'12 JKU Planning - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-10-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question '12 JKU Planning

ok getting a 2012 JKU
Automatic - Better Wheelin
White with Black- love it and yes i know its gonna get dirty
gonna Mod it a bit for MID-LEVEL wheelin( all But creeper krawler stuff)
new front and back Bumper, if the fenders are a flimsy as i keep reading will probably get some Bushwackers, Unless i can secure them better b/c i Really Like the Stock Fenders

i'm wondering, since i'm going to do some light mods and get a 3" lift on it with some 30+ wheels, IF i should get a sport or if the Rubi is worth the money.....

what say the masses????

I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon it was Death, and Hell followed with it. REV:6.8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by allenjda101; 07-10-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Granite Guru

If you have the cash get the rubi, but if you are only doing light wheeling, then, i would just get a sport, 3 inch to 3.5 inch lift and 35 inch tires.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

If you're talking about "2011 mid-level wheeling"......than I would get a Rubicon if you can afford it......unless you are planning an axle/ t-case swap sometime in the future.

I'd rather have a Rubi and not use the capability much.....than to have a sport and regret the the decision while stuck out on a trail somewhere. You know....."When in doubt....."

JMO

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

We have ordered a '12 Rubicon Unlimited for the shop and were looking forward to some extra HP for sure.

Thunder Motorsports, Inc
828.252.8550 - Coker - Owner
Teraflex, Rough Country, Poison Spyder, SmittyBilt, Superwinch, Bushwacker, Powertank, Nitto, Falken, BFG and many more

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Rock God

some 30 inch wheels huh? interesting.

people get bushwackers/xenons/tube fenders for more tire clearance.

i agree with the rubicon thing. we had that exact same debate, and ended up biting the bullet on it, but the end result is it'll hold its value alot longer. Hell, TJ rubicons are still 15k. i wouldnt have done it any other way. The only way i'll get rid of this one is if in 2013 they actually come out with a medium sized v8, like a 4.7-5.3 sized motor which would be perfect for the unlimited in particular. a decent amount of power, but still somewhat fuel efficient.

post #6 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 09:24 AM
JKO Addict!

i am worried about the new overdrive in the 5 speed auto's. from what i've read they have an even TALLER overdrive...

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #7 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Rock God

I'd definately recommend the Rubi and with the 5sp auto/tall O/D, if it doesn't have enough torque at hiwy speeds, get the 4.10 gears (bigger tires) you can do a quick regear and it'll be the cats meow !!

At least mine is and now I won't be getting a new JKUR, cause I don't need any more power, course the 5spd tranny would be OK, unless they're srtill running the cooler thru the A/C condenser !!

JIMBO

Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
post #8 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If you're talking about "2011 mid-level wheeling"......than I would get a Rubicon if you can afford it......unless you are planning an axle/ t-case swap sometime in the future.

I'd rather have a Rubi and not use the capability much.....than to have a sport and regret the the decision while stuck out on a trail somewhere. You know....."When in doubt....."

JMO
X2 get the Rubi if you have the money. Long term it will hold value better and you will probably find that you like the options for even moderate wheeling. I am getting ready to order my 4th Rubicon
post #9 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Get the rubi...the 4:1 transfer case is really worth it. Most people think of the E-Lockers when they think rubi, and they are nice but the the the low TC is sweet, sweet, sweet.

and I'd go with 35's...you'll be happy!

oh and white on black...killer

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #10 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 12:19 PM
JKO Addict!

someone just posted that the 5 speed trans OD was actually shorter than the current 4 speed overdrive.

so disregard my earlier post. I had read that it had a .50 OD

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #11 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenjda101 View Post
ok getting a 2012 JKU
, if the fenders are a flimsy as i keep reading will probably get some Bushwackers, Unless i can secure them better b/c i Really Like the Stock Fenders
Theres nothing tough about the Bushwacker flares, you're better off burning money in a bucket.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode