First trip wheeling(with pics) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 10-09-2011, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

First trip wheeling(with pics)

So this was my first trip wheeling it was at the badlands in Attica, IN all in all it was a great day no real damage thanks to my RROR skids and was able to drive home

time for a lift and tires

no rubbing thanks to my PSC BFH bumper

I was very impressed with the jeep, and how it handled, but i can tell after one time that a lift and tires will help out tremendously to bad they arent in the plans till after winter due to funds but besides that what are some things you would recommend getting for the jeep either interior or exterior i live near Chicago, IL if that helps and i plan to run 35s not sure which ones i do drive about 130 miles a day for work so idk about MTs so maybe some ATs and the RK 2.5" max travel kit but any advice will help.

Last edited by Thisguyhasadd42; 10-09-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 10-09-2011, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

some poser shots

Thanks to my RROR skids no damage was done

post #3 of 24 Old 10-09-2011, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

and a little bonus at the end of the day a KOH qualifier

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 10-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Granite Guru

Armor first was a smart choice. If you go with the 2.5 max travel now threre is no reason you cant keep running the tires you have now. No point in wasting the money on tires yet . Its nice to do both together but a lift will serve you better and get you some more flex and clearance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 Old 10-09-2011, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

that is a good point i never thought about that way thanks
post #6 of 24 Old 10-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Nice run, looks like a fun place. You for sure used the skids on that trip.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #7 of 24 Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

oh ya, i think it was more due to me being careless and a nub but thats alright thats why i bought them right
post #8 of 24 Old 10-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Great photos and the leaves changing really made for some good shots. Looks like you had a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #9 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Great photos and the leaves changing really made for some good shots. Looks like you had a blast!
Thanks, it was a great time perfect weather a little dusty but all in all a great day cant wait to go again
post #10 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 05:37 AM
Ipe
Rock God

Nice first run V! I'm glad that everything went well for you and that you had a good time. I knew those skids would come in handy!

post #11 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 AM
JKowners Vendor

So where did you finish with the KOH guys?? LOL...

Looks good and looks like you had a great day! Those skids did work! In the pictures on the build thread, they looked perfect now they look well used! Very nice!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #12 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Granite Guru

nice rig. like how you started with the skids first. i didn't notice if you have an evap skid. since you're looking for advice, i'd get the evap relocated or a skid for it and then maybe think about getting a new tie rod (bent mine to shit first trip out after the c/o's and 37's) and relocating the ss.

Mike M

2013 2dr rubi
MC 2.5", Fox RR TF tuned shocks, TF carrier, Viair, TL's and so on...... still on stock tires
post #13 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 01:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks like you had fun.

I don't understand your username. Either it's

This guy has ADD (and you're the 42nd person to use that name)

This guy has a dd42

or it's something I just can't see.

☠ ☠ Don't let fear and common sense stop ya. ☣ ☣
post #14 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Rock God

Been to the Badlands in Attica at least a dozen times. Good park, I still remember my first trip there back in 2002!

for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on
post #15 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipe View Post
Nice first run V! I'm glad that everything went well for you and that you had a good time. I knew those skids would come in handy!
ya i am glad i went with the skids otherwise i would of had to call the tow truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
So where did you finish with the KOH guys?? LOL...

Looks good and looks like you had a great day! Those skids did work! In the pictures on the build thread, they looked perfect now they look well used! Very nice!

-Jason
yes sir it definitaly was a great day cant wait to go again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
nice rig. like how you started with the skids first. i didn't notice if you have an evap skid. since you're looking for advice, i'd get the evap relocated or a skid for it and then maybe think about getting a new tie rod (bent mine to shit first trip out after the c/o's and 37's) and relocating the ss.
yes i have the PSC evap skid i installed it last weekend, and yes i think that is what i am going to look into for the winter taking care of my steering and all that good stuff and recomendations with this as in which route and companies to go with
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOLIGAN View Post
Looks like you had fun.

I don't understand your username. Either it's

This guy has ADD (and you're the 42nd person to use that name)

This guy has a dd42

or it's something I just can't see.
haha its this guy has ADD and 42 was my hockey number
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcrOffroad View Post
Been to the Badlands in Attica at least a dozen times. Good park, I still remember my first trip there back in 2002!
ya it was great i wont forget it and i cant wait to get back there thinking about trying out the cliffs next time around
post #16 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Granite Guru

glad you had fun there we may go next month or so I will let you know.. about the cliffs too many mud holes
post #17 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Great pics!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #18 of 24 Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaygeorge View Post
glad you had fun there we may go next month or so I will let you know.. about the cliffs too many mud holes
ya thats what i have heard, not a fan of mud, but ya let me know when you are thinking of going
Quote:
Originally Posted by RODICON View Post
Great pics!
thanks
post #19 of 24 Old 10-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Rock God

If you are up for a little longer drive, I suggest you check out Flat Nasty Offroad Park in Missori. It's my all-time favorite park and we've been to a lot of parks!

Follow us on
post #20 of 24 Old 10-11-2011, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcrOffroad View Post
If you are up for a little longer drive, I suggest you check out Flat Nasty Offroad Park in Missori. It's my all-time favorite park and we've been to a lot of parks!
i will have to look into it maybe take a weekend trip out there.

Thanks
post #21 of 24 Old 10-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Rock God

They have a cabin right in the park that you can rent! It's perfect, cause their are trail heads literally 50' away!

Follow us on
post #22 of 24 Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

dam that looks real nice i will definitely be looking into that thanks for the heads up it looks like a great place
post #23 of 24 Old 10-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Rock God

Garage

like stated previously i would focus on the lift that you're wanting. if you go with the rk 2.5 lift then there is no reason why you should jump in with new tires. run the ones you have out and then worry about tires later. by doing that, it will allow you to get everything you need for that lift all at once without breaking the bank. i wish i would've done that my 1st go around now i'm running almost bald 35's and making them last till first of the year. gotta get your money's worth.

2011 MANGO TANGO sahara jku....bone stock.
r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

CALL MARCUS.. NUFF' SAID..
post #24 of 24 Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

ya thats what i plan to do it makes most sense, thanks for the advice in the mean time i was thinking about some better/stronger steering and strengthening the axles for the 35s any advice on that subject?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode