which jeep should i buy? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

which jeep should i buy?

hey guys help me out. tomrrow I am going to deposit on a Jeep then take it home on June 1st.
I am having hard time to decide.
theres two jeep to decide...

1. 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4 DR Rubi that has 68,295 miles on it and its clean no history accident or etc. and its 20,950 out of door with soft top

or

2. 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4 DR Sahara that has 46,790 miles on it and its clean also with no history of accidents or etc. and its 21,950 out of door with hard top (I am not fan of hard top. I will prob sell the hard top)

Which one I should pick ?
and yes both are 4 wheel drive. and both of them are bone stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 05-25-2011, 10:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Unless you really want painted flares, I say rubi

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #3 of 30 Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I dont care about the painted flares. but why will u pick rubi over sahara? thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
Unless you really want painted flares, I say rubi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Rock God

Assuming you plan on only mild mods- I'd go for the Rubi! Though the mileage is higher, you are getting locking f/r diffs, a 4:1 t-case, mud terrains, 17" wheels (cheaper to get tires for than the Sahara's 18"s), and of course- the Rubicon stickers on the hood, LOL!

If you plan on swapping to beefier axles anyway, I'd be tempted to go Sahara for the lower miles on the engine/trans/t-case, and the pretty color matched flares!

EDIT: just noticed your question of why buy a Rubi- the reason is because it is more offroad capable in stock trim due to the above mentioned attributes.
post #5 of 30 Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You big brawly guys that talk about pretty flares crack me up!

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #6 of 30 Old 05-25-2011, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

mild or heavy on mods. I am still not sure only money and time will tell. I guess I will go for the Rubi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADERJKU View Post
Assuming you plan on only mild mods- I'd go for the Rubi! Though the mileage is higher, you are getting locking f/r diffs, a 4:1 t-case, mud terrains, 17" wheels (cheaper to get tires for than the Sahara's 18"s), and of course- the Rubicon stickers on the hood, LOL!

If you plan on swapping to beefier axles anyway, I'd be tempted to go Sahara for the lower miles on the engine/trans/t-case, and the pretty color matched flares!

EDIT: just noticed your question of why buy a Rubi- the reason is because it is more offroad capable in stock trim due to the above mentioned attributes.
post #7 of 30 Old 05-25-2011, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

One more thing. is the price right to buy rubi for 20,950 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChips View Post
hey guys help me out. tomrrow I am going to deposit on a Jeep then take it home on June 1st.
I am having hard time to decide.
theres two jeep to decide...

1. 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4 DR Rubi that has 68,295 miles on it and its clean no history accident or etc. and its 20,950 out of door with soft top

or

2. 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4 DR Sahara that has 46,790 miles on it and its clean also with no history of accidents or etc. and its 21,950 out of door with hard top (I am not fan of hard top. I will prob sell the hard top)

Which one I should pick ?
and yes both are 4 wheel drive. and both of them are bone stock.
post #8 of 30 Old 05-25-2011, 11:57 PM
JKO Addict!

I'd say yes n no..it's high milage yes but I wouldnt be surprised if you got them down to 18.5 otd. I think there's room to play with the number.. make sure you check how the lockers are working..swaybar disconnect and in n out of 4wheel also check the skid plates that's how you can tell if somone wheeled the snot out of it or not...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites

Last edited by nootherride; 05-26-2011 at 12:00 AM.
post #9 of 30 Old 05-25-2011, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

ok will do that keep in my mind. many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post
I'd say yes n no..it's high milage yes but I wouldnt be surprised if you got them down to 18.5 otd. I think there's room to play with the number.. make sure you check how the lockers are working..shifting in n out of 4wheel also check the skid plates that's how you can tell if somone wheel the snot out of it or not
post #10 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
ok will do that keep in my mind. many thanks.
Oh and make sure n throw some pics up of the new wheels! Congrats in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #11 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

sure will do thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post
Oh and make sure n throw some pics up of the new wheels! Congrats in advance!
post #12 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Rock God

Garage
FWIW

A guy in my office just bought an '07 Unlimited X-Model 4x4, soft top, power everything, 38k miles, 1 owner, very clean, no mods, for $18,500.

Keep looking. I think you can find better deals. AND read some more threads on this forum before deciding between a rubi and non-rubi. Lots of great information here if you search for it.

"Sweet ain't as sweet without the sour"
post #13 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

1. 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4 DR Rubi
or

2. 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4 DR Sahara
You are confusing. Are they X's or a Rubi and Sahara?

If it's a Rubi, I'd agree to go for that one, but try to talk them down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #14 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

6 months ago I bought my 2007 X with 20k miles a soft top and fullly loaded... dealer had just installed a 2.5 BB and 4 brand new pro comps and 4 brand new 35" Goodyear MTr's... the tires and rims had zero miles on them and the undercarriage did not have a single scratch. had it advertised for 24... got him down to 20, but i made out on my trade so probably paid a little less... but there is a ballpark

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #15 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 08:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I dont care about the painted flares. but why will u pick rubi over sahara? thanks
Because if you're Going to wheel it then the rubi is already as set up. I'd give up the miles for the lockers, axles, sway disco, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUJeep View Post
A guy in my office just bought an '07 Unlimited X-Model 4x4, soft top, power everything, 38k miles, 1 owner, very clean, no mods, for $18,500.

Keep looking. I think you can find better deals. AND read some more threads on this forum before deciding between a rubi and non-rubi. Lots of great information here if you search for it.
Its hard to compare a rubi and an x pricewise

post #16 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 08:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Rubicon

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #17 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
You are confusing. Are they X's or a Rubi and Sahara?

If it's a Rubi, I'd agree to go for that one, but try to talk them down a bit.
x2 make sure you know what your gettin!
post #18 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Rock God

I would say it depends on where you live too. I bought an 2d x because i lived in PA at the time and really no where to wheel that required a rubicon besides Rausch and i was bored of that after 2 days. My stock x ran almost every trail except the hard hard stuff. Then 6 months later , I up and moved to colorado where i wish i had the 4dr for the wheel base when im in moab and the rubicon model. The rubi will be better for resale.... but if your not planning on major mods or wheeling then a good priced x or sahara will do just fine.

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #19 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 01:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

another rubi feature y'all are forgettin is the 4:1 t-case

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #20 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Rock God

Rubi hands down. A lot you can do spending less than $1000 on a little lift and tires...

And when, not if, but when you decide yto go big, you'll have axles to sell when you get the Rock Jocks...

But most of all, get an automatic for crawlin'. Unless you have a crawl ratio over 100.

post #21 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 02:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you get a Sahara you're a homo...just saying.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #22 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 07:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoojk View Post
I would say it depends on where you live too. I bought an 2d x because i lived in PA at the time and really no where to wheel that required a rubicon besides Rausch and i was bored of that after 2 days. My stock x ran almost every trail except the hard hard stuff. Then 6 months later , I up and moved to colorado where i wish i had the 4dr for the wheel base when im in moab and the rubicon model. The rubi will be better for resale.... but if your not planning on major mods or wheeling then a good priced x or sahara will do just fine.

Wait what? So you're saying I'd you're not gonna wheel hard get the sahara?

If you were bored at rausch you shoulda tried to follow Nick and me.

post #23 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Rock God

^^^^x2 sounds like you were just driving on the paths that take you to the real trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

post #24 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yes its gonna be automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Rubi hands down. A lot you can do spending less than $1000 on a little lift and tires...

And when, not if, but when you decide yto go big, you'll have axles to sell when you get the Rock Jocks...

But most of all, get an automatic for crawlin'. Unless you have a crawl ratio over 100.

post #25 of 30 Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
If you get a Sahara you're a homo...just saying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode