2012 color - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-08-2011, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
2012 color

I am looking to order a 2012 Rubicon 4 door and I am thinking about the Sahara tan. Question really is do I get the matching top and fenders? I tend to think I would like the top lighter in color just for the heat but I am not sure about the fenders. I can see myself eventually getting flat fenders but I am not sure until I actually buy them so that is not what I am asking
Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Granite Guru

Thoughts?

Yeah...I like that tan and it looks great with black contrast. If I get the tan I would paint or change the wheels black, add black armor, get the top in black and I think it would look lovely!

My 2.
post #3 of 16 Old 07-08-2011, 02:54 PM
JKowners Vendor

Have you seen or heard about the new colors yet? Orange Crush, Dozer Yellow, and Gecko Green...

We just found out about them a little while ago. Think RK is going Green!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Rock God

To my knowledge, the only way to get a matching top is to get a Sahara or a Mojave, they both have a smooth body color top as an option. All the rest (including the Rubicon) have the standard textured black top.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Rock God

Garage

i like the tan myself and tried talking the wife into getting that color, but she likes white. i don't think the color matching top and fenders will look that bad on it, that's what ricky rockets looked like stock, and it turned out to be an amazing build! i think the dark brown on sahara tan looked pretty kick ass. but from what i have seen, they are going to only produce the sahara tan in the first part of the year and then discontinue it.. so if that's the color you want, i would jump on it before its gone.

2011 MANGO TANGO sahara jku....bone stock.
r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

CALL MARCUS.. NUFF' SAID..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Have you seen or heard about the new colors yet? Orange Crush, Dozer Yellow, and Gecko Green...

We just found out about them a little while ago. Think RK is going Green!
I had not heard of the new colors.... They sound interesting and Green the best LOL Have you seen examples anywhere? I will have to ask the dealer.
post #7 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I am looking to order a 2012 Rubicon 4 door and I am thinking about the Sahara tan. Question really is do I get the matching top and fenders? I tend to think I would like the top lighter in color just for the heat but I am not sure about the fenders. I can see myself eventually getting flat fenders but I am not sure until I actually buy them so that is not what I am asking
Thoughts?
You can get the matching top with out matching fenders just not the other way around! Its $100 if your going flat fenders then save your money! Let me know if I can help.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

None of the new colors are available quite yet and sahara tan is getting the ax very soon.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #9 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Coonasian

Garage

My neighbor has the tan Sahara with all tan and it is a sexy vehicle. That tan does seem to look very good with black accents. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #10 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 01:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Is the newer white, whiter? I parked next to a '10 or an '11 and it is way whiter than my '08 stone white. Wtf if it is the same I'm going to flip the f out...

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #11 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Wheeler

my understanding based on another thread was that sahara tan was only available for the first two weeks of ordering. so it may be gone unless they extended it.

Also, i can verify that you can get matching top and fenders on the rubi as well. It was available when i ordered mine. not sure about getting one without the other.
post #12 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
Is the newer white, whiter? I parked next to a '10 or an '11 and it is way whiter than my '08 stone white. Wtf if it is the same I'm going to flip the f out...
Yeah, the 2011 white is called bright white. It's definitely noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #13 of 16 Old 07-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Sahara Tan is one of The few colors that I like color matched. Just looks sweet. I saw a color matched red (could have been custom) and man, that blurred my vision.

'08 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Steel Blue Metallic, Auto, 4.10, 33" BFG ATs, RE 2.5" BB, American Eagle Wheels
post #14 of 16 Old 07-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I like stone white. Bright white looks like a may tag appliance

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #15 of 16 Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADERJKU View Post
To my knowledge, the only way to get a matching top is to get a Sahara or a Mojave, they both have a smooth body color top as an option. All the rest (including the Rubicon) have the standard textured black top.
Not true...color matched top and fenders are an option on the Rubicon for 2012. You have to get both though, you can't order just color matched fenders or top.

Jimmy
jimmyzwheelz
post #16 of 16 Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm considering a '12 also, and I'll be damned if there's not one single decent color for the model year IMO. Gecko and Dozer? Varying shades of clown vomit. The only one that may be okay is that weird winter ice color thingy, but that's a mystery until one can be seen in the flesh. Guess I'm biased because mine is the greatest color in JK history, Sunburst Orange.

Of course, I could get a generic color and have the whole vehicle wrapped.....

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode