Quadratec Dumb Mistake - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thumbs down Quadratec Dumb Mistake

On Saturday I went to Quadratec's tent sale in West Chester PA.
Bought a couple things in different transactions.
One of them was this:

Quadratec Front Floor Liners
Quadratec Black Grab Handles
VDP Trash Can & Cup Holder

-They went in the warehouse and picked everything for me and handed it -to me out of the loading dock.
-Went home and installed everything.
-Yesterday I received all the same items in the mail from UPS.
-I was only charged once.
- Today I spoke with a rep on their site and they said that UPS will pick them up or I will be charged.

Am I wrong for contacting them about this mistake?
I could have kept everything and sold them on here.

I did the 'right' thing though, right?

UPDATE
I went to UPS and sent the stuff back the day I made this thread.
Saturday I got these in the mail.

2 Checks totaling $52.

Did I do something wrong or is the people in the office @ Quadratec drunk?

Last edited by Twisky; 10-30-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisky View Post
On Saturday I went to Quadratec's tent sale in West Chester PA.
Bought a couple things in different transactions.
One of them was this:

Quadratec Front Floor Liners
Quadratec Black Grab Handles
VDP Trash Can & Cup Holder

-They went in the warehouse and picked everything for me and handed it -to me out of the loading dock.
-Went home and installed everything.
-Yesterday I received all the same items in the mail from UPS.
-I was only charged once.
- Today I spoke with a rep on their site and they said that UPS will pick them up or I will be charged.

Am I wrong for contacting them about this mistake?
I could have kept everything and sold them on here.

I did the 'right' thing though, right?

You did the right thing.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #3 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Granite Guru

Yeah you did the right thing man. Bout a week after I got my RK lift kit I got some email saying the brake lines were almost ready and the kit should ship in the next few days...I thought about just seeing what would happen, but since it was from a good vendor I just shot em an email letting them know.

Haha seems they were going to send me another lift kit

07 X..3.5 Rock Krawler mid arm, teraflex steering stabilizer, JKS quick discos, smittibilt rocker guards, poison spyder BFH front and rear, XRC8 winch, 37" pitbull rockers on TWF's, CB, Rock lights, KC Stinger lights, Hella pillar lights, High Lift on hood, Cut flares, 3 amps, polk db front, Kicker type R rears, 1 12" P3, Viper throttle, Yukon 5.13's, Pure jeep truss/gussets, home brew switch panel/corner armor etc etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 02:38 PM
JKowners Vendor

You did the right thing. That Karma would really come back around....

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #5 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Banned

All depends on your definition of what's "right"... right?

post #6 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 02:40 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
You did the right thing.

x2.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #7 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

I might have kept the shit. I believe i have some karma credit, or reverse karma if you will.

No doubt the OP did the right thing though. It sucks when you have to go out of your way to do the right thing to fix somebody elses fuck up.

corey d
2008 JEEP...

Last edited by STUPIDFACE; 10-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.
post #8 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I feel like a good person.
But I could have sold everything for $100 and recouped some of what I spent originally.
post #9 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Banned

You're not talking about something like a hemi swap kit. We're talking $100 retail, so what, maybe 25-30 wholesale? Not like it will break the bank over a QT.

If it would have nagged at you and the cash wasn't really an issue, then you did the right thing. On the flipside of that coin, if you were really hurting for cash and kinda regretted putting that money into the Jeep and here this falls in your lap, maybe it was karma slapping you in the face for something good you did for someone already.

post #10 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 03:07 PM
V8 dreams

start doing stuff like that and you'll have problems sleeping at night...you played it right and it'll play in your favor someday
post #11 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 03:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
x2.
X3

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
post #12 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good job op Can't believe you even had to ask though???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
You're not talking about something like a hemi swap kit. We're talking $100 retail, so what, maybe 25-30 wholesale? Not like it will break the bank over a QT.

If it would have nagged at you and the cash wasn't really an issue, then you did the right thing. On the flipside of that coin, if you were really hurting for cash and kinda regretted putting that money into the Jeep and here this falls in your lap, maybe it was karma slapping you in the face for something good you did for someone already.
There is no flip side. Wife cashed her check once and the drive-thru teller gave her an extra 20. When she realized she turned right around and gave it back while her friend was yelling no that's "free" money.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #13 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
JKO Addict!

You did the right thing.....
post #14 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Wife cashed her check once and the drive-thru teller gave her an extra 20. When she realized she turned right around and gave it back while her friend was yelling no that's "free" money.
In Monopoly you take that money and buy a house!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #15 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

When I was about 22, I ordered 3 nut & bolt drawers from the Sears catalog (way before the Internet) which were about $5 each. The order arrived and 3 of the Craftsman best scrolling jigsaws were in the box. Being young and broke, and not really giving a fuck, I returned them one at a time to different Sears stores saying the were a gift and got the cash (back when they would do that). $199 each x 3.

Yeah, so what, I also got a B in Ethics when I was in college too.

Would I do it today, never.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #16 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
When I was about 22, I ordered 3 nut & bolt drawers from the Sears catalog (way before the Internet) which were about $5 each. The order arrived and 3 of the Craftsman best scrolling jigsaws were in the box. Being young and broke, and not really giving a fuck, I returned them one at a time to different Sears stores saying the were a gift and got the cash (back when they would do that). $199 each x 3.

Yeah, so what, I also got a B in Ethics when I was in college too.

Would I do it today, never.

Next time...just go to confession. I mean the real confession...not this forum.
post #17 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Wheeler

yes you did the right thing
post #18 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Rock God

Garage

You definatly did the right thing,Quadrtech is a great vendor they always take care of me when I order something.You don't shit where you eat.I don't know about karma anymore though I spent 4 hours helpinga broke down jeeper on the beach which I was more than glad to do was actually some good recovory expierience,saved him $300 on offroad towing and cost me $200 for the insurance on my I phone I lost in the sand.

Black Jeep
post #19 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Rock God

id only keep it if quadratec ever screwed me somehow before - and they havent. theyve always been a good operation in my opinion. so i think u did the right thing. now if they screwed u in the past somehow....it would be time to take back what was owed.

O||||O
post #20 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Granite Guru

Coming from a small business owner you did the right thing. I have also heard a similar story about Quadratec and they told the guy to keep the extra item just pay shipping if they wanted.

post #21 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

So what do you think about the floor liners and trash can I have been eyeballing both of those

2007 unlimited X
rough country 4" lift
18" KMC Rockstars
superchips flashpaq
1 ton Offset TRE's with 1.5" X .25" wall DOM tubing Tie Rod
1.5" X .25" wall DOM tubing Draglink with 7/8" hiem's
Adam's Front Driveshaft

post #22 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The mats are top notch.
The trash can is nice and it looks stock but I don't think it should be $39 for some blown plastic.
post #23 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt

You did the right thing. If you would of kept them at some point they would have probably caught their mistake and charged you for them anyway... Good for you, man!! Here's your pat on the head!!

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
post #24 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Rock God

You did a good thing ,but QT should give you a 10% off your next oder or something??.
post #25 of 55 Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Rock God

Garage

You did right..... it will come back to you someday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode