Can't find a simply-optioned JK! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-26-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Can't find a simply-optioned JK!

Went digging through the dealerships within 200 miles of here trying to find a '12 JKU that has the options I want. They are:

24S (Power everything [Girly Man Package])
Max Tow (for the 3.73s)
Automatic

It's not that complicated. I'm willing to take on a couple extra cheap options to get what I want NOW instead of ordering and waiting three months, but I'm not going to bite on something with a $1,900 navigation system that I'll never use.

Found the one I REALLY wanted, a cosmos blue Sport. A couple extra options like trac-lok, running boards, and something else, but nothing extreme. Finally reached the dealer trade guy today. It sold last week but they still haven't updated their inventory to reflect it.

Picked another one- a flame red Sahara that was actually not overloaded with crap. Also sold, but again, inventory wasn't updated.

Went through two more like that and finally decided, screw it- I'll go drive to the two local dealerships and see what they ACTUALLY have on their lots since none of the dealers in the south know how to update their online inventories.

Found a deep cherry Sport with my options, plus Trac-lok, connectivity group (my wife wanted), Infinity (I've been happy with the stock Infinity in my '11), and running boards. About an extra $1k, but whatever- I'll use all of it but the running boards, which I can sell for a few bucks or trade someone for something else.

My guy is going to be ringing those bastards off the hook to get that damn Jeep. It's thirty minutes from my house and it just arrived today, so I'll be pissed if it's gone before we can stake our claim!

After debating on taking the hit to trade my '11 for a '12 I decided to talk to my contact I bought from last time and just see if he could do anything for me. I'm going to the JKU, gaining 83hp, tinted windows, tow package, and cargo space... and my note is going up $55/mo. I can handle that!

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Granite Guru

Now, I have an employee buying code so I get a true no-haggle buying price and only have to argue about my trade-in... But, I've been dealing with a local dealer with a pretty nice guy in their internet sales department. He knows that I'll be getting a below-invoice price and is still helping me out, he used the Dealer Connect system to search the inventories in a large radius and found me a couple options. They're going to have to make a trade or just buy the Jeep from the other dealer, but they'll be able to get it. And I don't have to drive 3 hours! The downside is, that I have to put down a deposit sight-unseen. But, hey... I know the options it'll have.

It's worth a shot if you're serious about buying and can find a good guy to deal with, the internet guys are usually a little easier to work with.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Granite Guru

Call Jason DeMonto at Airpark Jeep in Scottsdale. He will find you what you want and have it transferred. He delivers Jeeps to other states all the time.

Also, I wanted my Jeep without the MyGig Nav also for the same reason as you. However, I have to say I LOVE having it now. I have it unlocked so I can do any feature anytime. The breadcrumb feature was also a huge bonus to track the trails and record them for later use. I have a bunch of trails stored on HDD now.

Good luck!

DRIVEN1
2009 Rubicon Unlimited
Teraflex 3" Suspension System with Flex Arms
Teraflex RockGuard Epic Front Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Outback Rear Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Spare Tire Carrier
LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders
XD Series Addict 17" Rims
35" BFG KM2 Mud Terrain Tires
J.E. Reel Front and Rear Drive Shafts
Poison Spyder "Special Edition" Bombshell Diff Covers & Evap Can Skid
3M Clear Bra and 80% Window Tint
JEEP PICS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DRIVEN1; 10-26-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Rock God

Garage

In January '09 I walked in the local dealer, first time I had been to a dealer when it was open for years, told him what I wanted and they had it setting on the same dealer's lot in another town. No more, no less than I would have ordered. Rubi only option was a block heater and in my color also....

In fact, I went there to order one because I KNEW they would not have what I wanted. Took me 10 minutes to buy it. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_mage View Post
.....a dark forum, were people would sometimes be rude but yet be helpful.
JK 2dr rubi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I have a guy I'm working with on the trade/sale and a corporate Chrysler buddy is getting me a discount code. It's just a matter of finding the damn thing.

post #6 of 9 Old 10-28-2011, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

We landed the deep cherry Sport! I just finished swapping my springs and tires back to stock as well as removing the CB and grab handles. Going to give it a quick scrub after work tomorrow then head out to make the trade. Deep cherry isn't my favorite color, but my wife likes it enough that she was actually helping me strip down the '11. That makes it a great color in my book!!

post #7 of 9 Old 10-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Banned

If you are willing to drive a little ways, there is a Jeep dealer in Roswell, GA Just north of Atlanta and he had 63 2012 JKU's last weekend.

Me and my wife drove up there to get hers. WOrked everything out on the phone first, and we were there for like 20min max. They even took her trade in over the phone.

http://www.palmerdodgegeorgia.com/index.htm

EDIT: Damn too late! Oh well, good find

Last edited by jkristie44; 10-28-2011 at 06:30 AM.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-28-2011, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Thanks for the link anyway! I don't really like the deep cherry, but at the end of the day I really don't care what color it is as long as it has the options I'm after.

post #9 of 9 Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 View Post
Call Jason DeMonto at Airpark Jeep in Scottsdale. He will find you what you want and have it transferred. He delivers Jeeps to other states all the time.

Also, I wanted my Jeep without the MyGig Nav also for the same reason as you. However, I have to say I LOVE having it now. I have it unlocked so I can do any feature anytime. The breadcrumb feature was also a huge bonus to track the trails and record them for later use. I have a bunch of trails stored on HDD now.

Good luck!
^^This^^

He can drop ship anything you want to your local dealer. No muss no fuss.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode