Brakes... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to serbNYC Send a message via MSN to serbNYC Send a message via Yahoo to serbNYC
Question Brakes...

So I have an 07 JK and I dont do any real offroading but I do want to upgrade my brakes. Is it something that I should do is my question. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-01-2011, 07:35 PM
JKO Addict!

I feel if you have crossed the 37" threshold, upgraded brakes should absolutely be a consideration for street duty. At least a high quality/performance pad.

Stock wheel/tire? I wouldn't say it's a complete waste, since nobody will ever say "if I didn't stop so soon, __________ wouldn't have happened."

However the main reason to upgrade is to offset heavy ~110lb+ wheel/tire combos on the street. Off-road they don't seem to have a problem being stock.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to serbNYC Send a message via MSN to serbNYC Send a message via Yahoo to serbNYC

Just upgraded to 35"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Rock God

Yes I looking for some slotted rotors I recently just went from 35's to 37's and my baarkews need to be changed does anybody know why make slotted rotors for a 08 jk rubi

VE7 ESH
post #5 of 12 Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Rebel Brake Kit. Talk to the Rebel rep (or Marcus or Jason) here on the forum.

I've noticed a great improvement in stopping when I installed it in mine, and if you're not going to 37's and above, you're not necessarily in need of the Teraflex Big Brake Kit.
post #6 of 12 Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Best place I found since I been looking to
http://brakeperformance.com/brake-ro....php?did=17544
post #7 of 12 Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Rock God

Blains Brake upgrade with the black pads are supposed to be the bomb. I run the upgrade with dual piston but different pads( I have ordered the black pads), and the brakes were an amazing upgrade.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

On 35"s I just went with a high friction pad. Worked pretty well. On 37"s I went with the Rebel slotted / drilled rotors / pads. Good setup.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #9 of 12 Old 11-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Wheeler

Last few vehicles I've had I bought my stuff at buy www.buybrakes.com I just like their customer service and selection.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Granite Guru

Give my boy johnny a call @ Road///Race motorsports 562 906 0080, they just had their Oct. Brake sale and im sure they can fudge the price again for jko members, they have the highest quality brakes available for the JK, an the lowest prices guaranteed, these guys race an they have been one of Stop Tech Brakes sponsered teams for years. Rumor has it they also have a new brake surprise being developed .
post #11 of 12 Old 11-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbNYC View Post
So I have an 07 JK and I dont do any real offroading but I do want to upgrade my brakes. Is it something that I should do is my question. What do you guys think?
Happy Monday, Yes we can still give the JKO member a great price on our brake kits. Give me a call an we can give you a detailed info on our brakes an what works an what dosent. Another words the best bang for your buck. thanks Johnny

Road///Race Motorsports (562)906-0080 10am-5pm PST Toll Free Order Line 855-891-1898

or our
post #12 of 12 Old 11-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Rock God

Jeep JK Brakes by Road///Race Motorsports, on Flickr

Road///Race Motorsports (562)906-0080 10am-5pm PST Toll Free Order Line 855-891-1898

or our
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode