Anyone Have Experience or Comments... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-28-2011, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Anyone Have Experience or Comments...

with or about the new Warn VR series? Or is it too new and no one runs one yet? Thanks.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

I was wondering the same thing earlier, good question.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #3 of 12 Old 06-28-2011, 10:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I posted somewhere about it and never got any responses so I'm assuming it's just too new. There's two ways to look at it:

-the parts are all made in China so it can't be much better quality-wise than a SuperWinch or similar.

-it's made by Warn, so if they put their name on it then it must be a quality product.

Personally, I'm more inclined to lean toward the latter. Warn isn't going to put their entire brand on the line to sell a cheap piece of shit. But....you go first. Knowing the way you roll you'll be upgrading it in a couple months and I can buy yours off you

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-28-2011, 10:52 PM
VKS Fab

Im running the 10k. Zero complaints thus far. Its only been a week or so but I put it to the test last weekend. I put about 6-7 good pulls on it. Bottom line, its a warn, they wouldn't tarnish there name with an inferior product. I also believe warn has chimed in here on the fourm about how the vr series is built. Im extremely pleased with the winch so far. If you have any specific questions hit me up.

Vick

Handmade One At A Time

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #5 of 12 Old 06-28-2011, 11:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
Im running the 10k. Zero complaints thus far. Its only been a week or so but I put it to the test last weekend. I put about 6-7 good pulls on it. Bottom line, its a warn, they wouldn't tarnish there name with an inferior product. I also believe warn has chimed in here on the fourm about how the vr series is built. Im extremely pleased with the winch so far. If you have any specific questions hit me up.

Vick
x2 on not wanting to tarnish their name...that's exactly what I was thinking. Have you owned any other Warn products? How does it compare as far as fit and finish.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #6 of 12 Old 06-29-2011, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post

Vick

I'm really wondering how the VR8000 differs from the M8000. Is it external or internal differences?

Gonna keep searching too.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #7 of 12 Old 06-29-2011, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Found these ...not a thread started by answering questions, but there are some answers inside.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...warn+vr+series

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...warn+vr+series

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #8 of 12 Old 06-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Rock God

Garage

I think Warn is trying to get into the economy winch service. I agree with you all that Warn wouldn’t put their name on a shitty product and although their other products are arguably better than others, they are out of price range with many people.

At the same time people run the cheaper ones with little to no complaints either so another option for a decent price = win for us.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #9 of 12 Old 12-01-2012, 11:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Bump

Anyone have any new input?

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #10 of 12 Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 AM

I just had the VR8000 installed last week. I did notice a small issue with a contact in the control box not quite connected. other than that it looks good (my first winch). yesterday at Bridgeport I got the chance to pull someone who was stuck in the mud and it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #11 of 12 Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Granite Guru

I have the vr10k winch and have used it probably 2 dozen times with no problems so far.
post #12 of 12 Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Wheeler

Ive got the 8K one and have been running it since it first came out. Plenty fast for me. Also the first winch I've ever owned so i dont really have anything to compare it to. I actually strapped the rear of my jeep to a tree (kept sliding) and used it to pull my dad's full sized kabota up a hill. It has probably been used a max of 15 times so not sure how it would hold up under constant use, but i think it is more than sufficient for the occasional wheeler. Its gotten my jeep out of some pretty nasty situations, but i only have a two door so im sure it is a lot lighter. One issue I've had lately was with the free-spool lever. It tends to "stick" and takes a great deal of wiggling to get it disengage. Never any trouble with engaging it though. I paid under 400 bucks for it back when everyone was having the promotions, so i have no complaints other than that. Overall I'm satisfied, plus it has the warn name to back it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode