155k mile Jeep Rubicon - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

155k mile Jeep Rubicon

SO the question is what would you pay for a 150K+ mile jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon with almost 155k miles, auto, hardtop and thats about it? I plan on putting a new engine/trans in it (Hemi or diesel) so not big of an issue. What else should i look out for? What other expenses can I forsee in the near future besides mods?!?

It appears to be completely stock and never been offroad. Needs new tires as well, which isnt an issue since I would replace them when I lift it anyways. Let me know what you all think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 02:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

What year?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 02:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Throw out 5 grand and see if it sticks.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Granite Guru

You're basically replacing everything you will really worry about on a high mileage vehicle.. so toss out a very very low ball offer and see if it flies..if not work up from there..
post #5 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

It is a 2007, sorry.

That is what I was thinking but I was just curious what else I need to fix/repair or will need to soon. I don't want to tell them X when in reality it is going to cost me more than that to repair it. Anyone else with really high miles currently have any input?
post #6 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 02:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Seems like of you're doing a hemi swap, the only things left worth worrying about are axel related or maybe A/C related. You keeping the same transfer case?

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #7 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee1669 View Post
Seems like of you're doing a hemi swap, the only things left worth worrying about are axel related or maybe A/C related. You keeping the same transfer case?
I agree with jaybee only thing else to look into would be axle/drivetrain related like drive shafts ball joints rod ends ect.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Granite Guru

KBB is between $10.5K and $14.0K for the described vehicle. Private Party, no options
post #9 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yeah, I am doing either a hemi or a diesel.

I didn't plan on changing out the transfer case unless I needed too.

Ball joints would be a must with the added weight of a diesel if I went that route.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Granite Guru

Thats some serious miles on an 07 JK. Might be highest mileage one yet. I couldn't imagine paying over 10 for that with that type of mileage.
post #11 of 12 Old 06-24-2011, 03:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

ball joints will def be bad, and it wil prob have clunky steering, the rest will be replaced anyway.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #12 of 12 Old 06-24-2011, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
ball joints will def be bad, and it wil prob have clunky steering, the rest will be replaced anyway.
How would you help the clunky steering? I am trying to get the costs of all the repairs/fixes?

I assume steering shaft and maybe hydraulic steering assist as well since I am already putting on an RK Pro Mid arm kit? Sorry new to jeeps, I come from the sports/classic car world.

Last edited by aggieco03; 06-24-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode