Vote for your Free Red Star member! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: So who is the winner of the Free Red Star Contest?
RedRockJK 12 42.86%
007JOE 4 14.29%
drbeddow 5 17.86%
BlkRuby 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-05-2007, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Broker by the Minute

Garage
Vote for your Free Red Star member!

Ok here it is. This is the poll to decide who gets the free Red Star good for a one year membership ti JKOwners.com and any and all Red Star privileges it offers. If you already have a Red Star then I guess it will extend your membership by another 12 months.

Here was the 10 questions asked that had to be answered correctly.

Questions:
1) Who is member #105?
FzyPChz

2) What is the website address for the company that just gave away a bumper?
Shaffers Off Road/

3) For the same company, how much do they sell Hella 500's for?
$79.99

4) What company does PIG work for?
Poly Performance

5) For the same company PIG works for, what types of payments do they take?
MC, VISA, AMEX, Paypal

6) Member #210 also works for a company. What is that companies website address? hint: there are two addresses but only one sells to the public.
JR RJR Off Road sells online and Warrior Products has their product showcase.

7) We recently had a TV show host/personality join our forum. What is his co-hosts name?
Jessie Ian was who joined from Xtreme 4x4

8) An online magazine joined our forum. What did they ask for from our readers?
"...high res photo (300dpi or better) along with a description..." Frank from JPFreek Adventure Magazine asked all of us to contribute pictures for inclusion into his future article on the Jeep JK.

9) Who won the bumper?
JasperK

10) What product did I say I'm waiting for in the thread about products you are waiting for?
Tube/Cloth doors with uppers. and Tube fenders that can fold/extend to be legal in all 50.

So here are the contestants:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK
Sooo...I have been wheeling with my local 4x4 club since March of this year, and the President of the club is always commenting on how sweet the Rubicon Unlimited's are, and how easy they make some of the hard trails look. He had yet to see me get into any trouble, and I hadn't even had to use my winch yet. We were wheeling one day, and several of us had already been through this trail once and were going to wheel it again with a larger group. It is rated a 4, and the hardest rated trails at the Park are 5's. On the approach to the 1st hard obstacle on the trail, I was trying to swing wide to get a good line, and obviously wasn't paying as much attention to tire placement as I should have. The picture is worth 1000 words. I got high centered on a big rock, and was determined to not use my winch (pretty much just to be able to say I hadn't had to use it yet.) A few friends rocked me back and forth until I was able to gain traction and drive off of it. I bent my rear driveshaft in the process, but managed to finish the day wheeling that trail, several others, and also one of the hardest rated trails in the Park. The President of the club took this pic, and proceeded to post it on all the boards he is on, just because he had finally seen me have some trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007JOE
Now here is an action pic of my cool JK. A little cool story about it is how it has change my daughter's view on the car she now wants when she starts driving, a Jeep like her dad and she's only 7 now. Gotta start them young! Also, i've owned two BMW 5 series cars and I have gotten more questions and onlookers with this Jeep. How cool is that? Something about me, I have everlasting energy and am skilled in many things but I can't tell you or i'd have to.....(you know the rest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbeddow
OK so here's the story. This pic was from my first offroad jaunt with my new Jeep. A friend and I went to the top of this ridge. Doesn't look it in the pics but it's a long way up, great view. So a few days later my wife was working swing shift and I was bored so I thought I would cruise back up there for grins. It was approaching dusk. As I got to the base of the ridge my fuel light came on. I thought, WTF it's just a couple miles, my toyota would go 30 or more with the light on no problem. So off I go not a care in the world. Got to the top just before sunset and watched a distant thunderstorm over some distant ridges. It was just beautiful ! So I get back in my JK and start it up, buckle my seatbelt and............... the engine died. I thought no f--king way !! Yup... way! It was sitting nose down and I hoped if I just coasted a little to level it I could pick up some fuel. Nope ! So now I'm thinking I need to call my buddy to bring me some gas, as he will know where I am. No luck. And there is no way I can tell anyone else how to find me ! So after I get a hold of another friend who is going to have her brother come with his 4x4 I start my 4 mile walk to the road. It's so dark, no moon. OK so how hard are you all laughing at this point? It gets better! We finally meet up at the road, I jump in and we start back up the trails. All the way I'm listening to him complain that this is why he doesn't go off road. We finally get to my Jeep, jump out, and he reaches in the bed and pulls out the smallest gas can I have ever seen! Needless to say the 1 gallon or so didn't do the trick. So I had to leave my precious new toy all alone for the night, and go home without it. My wife wasn't to amused when I got home, and my buddy almost pissed his pants laughing when I called him the next day. So needless to say I learned when the Jeep says empty it means it. And if I'm going to wheel alone I make sure it's where someone knows how to find me. And lastly if you need someone to bring you gas, be specific that you need more than a thimble full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkRuby
My Story:
So i have had my JK for exactly a year now. It started off as a nice black Rubicon and stayed that way for the winter and spring. One day i was sitting around and i was like "i gotta lift this ****" So in the preceeding weeks i gave my self headaches over which lift to get, so many choices and so many answers. I finally settled for the Full Traction 3" Economy lift. I added a front trac bar to help prevent any problems and have been very happy asside from the install, which took about 15 hours spread through a weekend. None of those damn parts wanted to just bolt in. I did recently swap out the coils to the HD to make up for the bumper (later on).
After the lift i rode with stock meats for a week or two while i waited for my rims and tires. BFG M/T's were a no brainer for me, and i loved the simplicity of the ProComp 1069s. On they went and down went my gas mileage, Oh well, it's a Jeep.
Over the next month or so i was on some mild trails to sand dunes getting acquainted with the JK. But this whole time i knew something was missing... rock rails. So off to the metal supply store i went. 3 months an about $180 later i had my self a pretty nice set of rails. In that span of time i decided i needed a bumper too, it never stops. So another trip to the supply store and another $100 in metal. This time it only took 2 months to build. The finished product i think looks nice and i am very proud of it. There is truly no other JK that looks like mine. I have never built anything from scratch before, or welded for that matter, and now everytime i see my JK i see a little bit of me in it. Winter is now coming, as are future mods. My next plan is a rear bumper/carrier, which will probably be worked on over christmas break. This is my first Jeep and i truly love it. I am young and i am inexperienced, but i am now a Jeep owner, and plan to carry the tradition in the many years to come.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-05-2007, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Broker by the Minute

Garage

This poll expires in 10 days. After that the winner will be the one with the most votes. In the even of a tie, a tire breaker question will be asked at a prearranged time when the contestants are on line. The first one to answer correctly will be the winner.

Good luck to the 4 entrants!
post #3 of 15 Old 11-05-2007, 09:36 AM

RedRockJK got my vote, if only because he already spent so much on his JK... his wallet could use a little break IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-05-2007, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Come on people, don't just look, vote!
post #5 of 15 Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Granite Guru

It was definitely a hard choice, but I liked drbeddow's story the most...it would have been great to be a fly on his jeep's dash to witness that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'07 Unlimited Sahara Bright Silver: Auto: 4.10: 285/70R/17 BFG ATs: 1.5" Spidertrax: Painted Hardtop: AirRaid CAI: Borla Exhaust: Painted Bezels: LCD Monitor Mod: Mastercraft Grab Handles: Quadratec Center Arm Rest, Rear Seat Grab Handles & Headlight Guards: Mopar Sill, Tail Light Guards & Chrome Fuel Door: Husky Liners: Daystar Dash Top Panel: Bestop Wood Dash Kit: Neoprene Seatcovers: Littleseats.com 3rd Row Jump Seat: 14" Antenna: RealWheels Grill Guard: UConnect
post #6 of 15 Old 11-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Gib
Rock God

I voted for BlkRuby because his were the only pictures I could see at my location.
post #7 of 15 Old 11-06-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FzyPChz View Post
It was definitely a hard choice, but I liked drbeddow's story the most...it would have been great to be a fly on his jeep's dash to witness that!
Only with ear muffs Fuzzy......... there were definately a few @#%#* words thown about !
post #8 of 15 Old 11-06-2007, 02:45 PM
JKowners Vendor

went with red rock.
i have the same color that is the only reason
i think michaelw should buy them all stars so i quit feeling guilty
by the way i got my star yesterday what do ya think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #9 of 15 Old 11-06-2007, 03:20 PM
14ers

All right, I vote for BlkRuby because it sounds like he's got the desire to do what the red star needs - to dig in and get your hands dirty, try new things and see how it turns out. Of course RedRock already does that, but I don't like that color

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!
post #10 of 15 Old 11-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Gib
Rock God

Yeah, he admits he's new and wants to learn. Plus I give him big bonus points for building his own bumper.
post #11 of 15 Old 11-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Rock God

I'm little old fasion,, touched a little by what his little Girl said. went with
"007JOE"
Originally Posted by 007JOE
Now here is an action pic of my cool JK. A little cool story about it is how it has change my daughter's view on the car she now wants when she starts driving, a Jeep like her dad and she's only 7 now. Gotta start them young! Also, i've owned two BMW 5 series cars and I have gotten more questions and onlookers with this Jeep. How cool is that? Something about me, I have everlasting energy and am skilled in many things but I can't tell you or i'd have to.....(you know the rest).

Jim,
USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
post #12 of 15 Old 11-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

As winner of the vote, can I pass the Free Red Star on to the the one with the next highest number of votes, BlkRuby ? If so I would be happy to do that.

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #13 of 15 Old 11-26-2007, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Broker by the Minute

Garage

That is most kind of you sir!

I have PM'd Lance and awarded the Red Star to BlkRuby!
post #14 of 15 Old 11-28-2007, 06:05 PM

Wow, thanks alot guys! I have been super busy lately and haven't been on as much as i would like, but i really appreciate the gesture. Thanks to all at JKOwners.com
post #15 of 15 Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 PM

Congrats man, wear it proudly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode