tested?

My bullshit detector just went completely BATSHIT.
At least I'm not the only one.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ChrisW is offline  
post #21 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Rock God
 
CeeeJaySeven+JKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Springfield GA
Age: 43
Posts: 709
Feedback: 0 reviews

Edited ...

Big B.

2011 4Dr Unlimited... Rubi springs & shocks, Rubi tires, JKS QD's, CoverKing Seat covers, Rugged Ridge trail doors, A.C.E. stubby bumper, A.C.E. Rock Rails, A.C.E. Hi-lift jack mounts, Superwinch LP8500.

1983 CJ7 LAREDO, AMC 360, 5" lift, 33's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CeeeJaySeven+JKU is offline  
post #22 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Locked in a basement
Posts: 16,621
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
At least I'm not the only one.
Nope. I used to go with the whole "trust, but verify" thing.

Now I'm just a cynical bastard.



Dancin Dan is offline  
post #23 of 25 Old 12-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Rock God
 
Northernmedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 625
Feedback: 0 reviews

Thought the same thing when I saw the posts. Get a star then pimp yo' shit!
Northernmedic is offline  
post #24 of 25 Old 12-16-2011, 04:08 AM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: FWD, TX
Age: 31
Posts: 660
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdyspeed View Post
I don't know if any of you have seen this but ill post it up anyways i thought this was an awesome video[/url]
That video made me cry a little. Such nice lights being destroyed but defiantly a testament to how tuff they are.
HOT_DAMN is offline  
post #25 of 25 Old 12-16-2011, 04:55 AM
Rock God
 
CeeeJaySeven+JKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Springfield GA
Age: 43
Posts: 709
Feedback: 0 reviews

Anyone can make a LED light bar that's bright to look at. Actually projecting that light out is the trick. I don't own a Rigid...YET, but I'd compare any others to them for Brightness(projected), durability, and style.

Big B.

2011 4Dr Unlimited... Rubi springs & shocks, Rubi tires, JKS QD's, CoverKing Seat covers, Rugged Ridge trail doors, A.C.E. stubby bumper, A.C.E. Rock Rails, A.C.E. Hi-lift jack mounts, Superwinch LP8500.

1983 CJ7 LAREDO, AMC 360, 5" lift, 33's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CeeeJaySeven+JKU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome