Trans cooler package help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-11-2011, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607
Trans cooler package help

I have searched here and elsewhere but cannot find anyone that makes a trans cooler package utilizing AN fittings. Does anyone know of anyone that my offer this, the perferable option would be one of the dual coolers that I can do the transmission and the power steering all in the same cooler with AN fittings, hoses and brackets needed for a somewhat quick easy install. I don't want to have to worry one day in the distant future of a hose seeping or a hose slipping off, I'm all about the install it and get to forget it theory.

Thanks for any help.

I did find some post of guys that pieced it together themselves but obviously they know way more than me on this stuff and I don't want to be all torn down in the driveway either missing parts or the wrong ones. Thanks again!

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
I have searched here and elsewhere but cannot find anyone that makes a trans cooler package utilizing AN fittings. Does anyone know of anyone that my offer this, the perferable option would be one of the dual coolers that I can do the transmission and the power steering all in the same cooler with AN fittings, hoses and brackets needed for a somewhat quick easy install. I don't want to have to worry one day in the distant future of a hose seeping or a hose slipping off, I'm all about the install it and get to forget it theory.

Thanks for any help.

I did find some post of guys that pieced it together themselves but obviously they know way more than me on this stuff and I don't want to be all torn down in the driveway either missing parts or the wrong ones. Thanks again!
Tribe4X4 can customize a dual setup for you. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53384

Post #13
post #3 of 5 Old 06-11-2011, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Yeah I saw that one but thought the size for the power steering seemed over kill along with the hose clamps. I will pm or call them on Monday to see what they offer. Before I posted this they seemed to be the only ones doing anything like this but I figured I would ask of knowledge of other companies and options. Thanks.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

Rob, I thought about this myself but I can't help but wonder if it would be better to run separate coolers. The way I look at it is if you have two fluids running in separate passes in a cooler one of the fluids is going to heat the other up. Sure, they will be cooled off some in the cooler but thinking as a typical exchanger works heat exchange will take place between the two fluids. So, yes they will both be cooled but I can't help but think that separate coolers would be more efficient as you won't have the latent heat between the fluids.

I'm thinking I'm going to run a plate fin cooler for the power steering and a typical fin adn tube for the trans.

Either way, let me know what you find out. I'll come give you a hand as I need to rig up both on mine anyway (esp with my hydro assist in the making) and could use a littel "practice".
post #5 of 5 Old 06-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Rock God

Garage

I've had good luck w/ Earl's coolers in the past. AN is all they make. While they don't offer a kit like you mentioned, they have many sizes with similar form factors & you can get a small one & a larger one, all with the same mounting dimension.

http://www.holley.com/types/Temp-A-C...%20Coolers.asp

2011 5.3L GM LC9 Aluminum LS V8 Conversion w/ Custom Dyno Tune
Aluminum Genright Bumpers Front & Rear - Aluminum Nemesis Rockers
PR44/RCV/Reid Front - Superior Rear - ORF Front / Poly Rear Cage - ORF Tire Carrier
RK 3.5" Springs - Fox 2.0 Adjustable Shocks - JKS Arms & Trackbars - Poly Steering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode