Water Transfer Printing - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Water Transfer Printing

Has any heard of or done this to any parts on their Jeep? It looks really cool there is a shop here in town that is starting to do it. I'm thinking about having my wheels done. The first link is how its done and second is the pattern I'm thinking about getting.

http://youtu.be/tw26l-gXlmI

http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-Skulls-Bro...item1c1b59a181

2008 X Unlimited
3.25 Rough Country lift
305-70/16 Mickry Thompson MTZ
10,000# Engo winch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be. - John Wayne..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Rock God

Saw them do it on American Chopper. Looks like a cool process.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

Very cool process. I wonder how durable it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Saw them do it on American Chopper. Looks like a cool process.
Agree!! Had to hit the rewind button a few times on the TIVO! That was some cool stuff!!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #5 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Rock God

it is cool. Almost every color matched car bumper and plastic pieces are done this way. Manufacturers do not paint plastic parts hardley at all anymore. They are all made this way. I almost bet thats how sahara fender are made too. Its a lot thicker and faster then the actual painting process.

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #6 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That's cool... you could sure come up with some cool things to put on parts for the jeep.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
JKO Addict!

I've seen guns camo'd like this, it seems pretty durable once its dry.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoojk View Post
it is cool. Almost every color matched car bumper and plastic pieces are done this way. Manufacturers do not paint plastic parts hardley at all anymore. They are all made this way. I almost bet thats how sahara fender are made too. Its a lot thicker and faster then the actual painting process.
Paint lines are still commonly used in the automotive plastic industry especially when exact color matching is required. In mold pre manufactured paint film skins are sometimes used on injection molded parts but those films are way thicker, durable and applied with a completely different process than the thin skin application shown here.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 04:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes.greg View Post

Has any heard of or done this to any parts on their Jeep? It looks really cool there is a shop here in town that is starting to do it. I'm thinking about having my wheels done. The first link is how its done and second is the pattern I'm thinking about getting.

http://youtu.be/tw26l-gXlmI

http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-Skulls-Bro...item1c1b59a181
What are you planning to get done to it?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I will prolly have my wheels done. Talked to the local folks that are doing it and they won't be dipping till july. If I do i'll post pics.

2008 X Unlimited
3.25 Rough Country lift
305-70/16 Mickry Thompson MTZ
10,000# Engo winch

Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be. - John Wayne..
post #11 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Rock God

WTH?!? That was like magic...

Pretty kewl.

I wonder how durable this is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode