Waterpump Napa?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Waterpump Napa??

Well looks like my waterpump is leaking--- thought I would go ahead and change it...

Anyone got opinions on Napa pumps... Not really wanting the OEM again after reading all the failures.

Greg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Rock God

stick with the stock unit.

I'm sure I'll think of something
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 07:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BDrty View Post
stick with the stock unit.
What reason? Curious..

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Granite Guru

The Napa pumps are made by Gates. They went to them about 3 years ago if I remember correctly. I sell plenty and a defect is few and far between when installed correctly. Its a line I feel confident in no matter what. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

And to sticking with the stock unit. JK's are no more than 3-4 years old max. In this day and age that's premature failure of these parts in my opinion. The JK water pump is not a special unit and is very basic. How many miles at failure??

Last edited by JOHN412; 06-14-2011 at 07:21 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
What reason? Curious..
Sometimes the stock is just the way to go with my past experiance

I'm sure I'll think of something
post #6 of 9 Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Rock God

Garage

Are you sure it's the pump and not just the gasket?

My gasket started leaking and for about $4-5 I got a new gasket from Autozone (ordered and arrived within 2 days). This was about 1 month ago so the price should still be the same. Took a total of 20 minutes to change out.

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_greg View Post
Well looks like my waterpump is leaking--- thought I would go ahead and change it...

Anyone got opinions on Napa pumps... Not really wanting the OEM again after reading all the failures.

Greg

If you have the LTPTW, the water pump is covered.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Oem is the best choice

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #9 of 9 Old 06-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Oem is the best choice

Jason
Not necessarily. Take the factory throw-out bearing for the standard transmission. Complete junk. I had mine replaced at 25k and it started making noise again at 27k.

Also consider the factory throttle control unit. Jeep engineers even admit that it wasn't designed for optimal shifting but to make the acceleration much smoother (see gradual and slow).

Also the factory radiator fan can go bad when it encounters water. A small oversight by Jeep but there are aftermarkets that are almost waterproof.

While factory may be best for some applications (like taillight wiring harnesses) it isn't always the case.

OP: I would go with the NAPA part. I've been to them quite a bit for parts and so have friends of mine. Never had a problem with them and they were always honest with us.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode