Dynamat Anyone? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Dynamat Anyone?

Has anyone pulled out the interior and installed Dynamat? I am curious as to how well the will carpet fit back in.

Last edited by SpyGame; 10-28-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Granite Guru

The adhesive is strong and it forms to the metal really well you should not have any issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tech Support Contact:
901-382-8888 Phone
901-373-5290 Fax

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 07:14 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Not well, Try a truck bed coating (Not out of a can) it will have the same effect. I have a audio shop and we sell dynamat. It's ok but a pain when it gets hot and melty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyaudio View Post
Not well, Try a truck bed coating (Not out of a can) it will have the same effect. I have a audio shop and we sell dynamat. It's ok but a pain when it gets hot and melty.
hmmmm...thankyou. Is the bed coating a heavy enough substance where I would not have to worry about over spray, or would the dash, roll bar, etc., have to be all covered up really well?
post #5 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyaudio View Post
<shrug>

I experienced none of that... I've been using Dynamat since the early 90's

Get the real shit, Dynamat, get a the good roller from them them as well and a heat gun.

Just recently I did the tow rig using Dynamat Extreme and 1/4" Dynaliner

I might still rather bed liner for the jeep over Dynamat, but not because its "messy". More because of the constant puddles of water I get from rain and such and I'm not sure how well Dynamat likes water.

If I had a hard top I would probably stick some Dynaliner up on the inside for insulation.

best price for all things Dynamat is Amazon.com

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #6 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I like Line x it has a smoother texture, And yes you will need to cover everything you dont want sprayed. And remove the whole interior plus lift the wires off the floor. A pain but worth it in the end.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
<shrug>

I experienced none of that... I've been using Dynamat since the early 90's

Get the real shit, Dynamat, get a the good roller from them them as well and a heat gun.

Just recently I did the tow rig using Dynamat Extreme and 1/4" Dynaliner

I might still rather bed liner for the jeep over Dynamat, but not because its "messy". More because of the constant puddles of water I get from rain and such and I'm not sure how well Dynamat likes water. ( Good point)

If I had a hard top I would probably stick some Dynaliner up on the inside for insulation.

best price for all things Dynamat is Amazon.com
x2
We did the entire inside of a 57 chevy that Hypertech owns

Tech Support Contact:
901-382-8888 Phone
901-373-5290 Fax

post #8 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

The home Depot sell a product called Quick roof. It's almost a Exact Match to Dynamat, I have some cheap customers that had me install this instead of dynamat. It wasn't bad at all For $100.00 for the whole car.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

Dyaudio is right. A good bedliner will do the same thing BUT it is usually thicker. You have to be carefull when putting it in as well. With the Dynamat, you can just pill and stick. The ONLY Dynamat I would recomend is the extreme! That is it, not the cheaper other brands. Also, when installing it, make sure the surface is clean and at a good warm temp. Make sure you stick it where you want it as well. It does not want to come off very easy! OH, and wear gloves. That tin foil like stuff on the outside makes the red stuff come out pretty easy!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #10 of 12 Old 10-28-2011, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I am going to give the Dynamat a shot then, and thank you for the information. The liner sounds like an ordeal to pull everything out, take to a shop, etc. I can do the Dynamat at the house. Hypertech's pics appear as it fits very tight, therefore I should be able to tuck the carpet back in rather easy. Thanks for the Amazon tip.
post #11 of 12 Old 10-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Granite Guru

When we get new trucks at work, which are either Peterbilts or Kenworths, we gut the interiors and use Dynamat every where we can stick it. Makes a real nice difference. I hope to do the JK like you when I get time. I think it will be a good mod.

1. '10 Rubicon Unlimited
  2. Rock Krawler 3.5 Mid Arm Flex/Bilstein 5100's
  3. Rough Country SS
    4.GDY Duratrac 315/70/17

post #12 of 12 Old 10-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to Bombero37A
Question

How many square feet of Dynamat do I need to do the whole inside of a 4 door JK?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode