RC 4'' X series or OME LT kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

RC 4'' X series or OME LT kit

im looking at these 2 lifts. What lift would bring me better performance? Also which pair of coils would go the longest w/o sagging? I have a Rancho front bumper with a winch. My jeep is a 2dr. Im talking about the LT Kit from northridge 4x4 with jks trac bars and lower front arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My RC springs are sagging in the rear, they are about 2 1/2 years old. Just ordered a spacer to get it back up to a regular height.

I will be replacing them with something else at some point.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 08:24 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

If you are settled on those two lifts I would hands down choose the OME over Rough Country. It will ride better, last longer, and is a higher quality option than the budget based Rough Country "kit". What David has put together in that kit you're considering is a very nice option with high quality components.

In my opinion you aren't comparing apples to apples and I believe David (Northridge) will tell you the same thing.

You are about to get a few more options to consider too...

Welcome to the board man! Thanks for coming over!

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 08:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

ome. the ride is awesome, flexes like a mofo. love it highly recommended
post #5 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks for the welcome. I had a OME lift on my liberty before i got a wrangler and it was a nice liftt. I have read so many mixed reveiws with RC but i have yet to read anything negative on OME. I talked with David and he was saying to get the 4dr HD coils to get me the height i was after on my 2dr. I already purchased a Coat Front driveshaft and a EVO drag link Flip kit. River City Offroad, arent you located in Texas right? Im from Houston and might make a visit to you when im home from Afghanistan.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I put a 2.5" Rough Country coil kit on my wife's JK back in early 08 because it was inexpensive and I knew she wasn't going to wheel it. Terrible mistake. The springs sagged and the shocks were all blown within 15K miles.

I'm not talking trash, they sell LOTS of lifts. I just believe there are better options.

How much lift do you really want to end up with? What are your plans for the JK? The consensus on lift height and tire size are a little different here versus other forums.

Fill us in on what you're wanting to do and we will start throwing more ideas at you. LOL!

I'm in Austin, yes sir! Come on down and I'll buy you the beverage of your choice. Thanks for your service!

Marcus

post #7 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 AM
JKowners Vendor

Look into the OME. We will with a 2dr JK that has their 3" lift and it is a great kit! He has no problems with it what so ever. Also, there has been a lot of people having issues with the RC kits with the sagging coils. You could just upgrade the coils as you have already looked into.

One question thouhg. What shocks are you looking to run?

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #8 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Rock God

love my OME kit which i also purchased from northridge.

it outflexes our teraflex 3" long arm and in my opinion it rides a lot better for the money.

YouTube - ‪Jeep JK Old Man EMU Flex, Two Door, JK 4x4‬‏

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

Last edited by pluke the 2; 07-08-2011 at 08:58 AM.
post #9 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well i wanted to fit 35's but have enough room not to worry about rubbing or not getting the maxium travel out of a kit so i was looking at 3.5 to 4'' of lift. I already have a 1'' spacer in front and .5'' spacer in back to level it out so i figured i might leave them on. Thanks for the reply and the pictures, that thing seems to flex like crazy. Any rear driveshaft issues?
post #10 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejkwith9lives View Post
Well i wanted to fit 35's but have enough room not to worry about rubbing or not getting the maxium travel out of a kit so i was looking at 3.5 to 4'' of lift. I already have a 1'' spacer in front and .5'' spacer in back to level it out so i figured i might leave them on. Thanks for the reply and the pictures, that thing seems to flex like crazy. Any rear driveshaft issues?
no drive shaft issues yet. been running about 11k miles with the kit and everyday seems to be better then the day before.

the front drive shaft boot was ripped on the first time out. haven't greased it or serviced it since the day i got it. so far so good

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #11 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Good to hear. Im looking forward to this lift. How hard was the install/ adjust the arms and trac bar?
post #12 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejkwith9lives View Post
Good to hear. Im looking forward to this lift. How hard was the install/ adjust the arms and trac bar?
honestly, i didn't have any tools or the experience. i had never turned a wrench until i installed this by myself.

it took me three days by myself. that included flushing the brakes by myself which was the hardest part.

it was def a milestone and a good way to know what is going on with the jeep's suspension.

i'd do it again if i had to do it all over again.

when and if you do this. you are more then welcome to give me a call for some basic tips.

the biggest tip i can give is to get everything on your jeep per the instruction and torque everything to the proper ft lb rating when the jeep has all four tires on the ground.

so for example, after you install the trackbar, you'lll want to torque this sucker at 130 ft lbs when all the tires are on the ground.... same thing applies for the control arms and all other major suspension components...

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

Last edited by pluke the 2; 07-08-2011 at 10:18 AM.
post #13 of 13 Old 07-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Rock God

check this out on my rig. i got total updates since day one here:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...t=39173&page=3

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode