Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
Feedback: 0 reviews
Lifts will void the following parts of your 2012 service contract:
1. Everything on the drivetrain attached after the engine. So, axles, steering, all joints, wheel bearings, transfer cases, diffs, tranny and anything else that even remotely is affected by a change in suspension height. In other words, everything that makes the jeep expensive.
Don't count any of these things as covered. If it is covered, thank your dealer for not being hardasses. In fact, if I was a dickhead dealer, I would even argue that your lift caused vibrations in the driveline (even if you don't have any) that made your a/c compressor fail or any other part for that matter.
Good luck fighting the dealer (ie spending multi-thousands in $) in court regardless if they are right or wrong.
Of course I would never buy another vehicle from that dealership ever again and badmouth them for life, but it is possible.
2009 JKUR Auto
- HD Switchblade Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier
- ARB Deluxe Front Bumper
- Warn Powerplant HP (front) + Warn M8000 (rear)
- Benchmark Dual Battery w/ smart isolator
- Rockhard Skids + AEV Diff Slider + Kilby Shock Skids
- Wildboar Square Roofrack + Sidestep
- AEV 3.5" Premium lift + STOCK tires!
Last edited by turbomeister; 11-03-2011 at 01:41 AM.