rigid 50" light bar / sPOD hook up question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-09-2011, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

rigid 50" light bar / sPOD hook up question

have sPOD in. light bar in. I have the light with the POS on driverside and ground on passanger side. I have been looking for how people ran wires and see a few options. I can run POS up through top and out firewall with my sPOD. How and were are people grounding the NEG out of the light? Have not found any instal pics yet. ill keep looking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Rock God

What kind of light bar is it? My rigid has both + and - on the drivers side.

Message spread by Paul Revere

post #3 of 8 Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

e-series spot/flood. I can run the pos up inside window and through fire wall along side my sPOD wires. but the ground is the wire i want to know were and how people are hooking it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Granite Guru

If you have a metal light bar you can ground it to the light bar?
post #5 of 8 Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There are lots of grounding studs under the hood, down each side of the engine bay. There are also a few in the footwells both drive and passenger side.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfrompittsburgh View Post
have sPOD in. light bar in. I have the light with the POS on driverside and ground on passanger side. I have been looking for how people ran wires and see a few options. I can run POS up through top and out firewall with my sPOD. How and were are people grounding the NEG out of the light? Have not found any instal pics yet. ill keep looking
Got pics of your setup?

post #7 of 8 Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

your Rigid bar should have all the wires on the driver side.

I ran mine through the weather seal of the top, down the A-piller, through the firewall, and then into my s-pod

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 8 Old 10-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MannyLx450

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfrompittsburgh View Post

kidfrompittsburgh,

You can run the positive cable directly to the sPOD. (You can turn the light to locate the red cable to the side of the battery on your Jeep) The light will works the same way Then the black one can be plug to any where in the car that has ground (between the windshield and the firewall will be Nice or even between the mount and the windshield screws

What mount for the 50" did you buy ? ? ?

Your Rigid Industries Source

PH: 754-201-58-48
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode