ABS light flashing - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Exclamation ABS light flashing

So at lunch today I went out to the jeep to escape the heat and soak up some A/C,when I went to start it in just cranked half a revolution and stopped.It has been doing this a for a month or so,but I would just cycle the key and it would fire up..not this time.I called a friend who is a jeep tech and he knew what it was right away and they had the part in stock (wireless control module).I got the jeep fired up by discharging the system and drove up to get it fixed.After he fixed the the wireless control module he said to me you have some re flashes to do and he would do them for me great I said.Meanwhile this all being done on the side I am a tech at a Subaru dealer and work with his girlfriend so he said he would hook me up.So after he got done doing all this now the ABS light is flashing and dinging every 2 seconds !!! WTF !!! He told me when I get home the g sensor needed to be calibrated and to drive it in a circle at 2-3 mph in both direction and the light would go out and noise would go away.Well did that and the light is still flashing and dinging at me.He said it is in ABS learning mode.Anyone have any input? i am ready to drive my jeep off a cliff after the half hour ride home with DING DING DING every 2 seconds.

2007 unlimited X
rough country 4" lift
18" KMC Rockstars
superchips flashpaq
1 ton Offset TRE's with 1.5" X .25" wall DOM tubing Tie Rod
1.5" X .25" wall DOM tubing Draglink with 7/8" hiem's
Adam's Front Driveshaft

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-19-2011, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

No one has any input at all?

2007 unlimited X
rough country 4" lift
18" KMC Rockstars
superchips flashpaq
Adam's Front Driveshaft

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Just heard from my dealer friend and he says I have to come up and he has to drive it with the laptop hooked up to fix it.Thanks for all the input.

2007 unlimited X
rough country 4" lift
18" KMC Rockstars
superchips flashpaq
Adam's Front Driveshaft

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 AM
JPK
Rock God

Sounds like you're the first with this particular problem.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 10:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by woomdawg View Post
Just heard from my dealer friend and he says I have to come up and he has to drive it with the laptop hooked up to fix it.Thanks for all the input.
Sorry just caught this thread. I would of suggested a scanner.... I've been thru every dash light available. I have replaced the Colck Spring with new part and the Air Bag.

I fixed my ABS issue with the clock spring and by centering my wheel. There is a great "how to" on this site......

The Project is moving forward.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Banned

Sounds as though your Jeep tech buddy was wrong when he diagnosed it over the phone.

I had a startup issue that turned out to be a crushed fuel line

post #7 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

no no he was right the starting problem was fixed it was after he did all the factory re-flashes that this problem surfaced.right now the jeep is in an "ABS learning state" to calibrate the G-sensor,what he was wrong about was the procedure to calibrate it.He told me it would go out if I went to a big parking lot and drive in big circles at 3-15 mph and that will calibrate it and the light and chime will go out.What he is telling me now is that he has to do it with scan tool hooked up.Crossing my fingers...

2007 unlimited X
rough country 4" lift
18" KMC Rockstars
superchips flashpaq
Adam's Front Driveshaft

post #8 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Antitheft System - Engine No Crank/No Start Condition

NUMBER: 08-007-08 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: July 04,2008

THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 08-007-08, DATED MARCH 04, 2008. THIS IS A COMPLETE REVISION AND NO ASTERISKS HAVE BEEN USED TO HIGHLIGHT REVISIONS.

DO NOT ORDER PART NUMBER 05026070AP UNTIL JULY 21, 2008. ALL OTHER PART NUMBERS ARE AVAILABLE NOW.
SUBJECT:
No Engine Crank Or No Engine Start Due To Electronic Lockup Of The WCM / SKREEM

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves the replacement of the Wireless Control Module (WCM), and if equipped, the replacement of the Electric Steering Column Lock (ELV). The WCM is also referred to as the Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2007 - 2008 (JK) Wrangler

NOTE :This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before May 05, 2008 (MDH 0505XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer will experience a no engine crank AND a no engine start condition. Also, the remote keyless entry (RKE) system will not operate. This condition may be due to an electrostatic discharge (ESD) from the ignition key into the Wireless Control Module (WCM), causing the WCM to electronically lockup. This condition may occur more frequently in dry and/or cold weather conditions where a sufficient electrostatic charge is more easily produced. This condition is corrected by the replacement of the WCM.

2007 unlimited X
rough country 4" lift
18" KMC Rockstars
superchips flashpaq
Adam's Front Driveshaft

post #9 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 12:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
no no he was right the starting problem was fixed it was after he did all the factory re-flashes that this problem surfaced.right now the jeep is in an "ABS learning state" to calibrate the G-sensor,what he was wrong about was the procedure to calibrate it.He told me it would go out if I went to a big parking lot and drive in big circles at 3-15 mph and that will calibrate it and the light and chime will go out.What he is telling me now is that he has to do it with scan tool hooked up.Crossing my fingers...
^^^^^^^^^^^

I bummed a buddies Snap-On scanner and it was really handy for those pesky lights !!! I am still getting a Airbag Light but I have a seat position sensor issue. I Think !!

The Project is moving forward.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
That sounds a lot like the in dash compass reset procedure.

Since you guys are buds, hopefully he aint billin ya for all this.

post #11 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

yea sounds very much like a compass learn I do them everyday at work but this is totally different. I paid him $40.00 to replace the WCM and he got the part at cost wich was $50.00.

2007 unlimited X
rough country 4" lift
18" KMC Rockstars
superchips flashpaq
Adam's Front Driveshaft

post #12 of 13 Old 06-20-2011, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

All fixed !! Thank god !! 2 minutes with the scan tool and one circle round the parking lot and bingo light went and the chime stopped going off.

2007 unlimited X
rough country 4" lift
18" KMC Rockstars
superchips flashpaq
Adam's Front Driveshaft

post #13 of 13 Old 08-16-2016, 10:01 AM
dc

dc

my 2011 JK is doing the same thing constant ABS flashing and a ding every third flash. What type of scan tool did you use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode