springs or bb - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

springs or bb

im looking into a 2.5 bb but i was also wondering if it would be better to use springs in the front and spacers in the rear or any other type of combo of the two
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 08:26 AM
JKowners Vendor

If your looking for a cheap and easy lift, then a simple BB would be hard to bet. Everything in one place for one price! You could hunt around and piece one together but it is almost easier to just do it in one stop!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks one thing i also considered but i guess i was really wondering if it would be better withe the springs in the front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Rock God

Garage

From someone who has had both,I suggest you get the springs and save youself the trouble of changing to them later,it will ride better and you will have full flex of the springs.The kits with the coils are usually not much more than the bb kits especially if you shop around.

Black Jeep
post #5 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Rock God

Well it depends on what your gonna be doing with the jeep. If your adding any weight or plan on wheeling it all go with the springs without a doubt. The thing about spacers is that they add constant strain on the springs, couple that with extra weight and hard compression offroad and you have a recipe for seriously saggy springs. I ran a 2.5" spacer lift for almost a year. And by the time I switched it out for a real lift the jeep was sitting lower then stock. My advice is do it right the first time so your not kicking yourself when ya gotta do it all over again.

2008 Detonator 2Dr. 6 Sp.
Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

Crew
post #6 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 10:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

yup if you plan on a winch and front bumper. go springs.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #7 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

cool i guess ill go with coils
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode