What a crappy two days. I've been on this forum for almost a year and Sunday I:
1) Went wheeling alone in a stock Rubi to the Pearl River Wildlife Management Area in Mississippi.
2) Went through some mud to get to a back road, finally made it across but decided I didn't need to do that again out of sight of other human traffic.
3) Backed out, went sideways as much as backward but made it. Did I mention that a good bit of mud gets in the cab while making sideways progress!
4) Breathed a huge sigh of relief and shifted back into 2 wheel drive.
5) Transfer case handle was loose as a watermelon fart.
6) Transmission would shift but not out of neutral.
7) Kids came by and chewed my ass out for getting a COD Jeep muddy.
8) Burned the fuck out of my arm on the exhaust pipe trying to reach the TC linkage, oh did I mention, no tools!
9) Waited an hour for a wrecker to drive 37 miles.
10) Waited two days for my Jeep thinking the stealership was going to say I screwed up the TC or transmission or both.
The good news:
1) Dealership fixed the linkage with the 82 cent clip you guys talk about all the time.
2} The Jeep was caked with mud but they fixed it under warranty.
3) They took so long because they reflashed my Nav for updates and completed recall #L35, PCM flash for O2 sensor and EGR monitor.
I think I'm going to invest in the Advanced Adapter cable. I need to pay more attention to what you guys are saying than looking at the Trailer Park!