Ran through a roadside puddle and rubi stalled out. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-10-2011, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ran through a roadside puddle and rubi stalled out.

So I went through a puddle about 25 mph and maybe 6 in deep. The rubicon stalled out and would not start after checking the spark plugs wires and coil an all were dry and drying out all the electrical connections still wouldn't start after an hour of sitting. Finally we looked under the jeep by the fuel yank the plastic gas line had been forced up over the gas tank and crimped itself not allowing any gas to the engine. As soon as we pulled it down and uncrimped the hose it started right up. Has anyone had this problem with the plastic gas line and should I get it checked out by the dealer? Oh yeah I have 2000 miles on my 2011 rubicon unlimited. Any advise would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb602 View Post
So I went through a puddle about 25 mph and maybe 6 in deep. The rubicon stalled out and would not start after checking the spark plugs wires and coil an all were dry and drying out all the electrical connections still wouldn't start after an hour of sitting. Finally we looked under the jeep by the fuel yank the plastic gas line had been forced up over the gas tank and crimped itself not allowing any gas to the engine. As soon as we pulled it down and uncrimped the hose it started right up. Has anyone had this problem with the plastic gas line and should I get it checked out by the dealer? Oh yeah I have 2000 miles on my 2011 rubicon unlimited. Any advise would be appreciated.
Had the exact same scenario happen to my Jeep. Right down to being on a local road - hitting the same puddle that forms everytime it rains.

Dealer refused to repair under warranty, citing "offroad abuse". That will be the last time I ever set foot in their building.

post #3 of 12 Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Wheeler

I would most definitely take it back. Was it just a puddle on the road, or were you offroading? I guess it doesn't matter, either way it shouldn't have happened. Just tell them you were driving, hit a puddle, and then nothing, explaining what you did find the cause to be. Don''t take no for an answer, either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-10-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Roadside puddle no offroad same puddle that forms in my neighborhood everytime it rains. Thanks
post #5 of 12 Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Wheeler

Oh hell yeah, I'd be bringing it back in. 2000 miles on the vehicle, that shouldn't be happening on pavement.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Rock God

Garage

Why even mention the puddle? If your gas line crimped all you need to say is it stalled out and you noticed the gas line. Nuff said.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-11-2011, 08:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Why even mention the puddle? If your gas line crimped all you need to say is it stalled out and you noticed the gas line. Nuff said.
Agreed.

But if you tell them that you were throwing puddles, that might impress them.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie View Post
Agreed.

But if you tell them that you were throwing puddles, that might impress them.
No kidding. At 8.5# to the Gallon, those puddles can get damned heavy for tossin.

post #9 of 12 Old 07-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb602 View Post
I believe this story minus the 6 inches
Neuwirth is a good place, they'll do something about it.

Rock Krawler 3.5" Mid Arm Flex
Poly Performance JK Synergy Shocks
Black Rock 17x8 w/ Goodyear MTR w/Kevlars
Poly Performance SS
post #10 of 12 Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Who's wife won't allow him on certain trails? UNCJK. :double finger:
post #11 of 12 Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Granite Guru

nobody throws puddles except me
post #12 of 12 Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

[rant on]
I hate the stealership
[/rant off]

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode