Child/Baby Car Seat Cover Hold Down Ideas ?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Child/Baby Car Seat Cover Hold Down Ideas ??

Just like the title says, looking for ideas on how you are holding the covers on your kids car seats with the top and all four doors off when the kids aren't in there.

The cover on the booster has straps so it stays on pretty tight, but the cover on the Britax Marathon is just elastic and when no one is in it the wind get's under it then the foam flaps around. I don't like that added abuse. Right now I am just clipping it to the plastic on the sides with binder clips. looking for more elegant solutions/ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Banned

I don't know what that fancy car seat looks like, but in the 3 years I have had my JK, I have never had that problem with any of the car seats we have owned.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Wheeler

strap in a baby doll, added benefit: you can then cruise the carpool lane if you have them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I don't know what that fancy car seat looks like, but in the 3 years I have had my JK, I have never had that problem with any of the car seats we have owned.

Like that basically. so the wind gets under the sides and pulls the cover off (can't go anywhere cause of the straps, but then the styrofoam flaps. Last year it was the only seat in there when I had the doors off so it was in the middle and it was ok, but now to the side it seems to get more wind.

For now the binder clips work, would just like something a bit more elegant. maybe there is some other sort of clip out there. I can get a better picture tonight.

I could use a doll, but we don't have carpool lanes!
post #5 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

I would say, take the cover off, attach some heavy duty velco to the underside by the head, back, and bottom. I did that with my flying floor mats and it works real well.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Granite Guru

I would say if the kids arent in them take them out or throw the seat in the back? never had a problem with the boosters or the seats ?
post #7 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned

Wratchet straps? Keeps the kids in their seats too, so it would be win/win.

I have the exact same seat for my daughter. Never noticed any flapping, but now that I think about it, I usually remove the seat and make Mom pick up/ drop off when I'm running doorless.

post #8 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I would say, take the cover off, attach some heavy duty velco to the underside by the head, back, and bottom. I did that with my flying floor mats and it works real well.
Good call. Easy to sew some velcro to the fabric and stick it to the pastic!
post #9 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 05:11 PM
cgm
Wheeler

i have the same car seat (the brittax marathon)... i was also thinking about ways to keep it in decent shape when driving around with the top off.

i think i am going to try this out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00125NZSQ

it is designed to keep the seat cool... i am wondering if it will also keep the seat dry if i leave the top down in a quick rain shower.

edit: i am just editing to say how sweet it is that the powers that be here let you post full links for non-sponsors... it drives me crazy on the other jk forum when you cant post clickable links.

Last edited by cgm; 05-23-2011 at 05:15 PM.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 05:20 PM
cgm
Wheeler

i have the same car seat (the brittax marathon)... i was also thinking about ways to keep it in decent shape when driving around with the top off.

i think i am going to try this out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00125NZSQ

it is designed to keep the seat cool... i am wondering if it will also keep the seat dry if i leave the top down in a quick rain shower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode