LOD Rear tire carrier/bumper lower the rear end by how much? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

LOD Rear tire carrier/bumper lower the rear end by how much?

How much does the LOD rear tire carrier and bumper lower the jeep? I have Spacer from teraflex in the rear right now (I have the 3 inch coil spring kit) I'm not sure the thickness of them (maybe .25) but I want to know how much I need to raise my jeep in order to get my ride height back.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maker of Black box, In-cab winch control and other electronics
Want to make wiring easy and painless?
Order your "Black Box" today!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Granite Guru

Take a 100 lb. fat child and have them stand on the back of the Jeep.

It shouldn't sag at all.

'13 JKU 10th Anniversary
post #3 of 7 Old 10-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

When I added my bumper / swingout I hit it with a tape and it may have settled 1/8 of an inch. But that''s within the margen of error (guy drinking beer doing before and after mesuraments). So I wouldn't worry about it.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-20-2011, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
When I added my bumper / swingout I hit it with a tape and it may have settled 1/8 of an inch. But that''s within the margen of error (guy drinking beer doing before and after mesuraments). So I wouldn't worry about it.
really? only a 1/8 of a inch? figure it be half or something.

Maker of Black box, In-cab winch control and other electronics
Want to make wiring easy and painless?
Order your "Black Box" today!!

post #5 of 7 Old 04-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Rock God

Garage

I just installed mine this past weekend.. I took a "before" measurement but i haven't taken the "after" measurement yet.. Will let you know when I have. Mine dropped about 1/2" in the rear - maybe a pinch more.. I had relatively soft-riding coils so (my theory is) they compress a bit more than stiffer coils.. Coils are from Full Traction's Premium Plus 3" lift kit..

I should also note - I installed the LoD Generation 3 SHORTY rear bumper NON-LINKED version. The shipping weight on the bumper alone was 135 lbs, although it came with full wood-frame packaging. I'm guessing the bumper itself (without packaging and without tire carrier) is 95-105 lbs. The hardware kit and tire carrier both shipped seperately so the 135 lb shipping weight is for the bumper and its packaging only.

post #6 of 7 Old 04-24-2012, 05:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm running a RK 2.5 max travel lift and lost about an inch when I put my LOD bumper and carrier on.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Rock God

Garage

Ok, I checked last night and I'm guessing that over-all I dropped about 3/4" in the rear. The measurement to the bottom of the rear of the factory fender flare was 33 3/4" with the factory bumper but with the spare removed. I measured last night and it was 32 3/4" with the LoD bumper AND the spare installed. Obviously this is not an even comparison - I have to adjust the height (location) of the spare this weekend and install the brake light so I will get another measurement with the bumper and carrier on but the spare removed.. I'm guessing that over-all it will be about a 3/4" difference. That's how much my front lowered when I installed the aftermarket bumper and winch (Poison Spyder Brawler Lite & Superwinch Talon 9.5i SR). I already have a set of 3/4" Daystar pucks - front is in, will add the rears this weekend.. I'll also get some pics of the finished installation - these are just quickies I snapped during the installation. Full set at http://www.jeepcali.com/wrenching-am...d-rear-bumper/

Last edited by JeepingGreen; 04-25-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode