Black Jeep color scheme - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-09-2011, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Black Jeep color scheme

Anyone have any suggestions? I know it all comes down to personal preference but I've been tossing ideas around in my head and can't figure out what would look good. Got PSC flat fenders now and soon will have their Brawler light front bumper and rock brawler rear bumper and the rocker knockers. Later i might add PSC rear corner armor. Was thinking about doing the fenders black and painting the tubes on the fenders, rocker knocker tubes, and bumpers in like a fairly dark silver, and possibly doing some red accents here and there such as the insert on the rocker knockers, front diff cover, and other little things like that (don't want to get too carried away). Also, considering possibly painting the control arms the same silver color when i get it... What do you think? Or any other ideas for a color scheme? Maybe just leave the fenders all black and do the rest as i mentioned? Suggestions, opinions, and/or pics of other color schemes would be much appreciated!

07 X 2dr- 6spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Rock God

Garage

Black & red is tricky, it's one of those things that looks better in your head than when you actually get it done.

I've got a black JK too and just did the rear poison spyders, doing the fronts today (hopefully if the wind dies down so I can paint them). I went back and forth between doing them bumper color, bedlined, or factory black. I ended up going with none of the above - instead I covered them with Rustoleum black metallic, then shot a clear coat on top. Pretty happy with the results, the metal flake paint gives it just a little bit of contrast against the body so you can tell it's different, but having the clear on top of them keeps a shine consistent with the rest of the body. If you're 20 feet away they look body color but as you get closer you can see a subtle difference.

Crappy pic against a dirty body, but I'll get some more once I get the fronts on.

post #3 of 10 Old 10-09-2011, 07:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Check out this thread:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59642

Smurfette got all her PSC stuff powdercoated an Anthracite color. That would really look good against the black.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-09-2011, 08:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

X2 on that color.

Kha has a black two door and painted the bumper a different color, don't know what it's called, but it looked awesome too.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #5 of 10 Old 10-09-2011, 11:04 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG006 View Post
X2 on that color.

Kha has a black two door and painted the bumper a different color, don't know what it's called, but it looked awesome too.
GunMetal Powdercoat

http://pix.poisonspyder.com/Vehicles...541741_KN6Q5wD

post #6 of 10 Old 10-09-2011, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I love the colors on Smurfette. Got to see it in person today and damn....it looks amazing...love those colors together. I've seen that black PSC jeep before. I really like the color combo on it but was thinking of doing the top of the fenders black and doing the silver in a bit darker color. Kindof like a gun metal grey but maybe not so dark. I photoshoped that black PSC jeep a little to try to play around with some of the color combos. I'll post that in a bit as soon as I finish so you guys can see kindof what I'm thinking. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Trying to plan this out is a PITA without actually seeing it and I don't want it to look bad so the feedback helps.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #7 of 10 Old 10-09-2011, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Here's what I had in mind more or less. This is not my Jeep, its an image of that Black Poison Spyder Jeep pictured above which I photoshopped for my use... please excuse my photoshop skills as I know they're not perfect but I think it looks alright.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #8 of 10 Old 10-11-2011, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

What do you guys think??

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #9 of 10 Old 10-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have a similar color scheme running with mine.

Black Jeep
Anthracite wheels and accents on Rocker Knockers etc....

Therefore...I like it.

post #10 of 10 Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulVento View Post
I have a similar color scheme running with mine.

Black Jeep
Anthracite wheels and accents on Rocker Knockers etc....

Therefore...I like it.
Awesome glad I'm not totally crazy! Lol. I'm probably going to go almost like a charcoal metallic color though instead of a silver, that way it's not so bright of contrast against the black

07 X 2dr- 6spd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode