RK 2.5 max travel vs max travel pro - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

RK 2.5 max travel vs max travel pro

I am trying to figure out which kit to go with, is the pro kit really worth the extra $500 i believe i remember reading you only save about 50lbs, and you get a HD tie rod. I have a 2dr rubicon and will be running list lift with stock tires till money permits for some 35s it is my DD but i know RK is known for there ride quality both on and off road let me know what you guys think

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-26-2011, 06:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguyhasadd42 View Post
I am trying to figure out which kit to go with, is the pro kit really worth the extra $500 i believe i remember reading you only save about 50lbs, and you get a HD tie rod. I have a 2dr rubicon and will be running list lift with stock tires till money permits for some 35s it is my DD but i know RK is known for there ride quality both on and off road let me know what you guys think

thanks
I would prefer the steel for the strength over the aluminum for its weight saving to be honest. I don't think that the max travel is worth that much extra money, but thats IMO. Plus you have a 2dr so adding the weight of new control arms and what not should not be that much of a concern

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #3 of 7 Old 10-26-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlynch2 View Post
I would prefer the steel for the strength over the aluminum for its weight saving to be honest. I don't think that the max travel is worth that much extra money, but thats IMO. Plus you have a 2dr so adding the weight of new control arms and what not should not be that much of a concern
you dont think the max travel is work the extra money over the stock mod?

or you dont think its worth the money to go the aluminum route?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Rock God

When you add the price of the tie rod in it's not that much more and you really should get rid of the weak stock tie rod anyway. The first time out and mine was bent. I would not worry about the strenght of the arms they do carry the same warranty as the steel and they are very strong anyway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 Old 10-26-2011, 07:15 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

The Max Travel is the only way to go on a two door. The aluminum over the steel is a personal preference and you are mainly paying for the tie rod vs the fact that it's aluminum.

If you're doing it on a budget then go with steel and put the savings into your wheel and tire fund.

Let me know if you have any detailed questions about the kits, I have the max travel on my two door JK.

post #6 of 7 Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Granite Guru

I just sent Marcus an email this morning asking the exact same question. Is the reduced unsprung weight worth the extra $$$? Shock choice and Speed Bumps were my only additional questions.

Leaning toward Pro until I hear a good reason to go steel.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-26-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
The Max Travel is the only way to go on a two door. The aluminum over the steel is a personal preference and you are mainly paying for the tie rod vs the fact that it's aluminum.

If you're doing it on a budget then go with steel and put the savings into your wheel and tire fund.

Let me know if you have any detailed questions about the kits, I have the max travel on my two door JK.
Thanks Marcus I will let you, it won't be for a little bit maybe closer to the spring I am just trying to get my parts list together but I feel the aluminum is the way to go unless the strength isn't there which I am sure it is knowing RK has there great warrenty on it, and like stated above I am more so paying for the tie rod that would be replaced anyways, any other things I should be looking into to run the 35s ie: axle shafts, gussets, or sleeves?

Thanks for your help guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode