there a little tab near the shift selector that pops out? if there is, pop that out and push a screwdriver or key in there. its a bypass type thingy.
this ^^^^ its also in your OWNERS manual believe it or not
Its not the neutral safety switch though its shift lock override.
OP you are remembering to put your foot on the brake right?
Shift Lock Manual Override
Your vehicle may be equipped with a shift lock manual
override. The manual override may be used in the event
that the shift lever should fail to move from PARK with
the key in the ON position and the brake pedal depressed.
To operate the shift lock manual override, perform
the following steps:
1. Firmly set the parking brake.
2. Using a flat blade screwdriver, carefully remove the
shift lock manual override cover which is located on the
PRNDL bezel, above the PARK position.
3. Depress and maintain firm pressure on the brake
4. Using the screwdriver, reach into the manual override
opening. Press and hold the shift lock lever down
5. Depress the shifter release button and shift into NEUTRAL.
6. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
Have your vehicle inspected by your local authorized
dealer, if the shift lock manual override has been used
Disconnect your battery overnight it will probably reset the "gremlin"