AEV Control Arm Bracket - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-12-2011, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

AEV Control Arm Bracket

My jeep is a 2011 4 rd Rubi. 4""lift. I'm done building it up for now, the 35""s go on soon. My question is the instruction to these say you need 7-8 inches from the frame to the spring perch, I have 6".
To those that have these what was your measurement,and what size lift do you have. And can I still use with these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-12-2011, 07:36 PM
JKO Addict!

I had 2.5" coil spacers and I believe I was 1.5" short of spec and didn't have any issues for about 10,000 miles. I've upped the lift with full springs and it's still doing fine.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-12-2011, 07:57 PM
JPK
Rock God

I would check your measurements. AEV's control arm relocation brackets are designed for their 3.5" and 4.5" suspensions (though there are different mounting holes for the different heights.) If you actually have 4" of lift your Jeep will fall squarely in the middle of the range.

Or maybe re-read the directions to see if maybe you aren't looking at the recomended range for the mounting holes intended for the 4.5" AEV suspension rather than for the 3.5" suspension.

If the measurement is correct and you're reading the directions correclt, you are out of the recommended range, but a set of 1" or so spacers will get you there.

JPK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 04:57 AM
Granite Guru

I was wondering the same thing. I have a 3" BDS lift and my measurement was 5.75".

2012 Rubicon Unlimited, BDS 3" Springs, Bilstein 5100's, Metalcloak Front/Rear Control Arms, 35" Toyo Open Country MT on Mickey Thompson Classic II Black, Rugged Ridge XHD Stubby Front Bumper, Engo 10K Winch, Ace Rock Rails, PureJeep C-Gussets & Control Arm Skids, EVO Pro-Tek oil pan & Trans Skids, G2 Front Axle Shafts,Tera-Flex Front Sleeves
post #5 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The thing is their instruction say, if you do not have a AEV lift you need 7-8 inches between the frame & coil perch. My lift is NOT a AEV lift. And I realy do not want to add spacers.
How important is that one inch?
I can't see their 3.5 lift getting that 7"-8" I have 6'' with a 4'' lift.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 10:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrubitm View Post
My jeep is a 2011 4 rd Rubi. 4""lift. I'm done building it up for now, the 35""s go on soon. My question is the instruction to these say you need 7-8 inches from the frame to the spring perch, I have 6".
To those that have these what was your measurement,and what size lift do you have. And can I still use with these?
i ran the brackets with my rubi franken lift and it worked fine even at about 2" too short. Then when i went to RK 2.5" i actually had to run it in their 4.5" hole.

if i were to do it again I'd just buy some good LCA's and call it a day.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #7 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Can you explain to me as to why you HAD to use the 4.5 hole with a 2.5 lift .Did you have 7-8 inches from the frame & perch?

Sorry to drag this out. I'm just trying to understand things.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 10:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Can you explain to me as to why you HAD to use the 4.5 hole with a 2.5 lift .Did you have 7-8 inches from the frame & perch?

sure, when i ran the initial bastard lift (4 door rubi springs with a 1" spacer up front) i was a good 2" short of their measurement to the frame. I put these on to fix the flighty steering and ran them in the 3.5" lift hole and they worked fine.

When i upgraded and went to a RK 2.5" lift i left all the arms as they were but when i drove it the steering was flighty again. I moved the uppers to the 4.5" location and it helped. It still wasn't perfect but it helped. I never measured with the 2.5" springs (i netted more than that) but i wasn't anywhere near an aev 4.5" spring height.

After that i went to RK front arms (and coilovers) and the arms made a huge difference. That's why i said to do it again i would just buy front LCA's.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #9 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 11:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

As mentioned I also ran "not enough lift" with these brackets and had no issues.

Sent via paper airplane

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Alright then, Thanks for the helps guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode