Looking for feedback on the RK 2.5 Stock Mod? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Question Looking for feedback on the RK 2.5 Stock Mod?

Haven't seen anyone talk about this kit and I even used the search function.

I don't want to blow a ton of dough on a lift right now, but, would like added articulation along with the option of a 33 or 35 when I upgrade my tires. From what I have seen so far everyone has good things to say about Rock Krawler stuff so this seems like a good deal for a basic lift.

So, anyone have this or know anyone who has this who can comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

There are quite a few people running this lift on the forum.

I have the 2.5" Max Travel on my two door with Bilstein 5100 series shocks and 37s. When I initially installed it I didn't put the arms in just so I could see how it handled and give feedback in a situation such as this.

It handled "OK" in my opinion, but I think you're going to be happier if you at least get front lower control arms to start with. If you can squeeze the extra money in right now I would go with the Max Travel. If you can't, get the stock mod and then come back for the other parts as money allows or you see fit. If you had a 4 door I'd say the Stock Mod is just fine.

Here are some photos of mine with only the springs, shocks, track bar, and rear bracket installed. My lack of fenders makes it look a little crazier than it really is.

The blue Jeep in this photo is on a 2.5" Stock Mod with 35" MTRs and Bushwackers and belongs to Jeep2.0 here on the forum.

Here he is on the ramp up at Tribe 4x4 after he got his gears done:

Here is another RCO customer, Fishgutz, with the 2.5" Max Travel on his Unlimited with 37" TrXus MTs on 17x8 steel wheels. He also has Poison Spyder flares.

If you've got questions about the install or anything like that let me know!

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Marcus, Thank you! That gives me a good idea of what I'm looking at as far as stance and articulation. Looks capable for the money. I like that they include disconnection into their sway links, that makes me !

You obviously sell RK, and I've seen a whole bunch of positive feedback on here regarding you and your shop. Please PM me some real world prices on both the stock mod and max travel with shipping to 85326 please?

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 04:45 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Marcus, Thank you! That gives me a good idea of what I'm looking at as far as stance and articulation. Looks capable for the money. I like that they include disconnection into their sway links, that makes me !

You obviously sell RK, and I've seen a whole bunch of positive feedback on here regarding you and your shop. Please PM me some real world prices on both the stock mod and max travel with shipping to 85326 please?
I'll be more than happy to do that.

Hopefully some of these guys running the kit will pop in and post their thoughts.

If you want some wheeling shots I know that JKTimmay has some threads here of his Max Travel in action.

I'm drawing blanks but I know there are other members who have the lift on their Jeep and are wheeling it hard. I have yet to find a weekend to take mine out and beat on it.

Marcus

post #5 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 06:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

DO IT! Great kit. I switched from a TF coil/shock to RK coil w/ bilsten. I like the RK rides better, but that could be the shocks.

Haven't taken it out yet as I just put it together this weekend so I need to flex it.

Plus RK is on here all the time offering help and have great customer service. I don't think you can go wrong.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #6 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned

Do it. I'm running this kit with 275/70R18 (about 33.5" x 11") goodforayear duratracs. Digging my setup so far.

The nice part is that not only is RK a solid company with a decent presence here and on other boards, but the kit is INCREDIBLY simple to install. Think it took us three guys, some hand tools, four jack stands, two jacks, and a case of to get mine installed. And I'm a complete tard.

Highly recommend this setup.

post #7 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Rock God

I can vouch for what Dancin Dan said, I was there when it was installed and the kit looked awesome.

Jersey

Crew
post #8 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

i love mine. the kit is awesome and the improvement of ride quality on and offroad is awesome compared to stock. i think it was worth every dollar.

Steel Blue 07 2dr
"Its the A.M bitches, its time for donuts!"
Jersey
Crew
post #9 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

Mine's the Blue Unlimited. Love the lift kit - rides well, handles well. If I had to do it over again, I'd definitely add the control arms (i.e. max travel) - bought some to add myself...the alignment (caster) needs a little help to keep it from being too squirrely on the highway.

In short, it's a great kit, but should be considered a starting point, not an end point.

2011 5.3L GM LC9 Aluminum LS V8 Conversion w/ Custom Dyno Tune
Aluminum Genright Bumpers Front & Rear - Aluminum Nemesis Rockers
PR44/RCV/Reid Front - Superior Rear - ORF Front / Poly Rear Cage - ORF Tire Carrier
RK 3.5" Springs - Fox 2.0 Adjustable Shocks - JKS Arms & Trackbars - Poly Steering
post #10 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

I have yet to hear a bad reveiw of this kit....i got this kit w/ 35's and bilsteins 5100's......some trimming of the fenders and pinch seam, brake line extension brackets, sway bar links front and rear and this thing is money...more than enough flex for me...the ride is super nice and Rock Krawler nad Marcus are my two favorite finds in teh JK world !!!

hands down....my best investment yet.... PROOF !!!

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #11 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Wheeler

Love to see a pic of this lift on a JKU with 35's and stock fenders. I agree though, I've yet to find a negative comment on RK's stuff.
post #12 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I'll find the one of Jeff's rig with stock fenders...BRB

Marcus

post #13 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

hey....mine are stock....just a little cut....

why let the stock fenders be your limiting factor in flexing this kit out.... mine will rest right on the tub when fully flexed...

look at the above pic...would have lost a few inches with the stock fender...

which I learned the hard way anfter about fiive fender clipes flew off in different directions in multiple peices...

(max travel upgrade is in the future...once i get my wheels and front axle where they need to be !!!)

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...

Last edited by Asmmns; 06-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.
post #14 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 09:19 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Stock flares, 2.5" Stock Mod, 35" MTR/Ks on 17" Pro Comps:

post #15 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I'm sold on the Stock Mod now. Would really like the 2.5 Max Travel, but, I'm pretty sure it's outside my price range. I'm gathering it's about a thousand give or take. The Stock Mod after shocks will come in around what TF and Rough Country go for with shocks. I believe the Bilsteins will be my damper of choice, always have been a fan. The RRD's look money, but probably are money too. You guys have been very helpful, I'm shooting for the RK kit now.

Is there any additional goodies I should factor in, such as, shock adaptation until I buy the Bilsteins (will be using stock dampers for a little while) additional brackets, or other items that would be an issue during install?

Quote:
post #16 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Here's mine with stock fenders before I added arms...

x2 on adding the arms if you can find the money now. It was a HUGE improvement in ride quality

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #17 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 10:10 AM
JKO Addict!

i LOVE mine... i'm rocking the 2.5 stock mod, with AEV Front control arm brackets, rancho RS9000xl shocks (probably soon to be for sale) and teraflex bump stops.

When i add the rubi 44's i'm going coilovers up front as well... should be an interesting setup.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #18 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 AM
JKowners Vendor

Thanks for the positive feed back guys. The 2.5" Stock Mod is really our version of a "starter kit". The 2.5" Max. Travel and 3.5" X Factor Systems are our best sellers with the 3.5" Mid Arm Flex System coming in third. It seems that people when it comes to Rock Krawler, don't really think basic kits. They typically go for something more....

However, the 2.5" Stock Mod system is a great building platform, with the progressive rate front coils, HD front track bar and everything else, you can easily add components and make improvements.

RK
post #19 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 03:10 PM
JKO Addict!

I love mine! I have the max travel on my 2 door and the stock mod on my 4 door, both with Bilstien shocks.

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #20 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Rock God

Garage

I've been involved in installing 3 of the stock mods and a max travel and while I don't personally run the RK, I wish I did. The kits were def user friendly and when Dancin Dan says that he had no problem he really didn't with everyone's help, just a problem with the front bumper. All parts seemed top notch and I run with the guys who have them and they have nothing but good things to say about them. As far as RK goes, I will be using their products for my wife's Liberty and I'm pretty confident that I will like that too.

aka- Brian

08' JKU on 38's... parted out and SOLD
13' JKU Rubi... On HOLD, 04' LJ to suppliment
Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions
post #21 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Oh BTW I also got mine from Marcus. His prices are hard to beat. His costumer service is unmatched!

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #22 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Rock God

I guess I'll chime in to. I'm running the stock mod with bilstein 5100s and I don't have a bad thing to say about it. I picked mine up from Anthony at wsoffroad. If you can I would wait and do the shocks at the same time that way there's no chance of blowin one up from over extending it. Jeremy at RK is top notch real good guy to deal with... They will certainly be getting more of my money in the future.

2008 Detonator 2Dr. 6 Sp.
Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

Crew
post #23 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 08:29 AM
JKowners Vendor

That is alot of green, and we don't just mean the Jeep.

RK
post #24 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post

And I'm assuming those are 35's? That sits nicely with the stock mod lift. Do you have a full size spare on the back?
post #25 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Question 37's and 2.5 lift?

I am waiting on my Harley to sell so I can by a new lift. I had my mind on the basic 3.5 RK kit because I want to run 37's. I see that some of you are running 37's with a 2.5 lift. Is the max travel 2.5 taller than 2.5 inches? I want to keep my center of gravity low as we all do. I am planning on later in the year getting new fenders. Should I get the 3.5 or the 2.5? I have a 6 speed 2 door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode