aev wheels??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

aev wheels???

hey guys 2 part question. first does any one have these wheels and what ur opinion on them.

and part 2 is, what size tire can i fit on my jku and keep the fenders and lift stock.

ADDED BONUS (short side story!!!!!!!!!!!)
i have enough $$$$ for new wheels and want them, and need new tires. not enough $$$ for lift or new fenders. thanks!

"For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you."-yoda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-10-2011, 01:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig 2.0 View Post
hey guys 2 part question. first does any one have these wheels and what ur opinion on them.

and part 2 is, what size tire can i fit on my jku and keep the fenders and lift stock.

i have enough $$$$ for new wheels and want them, and need new tires. not enough $$$ for lift or new fenders. thanks!
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't have them but I am a fan of them.
I like your wheel choice. I am a fan of the AEV styled wheels. Are you staying with 16" or 17" wheels. What are the wheel width choices 9" or 10"

Is AEV only available in one offset or do they have another option ?

These questions all relate to the tire you will choose.

Wheels and Tires make an immediate transformation. But it's just ONE WAY to go. Not a bad way at all.

You can get a 33" tire like 285/70/17 (32.7") with no issues. You can go taller with minor modifications found on this site.

The Project is moving forward.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

the rims are 17 by 9 i believe.

"For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you."-yoda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-10-2011, 01:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig 2.0 View Post
the rims are 17 by 9 i believe.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am also running 17x9 . I am running a 285x70x17 . You CAN run this size with NO issue on stock suspension.

If you go larger than that you will have to make modifications (minor in some cases) !!!!!

The Project is moving forward.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Rock God

I have them. Nice rims
post #6 of 9 Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Rock God

Im a huge fan of the Savagre's in the argent finish. Im tired of seeing black wheels on Jeeps, just my opinion. Im currently running ga 3.5" AEV premium lift with 35" KM2s on stock rubicon rims with 1.5" spacers. Im happy with my current setup, but cant really settle on a set of rims I like better. If I were going to change them tomorrow, I would go with these or a set of Classic IIs. I would lean towards these more if they came with a street lock on them I think even though I dont know if I would get street locks.

This is a great looking rim on a JK and AEV is top notch in backing up thier products, no question. Customer service is second only to Tom Woods IMO.

RubiRed Unlimited

ARB bumpers
Superwinch 9.0i
3.5" AEV premium lift
35" KM2s, OR-Fab tire carrier
Viair on board air
post #7 of 9 Old 07-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Rock God

I have them. It was love at first sight. That said, I've taken a few nicks out of them on the trail which made me a sad panda. I just rattle canned them with AEV's paint and they look new again. I'm running 35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s.

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #8 of 9 Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I don't have that wheel but I have been running AEV wheels for years. Good quality stuff from a top notch company.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #9 of 9 Old 07-11-2011, 03:18 AM
Rock God

Garage

Don't have them yet but they are currently at the top of my list.

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode