2011 Wrangler sport - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-11-2011, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2011 Wrangler sport

Ok so i bought a 2011 and its all stock right now... Im contemplating a lift but I have no idea what to go with. I talked to the guys at 4 wheel parts and they said a pro comp 2.5 inch suspension lift with 33's sits perfect and rides as good as stock. personally I would like to have 35's under it but I dont wanna rub... Its confusing though cus I see some 2.5 inch lifts with 35's that look great and some that look like they arent lifted at all. I have also heard good stuff about teraflex... what would you guys recommend as far as brand and lift size between pro comp and teraflex 2.5", 3", 3.5", or 4" lifts. thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Coonasian

Garage

I'm a newb too and from my reading here I know that lift depends a lot on the weight you intend for your Jeep. Steel bumpers, winch, skid plates and armor are all heavy and have to be supported. I'll be watching this thread too. I don't intend to modify mine too heavily. Good luck and post pics as you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-11-2011, 07:17 PM
JKO Addict!

I don't think i'd consider pro-comp for my ride-along. Very "generic" parts/springs/shocks. You'll have much better results looking into Poly, Rock Krawler, Old Man Emu, or Teraflex.

The more lift you go the more parts you need, regardless what is in the "kit". <3" lift and you are pretty good with shocks, springs, and track bars/track bar brackets. 3.5" and up and you could be considered into needing driveshafts, track bars are recommended and control arms should be brought into the mix. Which also means you'll want larger tires. Which also means you'll need to regear...calibrate the speedo, time for lockers?, the snowball effect starts building fast. Weight is another concerning factor, but in general lifts are a little more than advertised to account for the "usual" modifications that go with.

Figure out what you want out of the rig. My experience with 4wheel parts guys in the past is many of them deal with the "look cool" customers. They want the lifts to look cool, not to perform or get the most bang for buck.

If you want 35s. You need a 2.5" lift of some sort, wheel spacers if you run stock wheels and potentially some extended bump stops depending on your choice of fender, actual tire height, etc.

Regardless you'll need some quick disconnects for whatever lift you get to have some decent front end articulation.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.

Last edited by Goodysgotacuda; 10-11-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yea I figured it would be a snowball effect. Mostly I drive my jeep around town and wheel when I can so I dont need it too extreme. I do want it to look cool and what not but I also want functionality as well. Ill definitely look into that stuff though. Hopefully I can get it all eventually without spending too much!

Also if anybody has pics of their rig as well as the specs that would be great! so I can get an idea of what setup I would like.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 PM
JKO Addict!

I'd steer away from a pro-comp lift from everything I've heard. I'd stick more with Rock Krawler, Teraflex, OME, or Poly like stated above.

Here's a pic of my rig... 2.5" Rock Krawler Max Travel kit with bilstein 5100 shocks, and 35x12.5x15 goodyear mtr/k tires... It's my daily driver and rides great (better than stock). Also performs better than I could ask for offroad.

post #6 of 11 Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 PM
trw
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norby0311 View Post
Its confusing though cus I see some 2.5 inch lifts with 35's that look great and some that look like they arent lifted at all.
Probably because coil lifts net you much more clearance, whereas spacer lifts net you just a little.

for example, take a look at my JK with 33s and a 2.5" SPACER lift, versus the white JK above with a 2.5" COIL lift (and 35s):

2011 JK, made the year before we all die, warranty be damned.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Rock God

Garage

All lifts are not created equal and when they say 2" you may get 1 or 3
Recommend looking into Rock Krawler 2.5, poly or OME. You would be happy with any of the three for a DD and occasional trail rig.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-12-2011, 05:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norby0311 View Post

Also if anybody has pics of their rig as well as the specs that would be great! so I can get an idea of what setup I would like.
This is 2.5" Rough Country coil spacers with 4dr Rubicon springs. ~3" of total lift given the weight added to it. It now has 2.5" Rough Country springs, but looks the same with a better ride.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #9 of 11 Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks yall! I really like your Glomb's Jeep too! that thing is pretty much where Im trying to get with mine.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-13-2011, 06:28 AM
JKowners Vendor

Another thing to keep in mind when looking at a lift, is look at one that allows you to grow and upgrade. Rock Krawler, Synergy Suspension, and TeraFlex are all great for this. You don't want to get a lift and then decided you want to upgrade and find out the only way to do that is to start all over again! So, do it once and do it right the first time.

We carry many different lifts, so, if we can help! Please let us know...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #11 of 11 Old 10-14-2011, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Another thing to keep in mind when looking at a lift, is look at one that allows you to grow and upgrade. Rock Krawler, Synergy Suspension, and TeraFlex are all great for this. You don't want to get a lift and then decided you want to upgrade and find out the only way to do that is to start all over again! So, do it once and do it right the first time.

We carry many different lifts, so, if we can help! Please let us know...

-Jason
Hey Jason thanks for the info. So now Im basically going back and forth between the 2.5 max travel and the 3.5 mid arm. First question is which is better for all around daily driver with light to moderate wheeling thrown in there. second questions is do they both offer about the same flex, and third question is if I were to go with the 3.5 would 35's look to small? the reason I ask is because they are so close in price it seems like the 3.5 is the better deal but then again I hear its quite a bit more labor to install vs. the 2.5. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode