Ordering From Quadratec? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
MMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wentzville MO
Posts: 216
Feedback: 1 reviews
Ordering From Quadratec?

Trying to order an air compressor this evening, its not one of the onboard air, but one of the smaller Smittybuilt ones, mostly for airing back up and those other times I just need to add a little air.

I go to the shopping cart, select checkout, enter in my info, select that I am using gift certificates, and put in the credit card number. Ok.. so far so good, select next step, verify the GCs I put in and amount, there are 2, each worth $50.00. Click the next button, takes me to my total order, but says its charging 56.xx to my credit card.

WAIT, the compressor is only $89.99, shipping around $17.00 (which is a bit much), for a total of $106.99 then subtract the 2 gift certificates, it should only charge about $7.00? Whats going on?? Oh wait, it says it only used $50.00 of the 2 gift certificates!!

Has anyone else had issues like this?

Some say I have A.D.D but, Oh look.. a chicken!!
MMoore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 Old 10-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Official Monkey Business
 
TEXASKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Denton Tejas
Posts: 12,215
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I have had good experiences and bad experiences over the years. The site is so large that I find it clunky to use.

I have been much happier now that I use River City Offroad (supporting JKO vendor). The level of service is crazy good and you can call and actually talk to the owner of the company.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 10-23-2011 at 08:40 PM.
TEXASKEV is offline  
post #3 of 19 Old 10-23-2011, 08:59 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend
 
RiverCityOffroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 8,649
Garage
Feedback: 60 reviews

Thanks for the support Kevin!

MMoore - If you call Quadratec and tell them that you are a member here they will probably give you free shipping and take those gift certificates without any hassles.

Websites are a pain in everyone's rear, especially those of us operating the back side. LOL!

Give them a call tomorrow morning and see if they can get you fixed up! Maybe the trouble you had that led you to post here will actually save you some money in the end.

Marcus


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RiverCityOffroad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 Old 10-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Rock God
 
raven0319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Whitehall, PA
Age: 46
Posts: 1,378
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

That's why I like JKO...... vendors standing up for other vendors..... to you Marcus!
raven0319 is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old 10-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 864
Feedback: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Thanks for the support Kevin!

MMoore - If you call Quadratec and tell them that you are a member here they will probably give you free shipping and take those gift certificates without any hassles.

Websites are a pain in everyone's rear, especially those of us operating the back side. LOL!

Give them a call tomorrow morning and see if they can get you fixed up! Maybe the trouble you had that led you to post here will actually save you some money in the end.

Marcus
x2... Give Quadratec a call & mention you are a member. I use Quadratec & they always hook me up. Quadratec also price matches FYI.
XXXXXXXXXX4LCKD10RUBIUNLTD is offline  
post #6 of 19 Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 AM
JKowners Vendor
 
Quadratec, Inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Chester, PA.
Age: 29
Posts: 199
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoore View Post
Trying to order an air compressor this evening, its not one of the onboard air, but one of the smaller Smittybuilt ones, mostly for airing back up and those other times I just need to add a little air.

I go to the shopping cart, select checkout, enter in my info, select that I am using gift certificates, and put in the credit card number. Ok.. so far so good, select next step, verify the GCs I put in and amount, there are 2, each worth $50.00. Click the next button, takes me to my total order, but says its charging 56.xx to my credit card.

WAIT, the compressor is only $89.99, shipping around $17.00 (which is a bit much), for a total of $106.99 then subtract the 2 gift certificates, it should only charge about $7.00? Whats going on?? Oh wait, it says it only used $50.00 of the 2 gift certificates!!

Has anyone else had issues like this?
I apologize about the issue on the website. Occasionally I run across this problem with our customers, but I'm not too sure exactly why it happens. Please send me over your account info, I'll get everything squared away and both certificates properly applied to the order.

-Joe


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


We Price Match -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
us for a quote!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quadratec, Inc. is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old 10-24-2011, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
MMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wentzville MO
Posts: 216
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec, Inc. View Post
I apologize about the issue on the website. Occasionally I run across this problem with our customers, but I'm not too sure exactly why it happens. Please send me over your account info, I'll get everything squared away and both certificates properly applied to the order.

-Joe
PM sent!!

thanks!!

Michael

Some say I have A.D.D but, Oh look.. a chicken!!
MMoore is offline  
post #8 of 19 Old 10-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Rock God
 
Sludge Puppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Bay
Age: 40
Posts: 1,486
Feedback: 0 reviews

I stopped ordering from Quadratec as the shipping was insane and getting annoying. Good to know that they have free shipping, and price match for members here. I will keep that in mind for future
Sludge Puppy is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 864
Feedback: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec, Inc. View Post
I apologize about the issue on the website. Occasionally I run across this problem with our customers, but I'm not too sure exactly why it happens. Please send me over your account info, I'll get everything squared away and both certificates properly applied to the order.

-Joe
x2 Joe is an awesome guy. Replaced my Rugged Ridge winch that decide to die on me when I needed it... Awesome customer service & quick to resolve the issue. Joe.
XXXXXXXXXX4LCKD10RUBIUNLTD is offline  
post #10 of 19 Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Rock God
 
TheBlackSheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Licking County, OH
Age: 39
Posts: 729
Feedback: 0 reviews

Ive always gotten my stuff super fast and at a decent price (i shop around) from Quadratec. Just my 2c.

O||||O
TheBlackSheep is offline  
post #11 of 19 Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Age: 37
Posts: 19
Feedback: 0 reviews

They are not the cheapest for shipping yes it's true. I still order from them cause I get my stuff fast and i am impatient when i order parts. Also the Customer Service Reps have been polite and helpful everytime I have called.

Only one or two things bother me about how they run their operation.

1. If something is backordered for gods sake list it on your site. I hate ordering something then finding out its back ordered when i check my order status and then calling and cancelling cause i dont want to wait weeks and weeks on my item. If they would list it on the site I could avoid this hassle.

2. Drop shipped items. I suppose this is more on the supplier than it is on Quadratec but here is my example. I ordered a hanson tire carrier. Ten days after I ordered I called Hanson. They refused to tell me anything flat out refused and said call Quadratec. So i call Quadratec and what do they do? They call Hanson! So we end up going full circle and Hanson tells Quadratec by the time my order ships it will be 16 days after my order date. This should at least be listed on the item so i dont need to treasure hunt my way into accurate info on the timeline of my parts. It would be nice for Qtec to stock a few of these items instead of drop shipping them.
Redleg22 is offline  
post #12 of 19 Old 11-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Rock God
 
josh_jacklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TORNADO STRUCK-JOPLIN MO
Age: 33
Posts: 931
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

just went thru the same problems that you had this past week. and all i was ordering was a damn cup holder for my xj!!! took 3 different orders but finally got it done or i think i did. says that it has shipped out but didn't give me an estimated arrival date.. this isn't the first time i've had problems with quadratec and thats why i do most of my shopping with the big RCO...

2011 MANGO TANGO sahara jku....bone stock.
r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

CALL MARCUS.. NUFF' SAID..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
josh_jacklyn is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 AM
JKowners Vendor
 
Quadratec, Inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Chester, PA.
Age: 29
Posts: 199
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg22 View Post
They are not the cheapest for shipping yes it's true. I still order from them cause I get my stuff fast and i am impatient when i order parts. Also the Customer Service Reps have been polite and helpful everytime I have called.

Only one or two things bother me about how they run their operation.

1. If something is backordered for gods sake list it on your site. I hate ordering something then finding out its back ordered when i check my order status and then calling and cancelling cause i dont want to wait weeks and weeks on my item. If they would list it on the site I could avoid this hassle.

2. Drop shipped items. I suppose this is more on the supplier than it is on Quadratec but here is my example. I ordered a hanson tire carrier. Ten days after I ordered I called Hanson. They refused to tell me anything flat out refused and said call Quadratec. So i call Quadratec and what do they do? They call Hanson! So we end up going full circle and Hanson tells Quadratec by the time my order ships it will be 16 days after my order date. This should at least be listed on the item so i dont need to treasure hunt my way into accurate info on the timeline of my parts. It would be nice for Qtec to stock a few of these items instead of drop shipping them.
We are working on a new website design to incorporate inventory status on the website. It is not as easy as it sounds to do, especially with the type of computer software we use. All hanson products are drop shipped only, they will not allow stocking orders since they make every bumper per order. Some manufacturer's are like this, while the majority of others will ship us inventory. Every item that we are able to warehouse, we do!

-Joe


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


We Price Match -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
us for a quote!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quadratec, Inc. is offline  
post #14 of 19 Old 11-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Rock God
 
UGET IT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Folsom Ca.
Posts: 752
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quadratec will make it right as seen above! Good all around post!

Method Motorsports


Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UGET IT is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old 11-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Coonasian
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Covington, LA USA
Age: 72
Posts: 1,835
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Joe, helped me and gave me a good deal too. It is a big and bulky company but they will help when asked! They are a supporting vendor too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Charlie is offline  
post #16 of 19 Old 11-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Newbie
 
LazyJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern,VA
Posts: 3
Feedback: 0 reviews

Never had a problem with quadratec. Will use them as long as I have a jeep.
LazyJK is offline  
post #17 of 19 Old 11-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Granite Guru
 
616fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 436
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec, Inc. View Post
I apologize about the issue on the website. Occasionally I run across this problem with our customers, but I'm not too sure exactly why it happens. Please send me over your account info, I'll get everything squared away and both certificates properly applied to the order.

-Joe
I've bought from Joe more than a few times and every time, big or small, he waived my shipping. He also price matched (actually beat by a few bucks) the lift kit I wanted.
616fun is offline  
post #18 of 19 Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
MMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wentzville MO
Posts: 216
Feedback: 1 reviews

I sent a PM to Joe, but should have posted here also!

He was a great help in getting the order completed and shipped.. I recieved it a couple of days after it was ordered!!!! Good thing too, I had to use it almost immediatly on my sons truck tire!!

Thanks again Joe!!!!

Some say I have A.D.D but, Oh look.. a chicken!!
MMoore is offline  
post #19 of 19 Old 12-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Granite Guru
 
KINGSIZE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 123
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec, Inc. View Post
All hanson products are drop shipped only, they will not allow stocking orders since they make every bumper per order. Some manufacturer's are like this, while the majority of others will ship us inventory. Every item that we are able to warehouse, we do!

-Joe

Hi Joe,

My name is Robert King and I work for Hanson Offroad. I'd like to correct your above statement……

Hanson Offroad has several distributors around the country that stock our product. We have offered this option to your company many times over. Obviously, this would greatly improve order lead times and Quadratec’s ability to serve “our” mutual customers in a more timely fashion. Don’t try to make us look like the problem here. We not only stock our standard models that are listed on your website, we, because we are an American Made Product in our factory here in central California, can make special order upgrades to any of our front or rear bumpers on a “per order” basis.

Hopefully, this clears up any confusion.

Respectfully,
Robert King
Sales & Marketing
Hanson Offroad
[email protected]

It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.
KINGSIZE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome