poly brackets with 2.5 tera! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-26-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

poly brackets with 2.5 tera!

ok guys here's the question:would the poly per. trackbar brackets (fr+rr axle end)work with my tera 2.5in coil lift?
let me specify;I have the 2.5in specially design for the 2dr,so the amount of lift is actually 2-3/4 in the front,2-1/2 in the back,
now poly tells me the you should use a minimum of a 3in bump stop in the front to avoid the contact of the trackbar with the lower frame rail in the front
and a minimum of 2in bump stop in the back.
so does anyone have experience with this brackets touching the bottom of the
frame with a 2.5in lift?
and what about the drag link flip that goes with the front bracket,will
this touch the frame?
thanks everybody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-26-2011, 04:03 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

They recommend it because it will hit the frame. You can start with 3" of bump stop, flex it, and remove as necessary.

They are compensating to ensure that you will NOT have issues after installing the parts. If you come out being able to use 2" of bump stop instead of 3 then that's a good thing.

I have a customer that I posted about in another thread similar to this one that is on a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift and he took 1" of bump stop out with the Poly hi-steer kit. He's got frame/axle brackets in the front and rear without any clearance issues.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thank you marcus!
I have the teraflex bumpstop,front and rear,I think I'll be fine but I want to make sure before ordering everything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-26-2011, 06:31 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow rubicon View Post
thank you marcus!
I have the teraflex bumpstop,front and rear,I think I'll be fine but I want to make sure before ordering everything!
You should be ok! If anything throw a little more lift/bump stop on there and carry on! Ha ha!

If you need help with the Poly stuff let me know, I can answer your questions and help you with a good deal.

Marcus

post #5 of 5 Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks a lot!
I will let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode