What to buy for my JKU sport? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

What to buy for my JKU sport?

OK, here is my issue and I like it! I have 2,000.00 to spend and I don't know what will be the best for my money?? I have a 2010 JKU sport with a BB lift.
It has done great for everything I have done so far. but it is a jeep and I can't leave it alone.
Like when my mother said I would get hairy palm if I don't quite playing with it and look at me now I never have to buy glove again Lol

1. Selectable lockers front and rear

2. Half doors w/windows and box lockers front and rear

3. Upgraded lift kit from my daystar puck lift

4. Upgrade to a d44 in the front and strengthen the front end

I will be doing all of these in the future but It will be a while before I have this kind of money again.

What should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 06:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

what kinda tires do you have? because 2k can get you a nice lift and then throw some more and get 35's or 37's!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #3 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 06:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Same as previous post. What tires are you running?

Depending on that you may consider tire and lift upgrade.

If you are considering upgrading the front axle, then you aught to do lockers at the same time.

Depending on what you are running now, maybe re-gearing.

$2000 can also go a long way on starting (some combination of) armor, bumpers, winch, recovery gear.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUnlimitedSport_2010 View Post
what kinda tires do you have? because 2k can get you a nice lift and then throw some more and get 35's or 37's!
This.

Best Two Guy's in the Buisness!
Jason at KOR

Marcus at RCO

Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
post #5 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
This as well... again...

The BB lift will only get you so far and it looks like you are wanting to do some nice things to you JKU. The lift is a great starting point!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #6 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 08:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I through a 3.5" lift and 37's on mine... Now I wanna get more flex and I am getting an rk lift but you'll see what possibilities you have! And $2k is a lot when you think about it! And if you can do the work yourself then you save the install money and can buy more!!! Haha

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.109519,-80.675507
Sent via horse and buggy

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #7 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I am running a 3" daystar lift with a 1" daystar body lift on 35X17 DC's. I have a more engine skid and a evo evap skid. I have regeared 5:13, chipped exhaust, air, front and read bumpers, rock rails and ect...

I would love to run 37's in the future and more flex. The doors are for weight because this thing is a pig in the sand and it is easier to see rock crawling.

Lockers would be nice because I push it on some rough spots crawling. I have learned to use my brakes very well but I worry one time it want be enough.

what to do? what to do?
post #8 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Here is a picture of my baby

Last edited by UncleB; 01-18-2012 at 12:50 PM.
post #9 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow I was picturing something different!!! Now it makes your choices a little different!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.109916,-80.674995
Sent via horse and buggy

-Marc

Coming up:
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #10 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Wow I was picturing something different!!! Now it makes your choices a little different!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.109916,-80.674995
Sent via horse and buggy
definitely!! was not imagining that at all.

well if you're already at 35's i wouldn't do a locker in the front as you'd probably end up needing to upgrade that axle. so if it were me i would either upgrade the front axle or else upgrade your suspension and maybe throw in a rear locker. both of those things fit your budget pretty well.

Teraflex - Poly Performance - Poison Spyder - Off Road Hero's - Rugged Ridge - Superchips - Goodyear - aFe
post #11 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwang View Post

well if you're already at 35's i wouldn't do a locker in the front as you'd probably end up needing to upgrade that axle. so if it were me i would either upgrade the front axle or else upgrade your suspension and maybe throw in a rear locker. both of those things fit your budget pretty well.
Locker can be harder on u joints, however the power is split more evenly between the axles. Wheel spin (major cause of failure) is reduced. I wouldn't say it's flat out going to promote failure.

Sent via paper airplane

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #12 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Anymore thoughts?
post #13 of 28 Old 10-24-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I was also thinking a poison spyder cage??

Last edited by UncleB; 10-24-2011 at 03:55 PM.
post #14 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 05:07 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleB View Post
I was also thinking a poison spyder cage??
The Cage is often over looked and is a great added safty feature! BUT, if you were going to do this, now is the time. PSC has the free shipping on them that they or any vendor could help you get setup with!

-Jason

:

post #15 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 05:47 AM
Rock God

Go for gears, usually the last thing most people buy when it should be the first.
Only thing is it requires you to do some prior planning on where you want to be when your done
post #16 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
The Cage is often over looked and is a great added safty feature! BUT, if you were going to do this, now is the time. PSC has the free shipping on them that they or any vendor could help you get setup with!

-Jason
Yes, I agree.... I ride with my wife, two kids and a dog. I have always worried about a roll over. They know what to do but I am still scared for there safty. I have seen picture of stock roll overs and do not like what I see without a cage.
post #17 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
Go for gears, usually the last thing most people buy when it should be the first.
Only thing is it requires you to do some prior planning on where you want to be when your done
I have already installed new 5:13 gears. which is why I am thinking box lockers or wait till something gives and install everything new? I really should have installed lockers and gears at the same time but the money was not there and a really needed gears. My transmission was taking a beating with stock 3:73 and 35's.
post #18 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 06:09 AM
JKowners Vendor

Sounds like you could do the cage and then still have enough for a decent coil lift! That way, you could nock out two things at once! Plus, you know how you would feel if something were to happen on the trail and you didnt have the added support of the cage...

-Jason

:

post #19 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 06:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Buy some Rubicon stickers
post #20 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 06:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I agree with Jason. I would invest the money in a cage and Rock Krawler lift. You might go a bit over budget depending on what you do, but it's a wise investment.

Another option would be cage and driveshafts, or lift and driveshafts.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #21 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Buy some Rubicon stickers
I will stick with my MONEY PIT stickers
post #22 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
I agree with Jason. I would invest the money in a cage and Rock Krawler lift. You might go a bit over budget depending on what you do, but it's a wise investment.

Another option would be cage and driveshafts, or lift and driveshafts.
I am looking at Rock Krawler for my lift kit for sure A drive shaft would not be a bad idea. My stock one is starting to leak anyways.
post #23 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 06:31 AM
JKowners Vendor

What size lift are you looking to go with? You might still have some quality life left in your driveshaft now. BUT, if your going to go with a 3.5" or higher lift, then yeah look at the driveshaft.

-Jason

:

post #24 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
What size lift are you looking to go with? You might still have some quality life left in your driveshaft now. BUT, if your going to go with a 3.5" or higher lift, then yeah look at the driveshaft.

-Jason
I am running 3 now. so I am looking at the 3.5 RK lift with arms and bil. shocks. I also just did a daystar body lift. so I am thinking a shaft is a forsure?
post #25 of 28 Old 10-25-2011, 07:17 AM
JKowners Vendor

Okay yes. I didnt know that you were lifted that high! So, how about a cage, and driveshafts? If you roll your JK you would want the cage and if you brake a shaft on the trail, you would want to make it home!

-Jason

:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode