Clayton suspension - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-22-2011, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Question Clayton suspension

Saw a 2010 4dr the other day and it looked pretty good, I asked the guy what he was running for a lift and he said it was a Clayton 4.5 suspension lift.

I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand info on the lift, I've never heard of the company.

Just curious....I'm still a die hard Rock Krawler fan/customer.

JJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I am running a 3.5" Clayton on my JKU and it performs very very well. It has awesome street manners. It does very well offroad as far as ride and articulation goes. I would recommend Clayton Offroad to anyone. Ive got JKS Quicker disconnects and running Bilstein 5100 shocks with my lift.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Rock God

They build top quality stuff. I know their kits were real popular for the TJ's, the long arms for them are virtually indestructible. They are a great stand up company with great customer service from what I've heard. Rock Krawler is just as good though too, you would probably be happy with either one.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

i've got the 3.5" in my rig and its been great so far (mostly on road as i just put it on and have yet to take it for a full offroad trip). first impression you will get is that the kit is heavy duty, all the control arms are like steel girders and the quality is top notch. i can also confirm customer service was great, dealt with adam and he offered help through the process and even reached out to him on my install day for a few questions.

its good stuff, not as well known as some of the others, but definitely high quality.

'08 no limit red rock rubi

MODS: Daystar dash panel - I've got a jeep, I'm invincible already....
post #5 of 9 Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

That's cool to hear about another stand up company that sells good offroad products.

I firmly believe that competition between all these offroad company's is what makes a better product for the consumers...........

JJ
post #6 of 9 Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM
JKO Addict!

I beat the living he'll out of their 4 link in my tj on 42s and it just wouldn't break. I love their stuff.

My plan is to eventually do their kit but leave my rk springs and rancho adjustable on.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #7 of 9 Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

been running their 3.5 for over two years now. The control arms are stout to say the least. The only problem I ever saw was another guy here in town broke their track bar bracket and they had a new one to him in 2 days time. Took the old one back to see what happened to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
I beat the living he'll out of their 4 link in my tj on 42s and it just wouldn't break. I love their stuff.

My plan is to eventually do their kit but leave my rk springs and rancho adjustable on.
I am doing the same thing. I have Rock Krawler 2.5 springs and just ordered 5160's. I got Adam to put up their track bar measurements on the web site so I could do some measuring to see if they will go short enough to work with the RK 2.5 springs.

I had a complete 3.5 kit for my 4 door and. I never got the chance to do the install because I traded in my 4 door JK on an Armada for the wife. Clayton’s stuff is top notch. Nothing against Rock Krawler but I am not sold on the poly bushings. I really like how Clayton uses clevite bushings in his arms and trackbars.

Now I have a 2007 2 door that I purchased at the salvage sale with a front end hit. I keep kicking myself for selling the Clayton kit.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Ive beat on mine pretty hard a few times wheelin now and have had no problem at ALL! Im glad they brought up TJ's My uncle and my cousin both have them on their TJ's and as far as I know they havnt had any issues. They are why I got one and LOVE it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode