Jeep most reliable - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jeep most reliable

Here is the lastest CR reliability survey results.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/consumer...s-of-2011.html

Although I usually don't listen to what a magazine/organization says about a product, I found it encouuraging that Jeep is now the most reliable domestic brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 06:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Most of the Wranglers do seem very "reliable". Since the damn water leaks don't count lol

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

they must never drove one more than a few hours

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Rock God

Garage

Interesting they have listed a Jag and a LandRover in the MOST reliable? I think there credibility just got worse than I already thought it was!!

OOPS most popular cars.... I stand corrected. Still not a big fan of Consumer Reports however

Obama's EPA just shut down your favorite ORV trail.

Last edited by StepsRide; 10-26-2011 at 07:14 AM.
post #5 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Nomad View Post
Jeep is now the most reliable domestic brand.
^^^Kinda like being the smartest kid in the special Olympics...

2009 X 2-door 6-speed
budget boost, bilsteins, discos, 35's, 4.88's, and more issues than TV Guide
post #6 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Rock God

Lmfao ...

EX-Jersey
Crew

Find us at www.disconnectedoffroad.com
post #7 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Rock God

Maybe the Jeep brand got it if CR surveyed current owners. I have responded to JD Powers' surveys for my JK and since it is my most faviorite vehicle I ever owned, I gave it 10 out or 10 on everything. Ride quality - 10, Handling - 10, interior comfort - 10, reliability - 10....etc.

It is a Jeep afterall and it excells at what it is supposed to - loud, harsh, rough ride, water leaks, break it-fix it reliability, cold in the winter-hot in the summer but can take on just about any off-road obstacle....all the things that make it a Jeep.

Tom

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
ORH soft top, Procomp 7069's,Poly Performance leveling spacers
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, PSC Evap Skid, CB, Hi-Lift

post #8 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG426 View Post
Maybe the Jeep brand got it if CR surveyed current owners. I have responded to JD Powers' surveys for my JK and since it is my most faviorite vehicle I ever owned, I gave it 10 out or 10 on everything. Ride quality - 10, Handling - 10, interior comfort - 10, reliability - 10....etc.

It is a Jeep afterall and it excells at what it is supposed to - loud, harsh, rough ride, water leaks, break it-fix it reliability, cold in the winter-hot in the summer but can take on just about any off-road obstacle....all the things that make it a Jeep.
I hope you're kidding.

2007 Rubi Unlimited. Teraflex 2.5 lift + Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35s on XD Addicts, 5.38s, Ten Factory rear shafts, Riddler diff covers, Purejeep front axle truss and Teraflex gussets, Tatton front driveline, Rugged Ridge Modular front bumper with XRC8 Comp winch, Superchips programmer, Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Body Armor "not so Extreme" Rock Rails, in-cab winch control,Best Top Trek Top.-Sold
post #9 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

You seem to be in the minority. I have owned 4 jeeps, and all of them had lots of quality issues, my JK being the worst of all. But thats not the bad part; the bad part is getting the dealerships to deal with those issues. Chrysler Customer service is LEGENDARY for being the worst of the worst.

Almost all Jeepers know this going in, "its a Jeep thing". You are buying the most capable off-road platform you can drive off the lot today, knowing full well that you are going to get crappy service for things that WILL break and you will have to fix or upgrade yourself. Many of us plan to upgrade everything anyway, so actually look forward to breaking weak shit.

Its like marrying a crazy bitch; Best sex ever, but you are always broke and wondering whats going to happen next.
post #10 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 09:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

Ride quality 10?
Handling 10?
Comfort 10?

...Compared to what? A Radio Flyer Wagon?

No, leaks are not supposed to happen on a $30,000+ brand new vehicle. That is not acceptable. It's allowed for by owners that can look past it for the other benefits.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #11 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider View Post
I hope you're kidding.
nope, not kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
You seem to be in the minority. I have owned 4 jeeps, and all of them had lots of quality issues, my JK being the worst of all. But thats not the bad part; the bad part is getting the dealerships to deal with those issues. Chrysler Customer service is LEGENDARY for being the worst of the worst.

Almost all Jeepers know this going in, "its a Jeep thing". You are buying the most capable off-road platform you can drive off the lot today, knowing full well that you are going to get crappy service for things that WILL break and you will have to fix or upgrade yourself. Many of us plan to upgrade everything anyway, so actually look forward to breaking weak shit.

Its like marrying a crazy bitch; Best sex ever, but you are always broke and wondering whats going to happen next.
haha! I totally hear ya... except for a front axle seal leaking (and replaced under warranty) I have had pretty good luck with my JK...guessing they were sober in the factory that day. The dealer experience has been great so far but I have not done any major mods, I am waiting for the powertrain warranty to expire then I will lift, regear, strengthen the axles and get bigger tires then wrench everything myself. I do go off-road regularly but I do not rock crawl or go in deep mud (at least not on purpose). That being said - I cant wait to start the real mods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Ride quality 10?
Handling 10?
Comfort 10?

...Compared to what? A Radio Flyer Wagon?

No, leaks are not supposed to happen on a $30,000+ brand new vehicle. That is not acceptable. It's allowed for by owners that can look past it for the other benefits.
10's knowing that JK's (and Wranglers in general) are supposed to ride and handle like they do, not necessarily compared to other vehicles. Believe it or not I traded in a fully loaded 2000 Lincoln Navigator for my JKu Sport with manual locks, windows etc. I was tired of fixing all the electronic accessories, air-ride suspension, power seat malfunctions etc that come with a Fix Or Repair Daily and I've been a Ford guy most of my life. I still like Fords but I love my Jeep.

Tom

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
ORH soft top, Procomp 7069's,Poly Performance leveling spacers
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, PSC Evap Skid, CB, Hi-Lift

post #12 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Granite Guru

I read a little more on their website and found this!

It's the Patriot and other vehicles in jeep's line that are raising their reliability rating, NOT the Wrangler.

Check this article out.

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars...-by-brand.html

According to that, the 4-Door Wrangler is Jeep's least reliable vehicle offered.

-Brett
---------------------------------------------
My Jeep: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 6-Spd Manual, Cosmos Blue
"The Smurf":

Previous Jeeps:

post #13 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Granite Guru

I have a 2011 JKU 25000 miles and have had ZERO issues. I am pretty picky so I do not just overlook things. it is slightly modded and I do offroad it.

Steve Lovell

It is a JEEP THING!!!!
post #14 of 24 Old 10-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Rock God

Well this is funny. I'd like to hear the actual #s of people that have trouble. We may just be lucky, but we have 3 JKs an 07, 08, and 09 with no major issues. Couple small things cracked manifold on one, blistering paint on hinges and cracked tire carrier all of which was covered by warranty without issue. No roof leaks or burping gas tanks.
If you are having issues getting things fixed under warranty, it's your dealer not Chrysler. I have yet to have an issue with my dealer in the last 20+ years. I suggest it may be time for you look for a new dealer.

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
post #15 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtphoto JK View Post
I have yet to have an issue with my dealer in the last 20+ years. I suggest it may be time for you look for a new dealer.
I suggest it may be time for you to send your dealer some flowers or something, because you got one of the few good ones.

My Jeep has been behaving lately (which I've just jinxed by saying that), but it was a REAL problem child in the beginning, and the "customer service" I got was appauling. Switched dealers and got basically the same result.

I'm not hard to please, just fix what's under warranty and don't give me the run-around, is that so much to ask?

2009 X 2-door 6-speed
post #16 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKO2U2 View Post
I have a 2011 JKU 25000 miles and have had ZERO issues. I am pretty picky so I do not just overlook things. it is slightly modded and I do offroad it.
Same here with me. I have a 2009 with 27,000 miles with about 35% spent off road. I have had no issues at all that was not my fault. Only warranty items so far was the battery and then the two recall items. My experience with Jeep service has been a 9 out of 10 . . . So far.

DRIVEN1
2009 Rubicon Unlimited
Teraflex 3" Suspension System with Flex Arms
Teraflex RockGuard Epic Front Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Outback Rear Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Spare Tire Carrier
LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders
XD Series Addict 17" Rims
35" BFG KM2 Mud Terrain Tires
J.E. Reel Front and Rear Drive Shafts
Poison Spyder "Special Edition" Bombshell Diff Covers & Evap Can Skid
3M Clear Bra and 80% Window Tint
JEEP PICS:
post #17 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Rock God

Garage

What is their definition of reliability? To me a reliable vehicle is one that starts up ever time and gets me to where I am going.
post #18 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtphoto JK View Post
I have yet to have an issue with my dealer in the last 20+ years. I suggest it may be time for you look for a new dealer.
I suggest you count your blessings. Your dealer is the proverbial "needle in the haystack".

If I were to take my Jeeps to a GOOD Chrysler dealer for service, I would have to drive almost 9 hours to Arizona. It got REALLY bad when most of the dedicated "Jeep only" dealerships were closed and Jeep sales and service was moved to the big Chrysler dealerships. And outside of dealerships, have you ever dealt with corporate Chrysler? I have, and nearly ended up in court before they came to their senses. Horrible customer service from the top down with little oversight of the image they have earned from their dealers. Have you ever been to a Toyota Dealership? Toyota finds the time to prompty address the concerns of ALL dissatisfied customers ASAP and will not tollerate a dealership that gives them a bad reputation. I was really hoping that another company would buy the Jeep brand a few years ago when they were trying to sell it.

I would be careful about keeping peoples expectations of customer service high, because the vast majority of owners are not going to have the wonderful experience you are lucky to enjoy.
post #19 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Granite Guru

Being in the military I have been in many parts of the nation with my JKs, all over. And sadly I have had to do business with dealerships all over as well. I can say wholeheartedly that I have never found a dealership that I can trust or even just feel confident that they will do the job they're supposed to.

EVERY single time I wanted to do warranty work, it has been a MAJOR uphill battle between denial there is a problem, to denial it's covered, to denial that they can even fix it even though they admit it's a problem. The outright blatant shitty customer service would turn me away from the brand in a HEARTBEAT if I didn't love the vehicle so much. It's a good thing I like the vehicle, because I fucking HATE the company.

Best service I ever had? I needed something fixed under warranty ASAP, the Jeep dealership was booked and couldn't get to me. So I called a "Dodge Only" dealership and they said they could still do warranty work on my Jeep. I know they are the same company but this dealership only sold Dodge and man they took AWESOME care of me.

They were polite, courteous, got the job done, returned the vehicle, and I think they even kissed me on the cheek. I know it's the same company, but seriously the only time I had good service was at a "Dodge Only" Dealership.

-Brett
"The Smurf":

Previous Jeeps:

post #20 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Rock God

I have a dealership back home that has always been fantastic to me. I've also been there quite a few times for warranty work and general service (the stuff I can't do on my own). I took my Jeep in for a busted cat (which I had damaged offroading and it worked itself apart a couple of weeks later). They asked "have you taken it offroad" while looking at the thin film of clay covering sections of the engine compartment. I said no, they said good enough for me, and replaced it under warranty. They even helped me fix my leaking half doors for free. Even called up corporate to get some help with it.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #21 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettDez View Post
EVERY single time I wanted to do warranty work, it has been a MAJOR uphill battle between denial there is a problem, to denial it's covered, to denial that they can even fix it even though they admit it's a problem. The outright blatant shitty customer service would turn me away from the brand in a HEARTBEAT if I didn't love the vehicle so much. It's a good thing I like the vehicle, because I fucking HATE the company.
Maybe you're just an asshole

...just kidding , that sums up my Jeep warranty service experience pretty well, actually.

2009 X 2-door 6-speed
post #22 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
Maybe you're just an asshole

...just kidding , that sums up my Jeep warranty service experience pretty well, actually.
lol, I can be an asshole. But I am never an asshole to someone working on my Baby(the Jeep). However, I'd be a liar if I didn't say they acted like assholes for no reason.

-Brett
"The Smurf":

Previous Jeeps:

post #23 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 02:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Jeez, those of you that haven't had problems....count your lucky stars. You are a few in a million. I'm shocked ANY of you exist.

My '09 has been a pool of stool, I could bore you to death with the massive list of warranty items that have been replaced on that thing. This year - 2011 - I didn't have to take it into the dealership at all....because half the Jeep was replaced during the first two years.

And the service departments....I've had everything happen from being lied to my face, to them actually damaging other parts of the Heep while replacing broken shit.

I love my Jeep but they're lucky they are the only game in town for this type of vehicle, or I would have jumped ship long ago.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #24 of 24 Old 10-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Rock God

Compared to my 02 TJ which I also bought new, the jk has been awesome. No problems and it goes in on schedule for any maintenance required. The TJ was constantly in the shop for basically every part that could break. I actually bought my first Toyota while my TJ was in the shop, wheeled it and realized it was better in every way and sold the TJ to my dad and drove 80s models yota 4x4s for a long time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode