LoD has stiffed me on my lower skid plate - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Angry LoD has stiffed me on my lower skid plate

LoD has stiffed me on my lower skid plate for my Mid-With front bumper for month now. I call and it's on its way Right! So today I am calling them one more time if nothing good comes from this I will turn it over to the better business group and see what happens.

The sad part I bought it because it is from Indiana just north of me, I live southern Indiana. Just thought everybody should know. Maybe I will eat my words and it will be at home when I get there tonight.

2012 WHITE 4-Door ALL WHITE RUBICON Wife
2012 WHITE 4- Door Not all White RUBITRUCK Mine not a done deal!
2007 Silver 2- Door RUBICON Son
2007 White CCSB Duramax 4x4 BUILT For Play
Harnessing the Power of Technology for the Warfighter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Rock God

I've heard there stuff takes forever.
Maybe they didn't stiff u and this is how long it takes?
Good luck

EX-Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew

Find us at www.disconnectedoffroad.com
post #3 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 06:09 AM
Granite Guru

I waited forever for my rear bumper also. But I knew that about them going in. But it was well worth the wait when it was all said and done.

2012 JKU Rubicon/Auto/4:10's/3 inch teraflex with 4 flex arms/ bilstein 5100 shocks/extended brake lines/35-12.50-17 Nitto Trail Grapplers w/ 1.5" spacers/ARB front bumper/LoD rear bumper/2 130 watt KC driving lights -2 130 watt KC spot's/ Warn 9.5Ti winch/ Arb diff covers,/JKS front track bar/Coast front drive shaft/ACE rock rails/ EVO ProTek skids (in red)/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 06:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JK View Post
LoD has stiffed me on my lower skid plate for my Mid-With front bumper for month now. I call and it's on its way Right! So today I am calling them one more time if nothing good comes from this I will turn it over to the better business group and see what happens.

The sad part I bought it because it is from Indiana just north of me, I live southern Indiana. Just thought everybody should know. Maybe I will eat my words and it will be at home when I get there tonight.
I am very happy with my LoD rear bumper. But, I did wait until a vendor had them in stock before ordering it. LoD does take a while to make their parts. But they are worth it, IMO.

If they said "Its on its way", that can mean a number of things.
The order has been processed, and they will start making the part.
They have it in stock, and it will ship out soon.
The part is shipping out today, and will take a couple of days to get to you. If they meant this last one, they should have been able to give you a tracking number.
When you call, ask what the exact status of your order is. If they can't give you a tracking number, then it hasn't shipped. Find out why it hasn't. Get a definitive answer, such as "It will be completed on Thursday, and ship out on Friday". If they give you a tracking number, go online and find out where it is. Could be lost in the back of a FedEx truck somewhere.

Either way, get more of an answer than "Its on its way".

AMP

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #5 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I hope it is on the way. My CC was allready charged and paided this is not good.

2012 WHITE 4-Door ALL WHITE RUBICON Wife
2012 WHITE 4- Door Not all White RUBITRUCK Mine not a done deal!
2007 Silver 2- Door RUBICON Son
2007 White CCSB Duramax 4x4 BUILT For Play
Harnessing the Power of Technology for the Warfighter
post #6 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Banned

Have you called them to get an update?
post #7 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 08:09 AM
JKO Addict!

The Better Business Bureau is a scam and will not do anything to help you. Who can I report them to?

You probabkly have the ability to dispute the charge with your credit card company and have the charge reversed if it get's to that point.
post #8 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Rock God

BBB is a joke that extorts businesses. Won't help. I bet you will get ur shiz. Sounds like other people have waited a while too. Are they a small company? Maybe they make everything to order and dont stock it to keep inventory prices down.

O||||O
post #9 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Rock God

They're good guys and make a great product. If you want to shoot me a PM with your information and I'll give them a call for you.
post #10 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Going out of business, one customer at a time, huh? Great business plan! These guys have had a bad fulfillment and customer service rep for quite a while now, nice looking stuff but they have too many quality competitors.
post #11 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Rock God

They have a hugely popular product, but have the problem of a lot of people wanting it, but not being able to keep up with demand. It's been seen in this industry many times and usually with not good end results.

Why do I think LOD is different and doesn't fall into that category?

I contacted the owner of the company about carrying their products several months back. Geographically, they are very close to us and I've seen their products in person while wheeling with friends or hosting events. Explained who we are, what we do, told about our retail/installation location and our online sales. We came up with a plan that would benefit both companies and came to terms and an agreement to offer their line.

But not yet... As opposed to having another venue to sell their products and bring in even more money, he asked me to hold off for a while before selling his products because he wanted to get his company caught up with their current products and customers. So instead of just seeing the green $$$ in front of him, he took a customer first approach and as opposed to just letting my company dive head first into their product line... he wanted to control his growth and make sure what was out there now was taken care of.

Every company has growing pains, but what makes me want to do business with them (and makes me think they are on the right path) is the fact that he simply asked me to wait because he wanted to do right by what's out there now. I've seen many companies over the years overextend themselves and just keep going until they crashed in upon themselves. LOD is attempting to reel that growth in, which in my opinion will lead to better customer service and better fulfillment times. As of the last time I spoke with them, the rear bumpers still have a four week lead time, but just about everything else is good to go.
post #12 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 AM

I have both their front Mid-width bumper with skid plate, and their shorty rear with tire carrier. The front was delivered in about a week and a half, and the rear took about 4 weeks. The rear is being installed today as I type. Exactly how long Chris at LoD told me they would take. I could not be happier with their product or service. Every time I have called Chris he has been happy to help. Hopefully its just a mix up.
post #13 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

When i ordered my mid-width they said 5 to 6 weeks... on the 6th week it was delivered.

I never understand these threads, one vendor can take 6 to 8 weeks and be an asshat, while another takes 1yr and "it's worth waiting for"... "he's a one man show" etc. etc.....

I don't see them ripping you off over a skid plate.....
post #14 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JK View Post

Details, lad. We need details.

When did you order?
When was the card charged?
What was the stated delivery date?
How long beyond the stated delivery date are you now?
ARE you beyond the stated delivery date?
What communication have you had with the vendor?
What's this doing on general discussion and not Dirty Laundry where it belongs?

You have a join date of 2008. Don't act like you don't know we're a cynical bunch of sonsabitches. If you got hosed, let it all out so you feel better, but if you're two days past the date it was supposed to arrive, sit down, shut up and color. The man in brown will deliver your goodies soon.

post #15 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Granite Guru

As a fellow brother I will just tell you to do your best to relax and wait it out. I bought my front full width from them from a vendor and they said 6 weeks. Well it was 6 weeks. I even talked to Chris at LoD around week 4 because I had a question about it and he looked me up on his list and said it was going to powder coat and would be about 2 weeks. Good stuff. Powder coat however did not hold up here in salt country but I really did not think it would.

1. '10 Rubicon Unlimited
  2. Rock Krawler 3.5 Mid Arm Flex/Bilstein 5100's
  3. Rough Country SS
    4.GDY Duratrac 315/70/17

post #16 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Granite Guru

LoD is slow and if you get to talk to him, he will tell you it may take a few months. I waited 6 weeks or so and it was worth it. Great product!

"Good things come to those who wait".

DRIVEN1
2009 Rubicon Unlimited
Teraflex 3" Suspension System with Flex Arms
Teraflex RockGuard Epic Front Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Outback Rear Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Spare Tire Carrier
LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders
XD Series Addict 17" Rims
35" BFG KM2 Mud Terrain Tires
J.E. Reel Front and Rear Drive Shafts
Poison Spyder "Special Edition" Bombshell Diff Covers & Evap Can Skid
3M Clear Bra and 80% Window Tint
JEEP PICS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 18 Old 10-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Yeah, I am at week five right now waiting on my 4 dr sliders from LOD.

2007 Sahara JKU Steel Blue Solid Diff Covers, 5.13's, RK 3.5 X-Factor, TF Monster Trackbars, Bilstein SS, JKS Quick Discos, PSC Evap Skid, RS-E Rear Bumper, LOD Front Stinger, Warn 9.5cti, Superchips, Magnaflow Exhaust, Method NV's, Toyos M/Ts, 37X13.50X17.
post #18 of 18 Old 10-20-2011, 02:46 PM

Just got my full width bumper yesterday.

Ordered 9/23
CC charged 9/26
Sent an e-mail checking on status (not answered) 10/13
Left a voice mail a couple of days later (not answered)
Delivered 10/19

While communication could have been better, I'm very happy with bumper. Very nicely made. Can't wait to get it installed.

Would I use LoD again? Yes! Just need to remember to be patient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode