Anyone have any luck upgrading parts when getting warranty work done? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Anyone have any luck upgrading parts when getting warranty work done?

I know it is a long shot....but I have had my front passenger side axle seal replaced 3 times now. They said if it leaked again, it must be a bent housing. Surprise! It is leaking again. I was thinking it would pretty sweet if I could pay the difference between another front 30 and a 44 and have them put a 44 in? I Anyone ever try this?

GO THE EXTRA MILE, IT'S NEVER CROWDED THERE.

/l , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)------)_)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 07:54 PM
JKO Addict!

I'll say it will not work. You can take that "new" housing they just installed and sell it. But they wont cut you a deal on aftermarket/upgraded parts, like an insurance job or something could. more than welcome to try it!

Sent via paper airplane

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Granite Guru

Have no idea about the upgrade, I will say if you do wheel your jeep and thats what caused a failure that it may be best kept low key as to not flag your Jeep. When little things fail due to wheeling or " abuse ", not saying this is the case, its sometimes best fixed and kept away form the dealer. I have heard some bad things about un friendly dealers and flagged vin###'s.

I know my Jeep wont go near the dealer unless the engine or trans blows in the near future. I have 16000 miles on it and anything that has gone , basically nothing, I have done myself. No Need for them to even see whats been done to that thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN412 View Post
Have no idea about the upgrade, I will say if you do wheel your jeep and thats what caused a failure that it may be best kept low key as to not flag your Jeep. When little things fail due to wheeling or " abuse ", not saying this is the case, its sometimes best fixed and kept away form the dealer. I have heard some bad things about un friendly dealers and flagged vin###'s.

I know my Jeep wont go near the dealer unless the engine or trans blows in the near future. I have 16000 miles on it and anything that has gone , basically nothing, I have done myself. No Need for them to even see whats been done to that thing.
x2 unless its a motor or tranny stay the hell away! ive known a dealer to flag a jeep under warranty that went in for a power steering issue and because it was covered in mud/dented the dealer flagged/stated improper maintenece larger tires lift ect were the cause of steering faliure and flaged a 2009 with 12k miles!

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #5 of 10 Old 06-04-2011, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Update.....So you guys were right on the upgrade. Out of the question, but they did replace the whole front axle assembly and the passenger side axle shaft. It looks very strange under there all shiny and new. This should take care of the problem.

GO THE EXTRA MILE, IT'S NEVER CROWDED THERE.

/l , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)------)_)
post #6 of 10 Old 06-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post
x2 unless its a motor or tranny stay the hell away! ive known a dealer to flag a jeep under warranty that went in for a power steering issue and because it was covered in mud/dented the dealer flagged/stated improper maintenece larger tires lift ect were the cause of steering faliure and flaged a 2009 with 12k miles!
My 09 was flagged for a ps pump also and I had a signed contract from the service manager stating my warranty would be intact if I stayed at 3.5" of lift or less... If he bought the max care plan they will refund it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 10 Old 06-04-2011, 01:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchw123456 View Post
My 09 was flagged for a ps pump also and I had a signed contract from the service manager stating my warranty would be intact if I stayed at 3.5" of lift or less... If he bought the max care plan they will refund it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya I guess the ps is a hot button issue with them lol

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #8 of 10 Old 06-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Rock God

Garage

it depends on your relationship with the stealership, mine was going to replace my bent 30 with a 44 but the INS agent only wanted to straighten the axle.

there was also a shortage of 44's with no delivery date, earlier this year.

I found a pair of 60's on pirate for 2,500 I'd say that's a better deal upgrade both for the cost of a prorock 44...

homebuilt JK - blood, sweat, lemonade. renamed LOOSE NUTS
post #9 of 10 Old 06-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOUT37JK View Post
it depends on your relationship with the stealership, mine was going to replace my bent 30 with a 44 but the INS agent only wanted to straighten the axle.

there was also a shortage of 44's with no delivery date, earlier this year.

I found a pair of 60's on pirate for 2,500 I'd say that's a better deal upgrade both for the cost of a prorock 44...

That sounds like that was on the ins co's dime not Jeep. Looks like you made out better in the long run anyway......How's the high lift?
post #10 of 10 Old 06-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Rock God

Garage

oh ya, jeep wouldn't touch my bent axle as a warranty issue... all ins

homebuilt JK - blood, sweat, lemonade. renamed LOOSE NUTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode