What is it worth? 2009 2dr Rubicon - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 06-05-2011, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

What is it worth? 2009 2dr Rubicon

Not sure if this is the right forum, or if it's for JK Discussion.

I'm just looking to judge what my Wrangler is worth on the market today.

2009 JK Wrangler Rubicon
One Owner
6-speed manual
4:10 ring pinion/stock driveline
Manual windows, Manual locks
Soft top only
33,000 miles

Accessories/mods
12,000lb Smittybilt winch
Poison Spyder BFH w/Comp stinger bumper
Poison Spyder Evap Can Skid
Poison Spyder rocker/body armor (not pictured yet)
B.C.C Rock Sliders
Hella off-road lights
mesh grille insert
sway bar motor flipped
steering stabilizer flipped
Rubicon Unlimited Coil Springs
Rough Country 2.5" Coil Spacer lift
OR-Fab Front bolt-in cage, with floor mount
Poly Performance rear weld-in cage
Spidershade bikini top
35" BFG Km2s on stock wheels with spacers (50% tread)
Smittybilt XRC rear bumper with tire swing + Hilift/mount
24v LED Trucklite Headlights
LED rock lights
Daystar switch panel
Cobra 29 peaked/tuned CB with firestik antenna
Superchips Tuner
Cut stock fenders
Riddler front and rear diff covers
Axle mount gussets
Poly Performance "C" gussets
HID retrofitted front fog lights

...I think thats about it. The rig has been daily driven and wheeled. It's been off-roaded fairly extensively, but not "abused" off-road I'd say. Never broken anything on it. Cosmetically and mechanically it needs nothing. Interior carpet could use replacing.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 06-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I'm going to move this to Gen Disc......No feeler threads in For Sale section.

I think you have a sweet looking JK. No idea what it's worth though. Good luck if you decide to sell.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 26 Old 06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you don't mind my asking, what are you looking to get if you sell? Your Jeep is one of my favorites.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 06-05-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Corners View Post
Looking to move UP to a 4 DOOR???
Well technically yes. Quad cab cummins and a fishing boat potentially. I have my cuda, jeep, and want a nice boat and truck. Unfortunately those are three very expensive hobbies, Texas off roading scene is not as appealing as the fishing scene to me. Just thinkin out loud really

Sent via paper airplane

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #5 of 26 Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I would start at whatever kbb says plus about 5 k if you are going to sell it privately. Kind of a high number but you never know if u get the right buyer you can make a lot on these things, I see it all the time by me. If you are thinking of.trading it in you won't get nearly what you are looking for as you already know.

Would hate to see you go though. I'll even admit I have thought about selling once or twice...
post #6 of 26 Old 06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Clayton
Gilmer
Barnwell
K2
(that new one- whatever it's called)

IDK- I know what you mean. I'm sure T Wheeling is nothing like where you were.......still. Just hoping you don't stray too far from the forum. I know a lot of people also appreciate your content on here. Gotta do what's best I guess.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #7 of 26 Old 06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Goody I think the Texas heat and humidity have gotten to you. The wheeling here isn't like it is out west but it has it's perks.

I've had the boats and plenty of Jeeps. As much as I would enjoy having another boat in the back of my mind I know once I've got one and I'm paying for storage and trying to find time to use it again ill feel differently.

Do something to the JK and stick it out. You need a refresher mod in my opinion.

You cant use the boat in the winter...you can wrench on that Jeep any time of year.

Sent from my cellular communication device.

post #8 of 26 Old 06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

It looks like us Dallas area boys are gonna have to do an intervention. We canít let a guy with your technical knowledge and skill get away!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #9 of 26 Old 06-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Kev, Stub. Looks like we're going to have to kidnap him and have his intervention at either The Pink Condeaux or the La Kiva Lounge in Terlingua and then drag his ass to big bend ranch state park.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #10 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Do something to the JK and stick it out. You need a refresher mod in my opinion.

You cant use the boat in the winter...you can wrench on that Jeep any time of year.

Sent from my cellular communication device.
True, the boat isn't so much fun in the winter. However I have about $15,000 spent in my head that needs to go into this that I can work on in the winter . I've had it for almost seven years now and really need to put time/effort into getting this to where I want it.

The distance to off-road I find annoying. 4hrs each way to Clayton isn't appealing to me to go beat on my Jeep. That somewhat crosses my comfort zone to drive my rig that far, which having a 2009 daily driver/trailer queen is ridiculous! I don't have the time or desire to really spend an entire weekend wheelin' either. Going to weekly "cruise-ins" in my Jeep doesn't quite get me my fix. Back "home" it was working on peoples rigs after work throughout the week, night runs after work, a run...if not two on the weekends, always something on someones rig to help with. Hitting the trail wasn't really a thought, grab your stuff and go.

It's not that I don't like the Jeep anymore. It's just something we are considering. I'll be 24 in September and have the 'Cuda that needs a ton of money dumped into it, $26k or so of Jeep/daily driver, want a diesel pickup, and a boat. Somethings gotta give! Let alone the 2dr isn't going to be too fun with kids within the next couple years.

post #11 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Corners View Post
more like a

Won't be "soon" by any means. Solid year if not two, I'm just curious on what it's worth today...which I've got one reply on so far

post #12 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Damn!!! Your only 24 with that 'cuda!!! Props out to ya buddy!!! My best friend growing up got a '70 mach1, 351 cleveland, shaker hood the whole nine yards fully restore mint condition, old school blue with the original style black striping. Now it sits in a shed in center point Texas letting the mice eat the wiring and god knows what else. Spoiled bastard, anyway...

I had a boat, as long as you keep yours in fresh water and take care of it like you did your jeep you will be stellar, once it goes in salt water it is all down hill from there, keeping up with a salt water boat requires a ton more maintenance, and thorough cleaning. My neighbor just took his boat in for the 400 hour service (boat is 5years old) and they put it on another trailer so he could bring his home to work on it. He has been working on it for four days replacing the all the leaf springs and both axles, one axle has brakes so those had to be replaced as well.

You see where I'm going... They can be money pits as well, then all your friends that say they will pitch in for gas??? Yeah right maybe 20 bucks or so at the most and they never stick around to help clean the boat afterwards. I had a 325 gallon tank and 32' of boat to clean, it sucks to clean by yourself after 8-12 hours fishing off shore!!!

Either way have fun with whatever path you chose!

You could add a supercharger to the Jk to make it a tow vehicle...

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #13 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
Damn!!! Your only 24 with that 'cuda!!! Props out to ya buddy!!! My best friend growing up got a '70 mach1, 351 cleveland, shaker hood the whole nine yards fully restore mint condition, old school blue with the original style black striping. Now it sits in a shed in center point Texas letting the mice eat the wiring and god knows what else. Spoiled bastard, anyway...

I had a boat, as long as you keep yours in fresh water and take care of it like you did your jeep you will be stellar, once it goes in salt water it is all down hill from there, keeping up with a salt water boat requires a ton more maintenance, and thorough cleaning. My neighbor just took his boat in for the 400 hour service (boat is 5years old) and they put it on another trailer so he could bring his home to work on it. He has been working on it for four days replacing the all the leaf springs and both axles, one axle has brakes so those had to be replaced as well.

You see where I'm going... They can be money pits as well, then all your friends that say they will pitch in for gas??? Yeah right maybe 20 bucks or so at the most and they never stick around to help clean the boat afterwards. I had a 325 gallon tank and 32' of boat to clean, it sucks to clean by yourself after 8-12 hours fishing off shore!!!

Either way have fun with whatever path you chose!

You could add a supercharger to the Jk to make it a tow vehicle...
Thanks, actually I bought the 'Cuda when I was 17 for $7,000. Daily drove it for two years in Las Vegas, wife and I dated in that car, she'd set the Jeep on fire before I sold the 'Cuda

I absolutely know how "boats work" and how most seem to sit after the first summer of use. My father owned a boat sales/service store as I grew up in Southern California. However, I have two lakes within 15 minutes of me and am a fishin' fool! They can easily be a money pit, bass fishing in itself is an expensive sport...which is why "one toy will have to go". My wife will also head to the lake with me, where as now she has no interest to off-road, which I can't blame her for. My father-in-law who is moving just north of us will also fish with me, it's a little more "family friendly" of an activity over wheelin'. Boat would never see saltwater!

As far as the Jeep being a tow vehicle, thats a possibility. It probably could tow a 17' Tracker, however the wheelbase is just miserable for towing, to me. $5k on a Supercharger isn't very realistic to toss at the Jeep. It would still would suck when I have kids as well! I love owning and driving the Jeep, however nothing replaces the kick in the pants I get driving my 'Cuda around. I have plans for it to get a new Hemi driveline, rebuild it to how I want, and literally drive the wheels off it. I am not one to sit around and polish on my car, bring on the rock chips, the car will be hitting the road.

Last edited by Goodysgotacuda; 06-06-2011 at 06:13 AM.
post #14 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Rock God

Garage

Talk your father in law into buying a boat....then use his.

Chuck
2009 JK Unlimited X, mostly stock with a K&N filter.
post #15 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Hey Chuck, I was thinking this morning about who close to me needs a bass boat. I figured you would be the best candidate, want to head to bass pro this weekend and check out boats? You can keep it at my place.

Sent via paper airplane

post #16 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to LS6TT

Mike, good to know im not the only local looking to sell, with the mods you have, trade in wouldnt be on your radar sadly. Dealer offered me 19 on my trade (pass), i havent looked up what others are selling my year and miles for just yet (2010 with 25K).

On a side note, lets get together and do some fishing, I have spots all around my apartment in coppell (sand bass 3-4lb mostly, lots of perch and crappie), only place around my house in saginaw is the lake, but you definatly need a boat.

-Alex
2010 2dr Sport | 2.5" BB Lift with 4dr Springs | More to come
post #17 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Goody, I think I found a solution to your problem.

post #18 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Granite Guru

Mike I will personally sink that if you do it.

-Alex
post #19 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Hey Chuck, I was thinking this morning about who close to me needs a bass boat. I figured you would be the best candidate, want to head to bass pro this weekend and check out boats? You can keep it at my place.

Sent via paper airplane
LOL...I came to the conclusion years ago, that the best boat, is a friend's boat. I'll chip in for gas money.

Chuck
post #20 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6TT View Post
Mike, good to know im not the only local looking to sell, with the mods you have, trade in wouldnt be on your radar sadly. Dealer offered me 19 on my trade (pass), i havent looked up what others are selling my year and miles for just yet (2010 with 25K).

On a side note, lets get together and do some fishing, I have spots all around my apartment in coppell (sand bass 3-4lb mostly, lots of perch and crappie), only place around my house in saginaw is the lake, but you definatly need a boat.
I've got a small lake at my place that I fish. I have a 14' Jon boat that I use. It's unregistered so it needs to stay on private water, but I've done pretty decently out of it lately. Trolling motor and a basic fish finder on it.

post #21 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Granite Guru

i sent you a text with what the dealer just sent me numbers wise.

-Alex
post #22 of 26 Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I think I am ill, I've had some Poison Spyder armor in my garage for the better part of 3-4 weeks now.

post #23 of 26 Old 07-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
I think I am ill, I've had some Poison Spyder armor in my garage for the better part of 3-4 weeks now.
I was wondering about this over the weekend. Let's get that stuff on there!

Chuck
post #24 of 26 Old 07-07-2011, 08:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

This is what KBB says.

Name:  jk value.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  23.3 KB

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #25 of 26 Old 07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Rock God

Garage

I wouldn't get rid of the jeep just to get a boat, and thats coming from an AVID saltwater fisherman... If you are just a bass fisherman why not just look around and find you a good deal on a reasonably priced aluminum boat... Hell my first boat was an 18' deep and wide jon boat with a 50hp on it that I payed $1500 for. You could easily pull an aluminum boat around with that jeep and not have the need for a truck... I now have an 06 Gulf Coast LS 20' that for grins I've pulled with my JK just to see if it would ok. It tows it alright, but not near as well as my 1 ton duramax! Either way, before I sold the jeep I'd at least talk to you father in law (if he is going to be close to you) about maybe even going in on a partnership on the boat... I typically don't like boat partnerships as I did it ONCE on a 28' World Cat but with family, and an open mind, it could save both of you a ton of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode