My first stalker - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Research, bro!

Garage
My first stalker

So I had my first jeep stalker yesterday.

I was driving home from a meeting and was taking the avenue vs the freeway. Nice day, just enjoying the drive and being in the jeep. At one of the many stoplights a fellow in a truck pulls up to my passenger side and rolls down his window:

Guy says, "Nice jeep". Me, "Thanks". Guy, "Really like its stance". Me, "Yea, thanks again!". Guy, "Do you go offroad with it?" Me, "Yea, look at my rims."

Your standard compliments that we all get sometimes. Green light and we head off. The next stoplight, he happens to pull up to the same length. He starts another chat:

Guy, "How's it drive?". Me, "Great, I don't have a problem with it." Guy, "How's it compare to a CJ7? I have some buddies with older jeeps and they have to work at it a bit". Me, "I only driven lifted TJs and love mine way better, esp on the freeway." Guy, "You set it up perfectly". Me, "Thanks, but I still have stuff I want to do to it".

Green light again. I'm thinking that this guy is going to go home and start looking at jeep.com and try to convince the wifey. But hey, I'm happy, he digs my jeep. Driving through two, three green lights and get to a left turn lane which will lead me into my neighborhood. Light is red. Look in my side mirror and what do I see - the guy's truck. Ok. What do I see next - the getting out of his truck and coming to my driverside window....

Guy, "Man, I wouldn't change a thing about your jeep. What do you want to change?" Me, "I want beadlocks and different tires. I'm really deciding between a custom cage and a kit with some changes to it."

As I'm thinking how long I could go on about what I want to change/add to my jeep, left turn light turned green. I pointed to it and guy said "oop" and ran back to his truck. Well, only a few cars can go through this particular light and I get stuck at it again, first to go the next time. Guess who jumps out of his truck again and head back up to my window!...

Guy, "Are those aftermarket fenders"? Me, "No, I they just the stock ones. I cut them. I hated the look of the stock ones". Guy, "I really like them". Me, "Me too". Guy, "They came out good. Yea, really like what you did to your jeep". Me thinking, "Now how many times has it been now that he's said that"? Me, "There's always something to do to it." Guy, "You work around here?" Me (pointing), "No, I live just around the corner in this neighborhood". Me thinking "Why did I just say that?!?"

Ok, green light again and off I turn. I'm thinking to myself, "Is this guy going to follow me home?" Well after another green light turn and at the first new intersection, I finally see him break his pursuit and get into a turn lane as I continue straight. Before line of site is broken, I see him make a u-turn to go back the way we headed in.

Anyways pretty funny experience I thought. I have a lot of ogglers before and the three sentence max "nice jeep" conversations, but this one rose to stalker status! (BTW, my JKU is pretty average as far a JKO'er jeeps go - 37"s, aftermarket bumpers, sliders, rims, etc. - not rocking D60 and 44"s!) In all seriousness, he seemed pretty nice, and screw it, I'll admit I smile when someone compliments my jeep - he just needs to go out and by himself a JK!

Anyone else have a stalker story? Hell, I cornered a guy in a McDonald's parking lot before I even got my JK.

"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A proud part of the Cutts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 02:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Great Story.....

Yes I have had many questions but never had it last more than two lights..... I think you found yourself a Stage 5 Clinger.....

The Project is moving forward.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 04:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Strange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

Definitely a clinger. Good think you didn't get caught in the moment and tell him you love him. Those never leave.

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
post #5 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 PM
JKO Addict!

That is really weird, creepy actually.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

lots of people give me the "nice jeep i used to have a ...." at red lights if I have the doors off. When theyre off its almost like an invitation to talk idk why haha
post #7 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Alot of people say stuff to me about mine and alot of people pass by and give me thumbs up, but never had nothing creepy like that happen.

On another note, theres a little kid that lives down my street. When i leave for work hes wating for the school bus. He never waves to me when im in my truck, but he always waves when im in my jeep. I think thats funny.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #8 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBirish View Post
lots of people give me the "nice jeep i used to have a ...." at red lights if I have the doors off. When theyre off its almost like an invitation to talk idk why haha
That is a no shitter.

Doors off? Everyone in the world feels like they are obligated to start a conversation with you at a stop light/sign.

Most times it's cool....but sometimes....

post #9 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 06:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

When's the wedding?

But seriously, I've had people follow me into parking lots to ask me a ton of questions about my Jeep.

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #10 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Yea....I have a stalker story.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #11 of 11 Old 10-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie View Post
But seriously, I've had people follow me into parking lots to ask me a ton of questions about my Jeep.
I've had that happen once....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode