Plastic JK Flat fenders - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Question Plastic JK Flat fenders

Saw these at Sema and I was wondering who makes them???? They were featured on many JK's including the offroad evolution JK...SICK

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 03:57 AM
Rock God

Garage

I thought Evolution had metal fenders. Possibly PureJeep.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
post #3 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 04:37 AM
Granite Guru

Not sure if these are what you're talking about. They run about $500 for what looks like the set. Pretty sharp, though.

Xenon Tubular Style Flares - JK Wrangler 2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 04:54 AM
Rock God

Garage

Xenon's came out first, but I'm a bigger fan of purejeep. I also thought Shaffer's set looked real good.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
post #5 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypnite View Post
Not sure if these are what you're talking about. They run about $500 for what looks like the set. Pretty sharp, though.

Xenon Tubular Style Flares - JK Wrangler 2007

Not sure if those are it???? They do look simular, alot better on the black jeep. I'm going to guy the black jeep had full width D60's from Dynatrac because the wheels stick out so far.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #6 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

Those are the Xenon urethane tubular style fenders. When you run the dynatrac D60's, you have to run a wheel with about 6" of backspacing. I bet the wheels on that black Jeep you posted pics of have about 4" or so. We put the dynatrac D60's on our WarriorJeep.org club project, and have Walker Evans wheels with 6.0" backspacing on it.

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #7 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 07:45 AM

i am almost positive those are PureJeep tube fenders, i don't think ORE would put those crap Xenon's on.
post #8 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Mel from Off Road Evolution is using Xenon plastic fenders. They are pretty wide and look good with a wide tire. On the other hand they look totally stupid with stock tires.
post #9 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Wheeler

They are the Xenon,

Thats with 3.75 backspacing...

Last edited by justajeep; 11-04-2007 at 07:21 PM.
post #10 of 33 Old 11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Granite Guru

I've been debating on buying these. If they were stock width I would have bought a set already. They look really nice with a wider stance and tires. Plus, they are urethane and will flex if you bump into a rock, tree, etc.

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #11 of 33 Old 11-05-2007, 04:07 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK View Post
I've been debating on buying these. If they were stock width I would have bought a set already. They look really nice with a wider stance and tires. Plus, they are urethane and will flex if you bump into a rock, tree, etc.
I was also thinking about buying them (why I thought I had recognized them). When I found out they were urethane, I wasn't so sure. I'm more interested in the steel tube fenders for protection. Wasn't aware that the urethane would flex like you mentioned, however. Is this normal and "acceptable" or are they going to flex, flex and then crack?

Figured they could take some abuse, but just wanted an idea of how much...

Thanks, and hope this isn't considered hijacking!!
post #12 of 33 Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
re.plastic fenders

Yep, those are it...they only look good with wide tires and really good with the wider axles. Perhaps the Poison spyders would be the way to go on the JK becuase they don't stick out as far.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #13 of 33 Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypnite View Post
I was also thinking about buying them (why I thought I had recognized them). When I found out they were urethane, I wasn't so sure. I'm more interested in the steel tube fenders for protection. Wasn't aware that the urethane would flex like you mentioned, however. Is this normal and "acceptable" or are they going to flex, flex and then crack?

Figured they could take some abuse, but just wanted an idea of how much...

Thanks, and hope this isn't considered hijacking!!
I just bought the XENON's. I thought maybe the steel flares, if shoved into a rock or tree might cause main body tub damage. I'd rather break one of the plastic ones than bend up sheet metal. IMO

WHEN in DOUBT, GAS-IT !

EARTH FIRST! We'll JEEP the other planets later!

Last edited by luigi0523; 11-05-2007 at 08:46 AM.
post #14 of 33 Old 11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
JR
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK View Post
I talked to Doc about that at SEMA, you may see a stock width version coming soon.

JR

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #15 of 33 Old 11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
These are PureJeep prototypes.

Dirty Minion #6

Last edited by dayton1999; 11-07-2007 at 04:24 PM.
post #16 of 33 Old 11-05-2007, 03:35 PM
JR
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
These are PureJeep prototypes.
Umm, if you're referring to the flares, no they aren't. They are made by XENON and are way past prototype status. They're available for all Wranglers now and they almost have the CJ7 versions ready.

We have a set on our display vehicle as well.

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #17 of 33 Old 11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
I talked to Doc about that at SEMA, you may see a stock width version coming soon.

JR

post #18 of 33 Old 11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Umm, if you're referring to the flares, no they aren't. They are made by XENON and are way past prototype status. They're available for all Wranglers now and they almost have the CJ7 versions ready.

We have a set on our display vehicle as well.
My bad. Mel's got the PJs on his "other badass JK," the Silver Beast.

Dirty Minion #6
post #19 of 33 Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Wheeler

I had a set of Xenon on my Tj, was on a trail and in the middle of a water crossing trying to bunp myself up a level on the rocks in the middle of a stream, well I hopped sideways and planted myself against a rock(12' high) and my flare was pushed straight down, flat... I got up the step and the flare sprung back just like the day I put it on. They flex, dont break, like others-Bushwacker in my real life trials.
thats why I bought mine for my my JK...
But on the other side of the coin- the steel that I bolted my new flares to is so thin, I know that the flare will uphold a better beating than stock steel... BUT I HAVE PLANS...
post #20 of 33 Old 11-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by justajeep View Post
I had a set of Xenon on my Tj, was on a trail and in the middle of a water crossing trying to bunp myself up a level on the rocks in the middle of a stream, well I hopped sideways and planted myself against a rock(12' high) and my flare was pushed straight down, flat... I got up the step and the flare sprung back just like the day I put it on. They flex, dont break, like others-Bushwacker in my real life trials.
thats why I bought mine for my my JK...
But on the other side of the coin- the steel that I bolted my new flares to is so thin, I know that the flare will uphold a better beating than stock steel... BUT I HAVE PLANS...
Thanks, that's just what I wanted to know! Although, for the price, it might make more sense to go all in and do PSC front and rear when they release 'em. But then there's the cutting on a brand new JK...think the wife would kill me...nope, I KNOW the wife would...bleh...
post #21 of 33 Old 11-08-2007, 10:33 AM
JR
Rock God

An email I got this morning.

Dear Customer: All of our Flat Panel flares for the JK, TJ, YJ have been great sellers and their popularity is growing quickly. It's the DESIGN and FUNCTION that is attracting the Jeep owner.
>
> In January we will be in production of STOCK WIDTH Jeep JK Flat Panel urethane fender flares for the 2 Dr. and 4 Dr.

The demand is met...yay!

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS

Last edited by JR; 11-21-2007 at 11:38 AM.
post #22 of 33 Old 11-08-2007, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
re.plastic fenders

Quote:
An email I got this morning.

Dear Customer: All of our Flat Panel flares for the JK, TJ, YJ have been great sellers and their popularity is growing quickly. It's the DESIGN and FUNCTION that is attracting the Jeep owner.
>
> In January we will be in production of STOCK WIDTH Jeep JK Flat Panel urethane fender flares for the 2 Dr. and 4 Dr.

The demand is met...yay!
That is a great way to go and would look great with the smaller tires.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #23 of 33 Old 11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
My bad. Mel's got the PJs on his "other badass JK," the Silver Beast.
I believe you are wrong there as well... at least if you are refering to the one with the fast back top on it.
post #24 of 33 Old 11-08-2007, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
re.silver jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
I believe you are wrong there as well... at least if you are refering to the one with the fast back top on it.
The silver Jeep has the same fenders....

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #25 of 33 Old 11-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
The silver Jeep has the same fenders....

Jason
I thought so
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode