Mail man drives a jeep. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Mail man drives a jeep.

I just bought my first house and found out that my mail man drives a JK. The steering wheel was on the opposite side so I asked him if it was a company car. He said its his but they paid for almost all of it. Is this true?

Last edited by gthegato; 10-25-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 11:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

No idea, I don't know the guy. You should ask him to elaborate. A friend of ours works for the postal service and I think they pay them a mileage rate for personal mail vehicles. Maybe that's how they paid for it mostly.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I think I'll ask him next time I see him. Problem is he's always zipping down my street at 45 mph and doesn't ring the door bell when he delivers packages. I just happened to be going to work when he showed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

He's probably a Rural Route Letter Carrier.

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Is it even legal to drive with the steering wheel on the opposite side if you're not working?
post #6 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Rock God

Yes its legal, my old boss's best friend imported a right hand drive nissan silvia. That silvia was a bad ass machine let me tell ya, He let me take it for a spin in an old abandon wall mart parking lot. DAMN that thing was fucking sweet. You would be surprised how quickly your body adapts to shifting left handed, that is assuming you know how to drive standard shift to begin with.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
post #7 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

We have been selling them in the US since 2005!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Wheeler

Yep, it happens. When I bought my first JK I was looking to get a Steel Blue. Walked up to one on the lot and the steering wheel was on opposite side...I was like wtf. The salesmen told me about how they sale them to the postal carriers and stuff. Also, all of those I have seen have been 2wd.

2014 Anvil 2 door
post #9 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1EHARD View Post
Yep, it happens. When I bought my first JK I was looking to get a Steel Blue. Walked up to one on the lot and the steering wheel was on opposite side...I was like wtf. The salesmen told me about how they sale them to the postal carriers and stuff. Also, all of those I have seen have been 2wd.
The 2wd's were from 2007-2010

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #10 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Correct !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
No idea, I don't know the guy. You should ask him to elaborate. A friend of ours works for the postal service and I think they pay them a mileage rate for personal mail vehicles. Maybe that's how they paid for it mostly.
^^^^

Correct or so much for the rural route they run....

The Project is moving forward.
post #11 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Wheeler

lots of mailpersons have jeeps. Jeeps are known for this. I sold my stock 32s to a mail lady. she drives on limestone all day and gets about 20k to a set of tires. Mail people started using jeeps more when the TJ came out because the jeep became more comfortable and Jeep offered the right hand driver seat.

2009 Red JK
post #12 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 02:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Think they would pay for a lift and tires if he runs dirt roads. I need a new job.

Official sponsor of the Jersey
Crew

"Wasn't Me I was in Sweetwater"
post #13 of 13 Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Rock God

RHD Jeeps pop up on ebay all the time. I've even seen rhd Cherokees.

Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock Krawler Synergy JKS LoD Goodyear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode