NEED HELP ON NEW WRANGLER UNLIMITED - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-23-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

NEED HELP ON NEW WRANGLER UNLIMITED

Hi I bought a new wrangler and am looking to modify it.
I am new to this so any advice is welcome.

Currently I plan on getting
v tech raptor rims in a 17
Wrangler Duratracs hopefully in a 305
teraflex 2.5 inch lift
Wild Boar fastback hardtop

And I would like to get fender flares to match the paint. I called the jeep dealership and you can't order them unless you get them painted
plus they are the gay ones.

So if anyone has advice on tires, wheels, lift or flares it would be greatly appreciated

Ill post a pic of what I had in mind

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-23-2011, 06:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

What are your plans for your Jeep?

Last edited by 4x4x4; 10-23-2011 at 08:29 PM.
post #3 of 15 Old 10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
JKowners Vendor

Sounds like your on the right track. With that lift, I would opt for the one that came with the Shocks...

http://www.krawloff-road.com/store/i...product_id=320

Also, the DuraTracs are starting to get hard to find. They are very popular though. I would take a look at the Falken Wild Peaks. They seem to hold there own with the DuraTracs and are cheaper too!

For fenders, are you looking for fenders like that are on the JEEP you have pictured? Those are the Bushwackers. Most guys with JKs run flat fenders though but that is a personal opinion.

If we can help, please let us know!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-23-2011, 07:35 PM

fender flares....who knew?
post #5 of 15 Old 10-23-2011, 07:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome to JKO....

Lots of good information here.....

Weed thru the bullshit and buy what you like........ Sounds like you got a good idea of what you want

The Project is moving forward.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Can you paint the Bushwacker fenders? Also I would prefer to find a lift I can put on myself. I am a girl but have some mechanical skills and a few tools so any advice on a lift I can put on myself would be great. Someone said I should look at the rubicon express. Should I go Rubicon or teraflex?
Also thanks for the advice on tires I am having a hard time finding sizes and a decent price. I was also told maybe to go with 16" rims, any advice there ?
post #7 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome I am excited to finally have a wrangler again !!
post #8 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

This is what she looks like now

This is what she looks like but I like the above picture for a top and fender flares.
Attached Images

post #9 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Rock God

You can paint the Bushwackers no problem. The pocket style Bushwackers are what are on the Wild Boar Jeep.

As far as lift, I would go with Teraflex over RE. You get more tire size options with 17" rims versus 16"... at least tires that are actually available from what I've seen. 16" do run a bit cheaper though if you can find the size you want.

Nice Jeep. Looking forward to seeing it built.
post #10 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
JKowners Vendor

I agree with Chris. Go with the TeraFlex over the RE any day...

The TeraFlex lift can be put on without a shop. You can do it in the driveway with some basic tools but a air compressor would be nice. But, it is still very doable...

The only disadvantage to going with the 16's over the 17's is that there is a lot less to choose from in the tires. BUT, if you have your heart set on the DuraTracs, it may come down to what you can find in stock with those.

Yes, you can paint the bushwacker flares but keep in mind, that will be money lost if you wheel hard and get those fenders in the trees or rocks.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM, email, or call us at anytime! We would be more than happy to go over some things with you and help point you in the right direction. Oh, and remember this is YOUR build. You have to drive it so build it the way you want to! Dont worry about what anyone else says. Welcome to JKO!

-Jason

:

post #11 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Chris and Jason-
Thank you !! This is the most useful information I have seen. Many of the other posts were just chit chat. This really helps thank you !!! Teraflex it is , what is the difference between the basic and budget lift kits ? Besides price . Any other suggestions for tires ? I need some that have a higher mileage rating preferably. I will probably get the bushwackers and paint them and save my stock ones as well. I did see the Xenon flares can be painted as well.
Advice greatly appreciated !!
-Erin
post #12 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 03:23 PM
JKowners Vendor

Erin,

No problem! That is what we are here for!

So, TeraFlex it is... The difference in the 2.5" kits is one is a Budget Boost and one is a coil lift. The BB lift is just a spacer that goes on top of your stock springs and all it does is add height. The coil lift replaces the stock springs and offers a upgrade in the performace side of the kit. In the long run, that one will work out better for you! Here it the link to that kit on our site:

http://www.krawloff-road.com/store/i...product_id=320

It will come with everything you need to get started including the shocks!

For tires, take a look at the Falken Wild Peaks. They would give the DuraTracs a run for there money and they also come with a milage warranty! Something that sounds like would be a plus for you!

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know. Feel free to PM, email, or call at any time! Oh, and the TF kits on our site have free shipping!

-Jason

:

post #13 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Rock God

what sort of off roading do you plan on doing? That will really determine what kind of lift/sizelift/tires and so forth that you might want. Seeing the first picture with the all white jeep, I would have to say mostly trails and such. No hard core rock crawling? The Tereflex 2,5 budget boost should do you fine. I ran that one on my 2 dr with 35" tires. It was inexpensive, gave a stock ride on the street, and did fine for light to moderate wheeling. And welcome to JKO.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #14 of 15 Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Wheeler

go for the 2.5 Tereflex coil lift. Im running it now with no problems. My son and I put
it on in a day a year ago with no problems yet. Since I got it from a fellow jeeper new
in the box i didnt get the shocks so i put some four shocks from a rubicon on. Rides
great. only problem i got now is my JKS quick discos. My driveway has a slant to it
and one disco is longer than the other. If i can find level ground think I can straighten
that out. That is not a lift problem though. Im running BFG MT 35s with the lift.
Good luck

Flame red JK 08
Hard Top/Soft top
Sahara Side Steps
Maglite Mod on drivers seat
Jeep entry guards
Front tow hooks
Drilled mirrors
Outlaw mirrors for doors off running
KC Slimlites Longrange windshield mounted
Husky floor mats (front)
K&N drop in air filter
Trek Armor seat covers Black on Black
8" shorty antenna
Cobra 75WX ST with 48" Firestick
Gibson exhaust
Cooper Discoverer STT 35's
PROCOMP Extreme 7189 wheels
Tereflex 2.5" coil lift
JKS Quick Discos
post #15 of 15 Old 10-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Rock God

Yo, this chicks badass

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode