2012 Jeep Wrangler updates - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
2012 Jeep Wrangler updates

Quote:
Updated 5/11/2011

2012 is a big year for the Wrangler; it will move to the Pentastar V6, go from a four-speed automatic to the Mercedes five-speed, and get a mild refresh as well, with production set to start in late July.
http://www.allpar.com/history/chrysler-years/2012.html

Quote:
Updated 5/15/2011

The Scrambler pickup appears to be “no-go” for a few years at least — if it does arrive, it won’t be called a pickup and might not be called Scrambler.

oh2o confirmed that the wheelbase on the two-door 2012 Jeep Wrangler will go up by a tenth of an inch, and Bob Sheaves wrote this meant that they would move the engine (Pentastar V6) forward to fit the five-speed WA580 transmission in (it’s three inches longer than the current four-speed automatic). That could make it easier to give the windshield more an angle for aerodynamics (as was announced earlier).

A diesel is being looked at, but needs to pass emissions at reasonable cost. An updated transfer case may appear, possibly bringing back a full-time setting for broader market appeal. Sheet metal changes will improve aerodynamics (strong chance of major windshield and front end redesign). There is a chance of some sort of "stripped" model as production line can now apply bedliner to tubs during assembly. Better quality is also expected.
http://www.allpar.com/model/upcoming.html

2010 Rubion Unlimited, 17x8 Ultra Drifter wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 285/70R/17 tires, Ace Rock Rails, River Raider Evap Skid plate, Smilin Bob's Breather Extension Kit, Dirty Dog 4x4 Cargo/Pet Divider, IPF 920H4 JK Headlights, JK-RIGRIP front A-pillar grab handles, custom front grill screen, Daystar Upper Dash Panel

Last edited by Rerun; 05-23-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Repost

https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39916

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

Didn't someonE already post this?

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Sure, the 2012 getting the Pentastar is old news... but....

Please see parts in OP highlighted in red. I don't believe that has been posted before... but, as it has happened before, I may be wrong.

Edit: Ok.. the Mercedes 5 speed auto tranny has been brought up, but has the change in aerodynamics (ie windshield angle change and body changes) been discussed?... or the fact that Wranglers my be available with bedliner?

2010 Rubion Unlimited, 17x8 Ultra Drifter wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 285/70R/17 tires, Ace Rock Rails, River Raider Evap Skid plate, Smilin Bob's Breather Extension Kit, Dirty Dog 4x4 Cargo/Pet Divider, IPF 920H4 JK Headlights, JK-RIGRIP front A-pillar grab handles, custom front grill screen, Daystar Upper Dash Panel

Last edited by Rerun; 05-23-2011 at 11:07 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
Sure, the 2012 getting the Pentastar is old news... but....

Please see parts in OP highlighted in red. I don't believe that has been posted before... but, as it has happened before, I may be wrong.

Edit: Ok.. the Mercedes 5 speed auto tranny has been brought up, but has the change in aerodynamics (ie windshield angle change and body changes) been discussed?... or the fact that Wranglers my be available with bedliner?
Yes its all there.....hopefully Jeep does not make the JK into a XJ...I sure more people will buy them anyways!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #6 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Wheeler

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Yes its all there.....hopefully Jeep does not make the JK into a XJ...I sure more people will buy them anyways!

Jason
What is wrong witht the XJ... My family and I loved our XJ for 8.5yrs and 214k miles before selling it so my wife could have a larger SUV. I sold my TJ to get the JK because it shares simular size and off-road ability. When the whole family was going trail riding we would load into my wifes XJ because it had more room than the TJ. My kids still talk about the "ol XJ but love the new 4dr JK because the top comes off like a TJ...

Anywho, I loved all my Jeeps because they all have 4wd ...
post #7 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 07:55 AM
JKO Addict!

We already knew about the Pentastar, and the new tranny.

Better quality? I'll see that to believe it. They can only go up in that department!

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode