Poison Spyder Customs to Compete In and Support New Classes at 2012 King of the Hamme - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Poison Spyder Customs to Compete In and Support New Classes at 2012 King of the Hamme

Poison Spyder Customs announces a 4-point plan for involvement in next year's King of the Hammers races, with special emphasis on the brand new "Stock" and "Modified" classes. "We had great success last year with the JKOH racer," says Poison Spyder's president Larry McRae, "but we're excited about the opportunities that are opening up with these new classes." Through the following initiatives Poison Spyder Customs plans to fully support the new classes, as well as provide assistance to as many class participants as possible:

Poison Spyder's "BFH Racer" Entry in Modified Class
Poison Spyder Customs will put its full weight behind its own racing effort in the new Modified class of King Of The Hammers. Champion rockcrawler and veteran King of the Hammers driver Larry McRae will pilot an all new race vehicle purpose-built for the 2012 KOH. Based on the current model Jeep JK Wrangler, the new racer will be dubbed the "BFH Racer", after Poison Spyder's proprietary "Built For the Hammers" branded product line. Product manufacturers and other organizations interested in participating in the BFH Racer project are encouraged to contact Poison Spyder to discuss co-marketing opportunities. Last year's JKOH build was a huge promotional boon to all who were involved, and the BFH project looks to be even better!
Poison Spyder Seeks Marketing Partner to compete in Stock Class
In addition to the BFH Racer in the Modified class, Poison Spyder seeks to partner with a second driver and vehicle in the new Stock class of the 2012 King of the Hammers. The Stock class will be a great showcase for the Poison Spyder product line, and the company is seeking marketing proposals from dedicated drivers and teams looking to competitively field a Jeep Wrangler in this new class. Interested parties are encouraged to contact Poison Spyder Customs via email at [email protected] for more information and to submit proposals.
Poison Spyder To Offer Racer Pricing to King Of The Hammers Participants
In an effort to encourage widespread participation in the two new classes, Poison Spyder will be offering Racer Pricing to qualified race teams intending to compete in the 2012 King of the Hammers and other major rock sports events in the coming season. Details of the program will be published soon, but in broad strokes it will consist of a tiered discount structure on Poison Spyder products based on event participation and level of Poison Spyder product representation.
Poison Spyder Contingency Program for King Of The Hammers
As a way to reward all participants, even those not otherwise partnered with Poison Spyder Customs, the company will be implementing a generous contingency program for the 2012 King of the Hammers. Class winners sporting designated Poison Spyder stickers, as well as Poison Spyder products on their race vehicle, will earn a substantial cash payout from Poison Spyder Customs. Details of the Contingency Program will be published soon.
With these four separate programs, Poison Spyder Customs seeks to be the premiere presence among Jeep aftermarket manufacturers at the 2012 King of the Hammers. "We're involved in King of the Hammers for two reasons," McRae explains, "First of all, its damned fun and we couldn't imagine being anywhere else on those dates. But just as importantly, there's no better showcase for Poison Spyder Customs, what our company stands for, and the products we manufacture."

ABOUT KING OF THE HAMMERS: The 2012 King of the Hammers races will be held February 6 through 10, 2012 in Johnson Valley, CA. For more information about King of the Hammers, see http://www.ultra4racing.com

ABOUT POISON SPYDER CUSTOMS: Poison Spyder Customs has been at the forefront of off-road innovation since its inception. From its Banning, California facilities Poison Spyder Customs designs, manufactures and markets a growing line of off-road accessories and performance modifications for Jeep® vehicles. The majority of its sales are made through an extensive dealer network, and the company maintains a high visibility among off-road enthusiasts through heavy participation in off-road events, clubs and online enthusiast forums. For more information about Poison Spyder Customs, see http://www.poisonspyder.com

A PDF version of this Press Release for offline viewing, downloading and printing may be found at http://poisonspyder.com/assets/press...H-Programs.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MannyLx450

SO AWESOMEEEE ! ! ! !

Your Rigid Industries Source

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PH: 754-201-58-48
post #3 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MannyLx450

Email Sent

Your Rigid Industries Source

PH: 754-201-58-48
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Dusty, when's your cage being released?

JKUS Sort of
post #5 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
Dusty, when's your cage being released?
I don't know yet. We'll post up in the appropriate thread when we have news on it.
post #6 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 03:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
I don't know yet. We'll post up in the appropriate thread when we have news on it.
No worries.

JKUS Sort of
post #7 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Rock God

Garage

Very cool PSC! Way to promote the grassroots racer and help insure the success of the new classes!

Bill

post #8 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Somebody supply the rig, support resources and team and I will drive. You don't even have to pay me!

Hundy will be my spotter!

Very cool to see the King of the Hammers bring a part of the race back down to the level of us mere mortals and cheers for PSC for going above and beyond to support it!
post #9 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 11:08 PM
JKowners Vendor

Message sent. Thanks to Larry and Poison Spyder for suporting this forum and for offering their support to other competitors.
post #10 of 15 Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Rock God

It’s our pleasure. This is something we’re passionate about. This event is a great way to test and prove our product and we want everyone to have a chance to take part in it. It will most likely be the most grueling yet most fun thing most of us ever get to do.

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #11 of 15 Old 06-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Rock God

I was so excited for these new classes until I saw you have to have the same safety mods as the big boys. Man if I could afford to set my JK up I'd be on it! Being my DD and still paying on it is kinda in the way of racing it Need to win the lotto damn it!

Larry, it's awsome to see you guys getting out there, thanks for looking out for your customers!

Mike

Last edited by lamar95x4; 06-10-2011 at 10:08 PM.
post #12 of 15 Old 06-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Rock God

Great opportunity to develop the Poison Spyder JK KOH skid system.
post #13 of 15 Old 06-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamar95x4 View Post
I was so excited for these new classes until I saw you have to have the same safety mods as the big boys. Man if I could afford to set my JK up I'd be on it! Being my DD and still paying on it is kinda in the way of racing it Need to win the lotto damn it!

Larry, it's awsome to see you guys getting out there, thanks for looking out for your customers!

Mike
The JKOH was designed to meet the safety requirements, but with the ability to put it back to 'stock'. The problem was...it's too fun in its current configuration so we never changed it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerblackout08 View Post
Great opportunity to develop the Poison Spyder JK KOH skid system.
We had one on the JKOH last year, but we're making a few changes for this year. Because the rules require a fuel cell, (factory gas tank is removed) the KOH skids are different than the skid system we're developing for production. Both are very tough though.
Thanks,

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #14 of 15 Old 06-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglar View Post
The JKOH was designed to meet the safety requirements, but with the ability to put it back to 'stock'. The problem was...it's too fun in its current configuration so we never changed it back.
Is there a Lazer-fit JK cage coming out soon to fill that requirement?

Mike
post #15 of 15 Old 06-13-2011, 08:33 PM
-T-
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglar View Post
It’s our pleasure. This is something we’re passionate about. This event is a great way to test and prove our product and we want everyone to have a chance to take part in it. It will most likely be the most grueling yet most fun thing most of us ever get to do.

I laugh, I smile, I bounce..............JEEP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode