Should I go with a 3 linked or 4 linked front end??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-16-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Should I go with a 3 linked or 4 linked front end???

Im looing at the Rock Krawler Long Arm Uprades Kits and I dont know if i should go with the 3 linked front end kit or the 4 linked front end kit? I Do a lot of highway driving but also on the trails every week. Which system do you guys think I should go with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Rock God

4 link

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Rock God

I've driven my Jeep from Ohio to Moab & back; beat on it while out there for 2 weeks, beat on it around here in Ohio, WV, PA, & KY on rocks for 2 years and haven't had an issue with only having 3 links.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 AM
JKowners Vendor

3 Links are cool! Anyone can do 4 Links. LOL....

RK
post #5 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

RK makes some of the best components for the JK. They real world test (Thrash) their products. Three link will give you great articulation and sound suspension drivability.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Rock God

Garage

I see some 3 link recommendations, so maybe you guys will know....

At what point does a 3 link prove beneficial? At what lift height, suspension travel? If I installed one of RK's long arm systems with their coil-overs, either 3.5 or 5.5, would I get any less articulation with the 4 link vs the 3 link? Same question for the rear with their coil springs and shocks.

3 link would be sexy, but is there a real benefit for a street driven rig that sees weekend action?

Chuck
2009 JK Unlimited X, mostly stock with a K&N filter.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I've been running and wheeling my RK 3 link with no issues. Great suspension

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #8 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 02:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Ah both?

As far as I know, there are no additional modifications other than welding in a new passenger side axle end mount for the upper arm (RK - please correct me if otherwise).

Install the three link, run it for a while both and offroad then add the fourth and do the same. Stick with the one you like best.

Just a thought...

(Just a note that I am thinking of the Triple Threat Kit and not the X Factor)
post #9 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 03:07 PM
JKowners Vendor

Real world, the 3 Link with track bar is the only non-binding suspension you can run for conventional steering means (i.e. a drag link). When you add the 4th link, there will be natural binding and more distortion required from the bushings in the arms in order to actually articulate. You will also notice for a given amount of articulation, the body roll is significantly less with a 3 link than it is with a 4 link. As the suspension binds with a 4 link it generates more body roll...

RK
post #10 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Rock God

Ive had the rock krawler triple threat ( four link ) and their x-factor(3-link) .. i gotta say both are great ! but i have the x-factor now and like it even better.. great on and off road.. i would get their x-factor long arm kit.. you will be very happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode