2010 JK Uconnect and HTC Thunderbolt - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-02-2011, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Question 2010 JK Uconnect and HTC Thunderbolt

I have a '10 JK Sahara Unlimited with Uconnect and it has issues synching with my Verizon HTC Thunderbolt phone. It will connect and work perfectly 50% of the time. The other 50% it says it's connected but when you dial or receive calls Uconnect does not take over the radio. I then have to turn off Bluetooth on the phone and switch over to the handset. Has anyone else had any similar issues with their Uconnect system and specifically with the HTC Thunderbolt?

I don't think anything's wrong with my phone since it works in my 2011 WK2 Overland's Uconnect system.

Any advice/tips is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Wheeler

yep same problem...I hate the thunderbolt....if I didn't want to make sure I was locked into the unlimited 4g I would have waited for the Droid bionic....irk which one is not playing nice but I have to guess the thunderbolt..my Droid x worked great..

2010 - JK Rubicon - CAI and Superchips. Rock Krawler 3.5 xfactor midarm - 35 toyos
post #3 of 4 Old 07-02-2011, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

I actually like my Thunderbolt and I believe it's a limitation of the Uconnect system in my JK 'cause the Uconnect in my WK2 synchs up perfectly 100% of the time. The WK2 uses a newer radio and most likely newer Uconnect software. I guess I'll ask the service folks if there's an update for the radio next time I'm in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

www.jeep.com/uconnect

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode